Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2010 QB prospect question...

pokerhog

I really havn't had a chance to evaluate the QB's in the upcoming draft. I know QB's like Bradford, Claussen, Locker, and maybe Tebow and McCoy are projected to be in the first two rounds...maybe only the first. My question is this, though...

Is there a SIGNIFICANT difference in talent or ability between Claussen, Bradford, Locker vs. Tony Pike or LeFevour?

I kinda would rather have Suh, Okung, McCoy(DT), Berry AND Tony Pike, then having Claussen and a second round OT. Especially Okung and Pike.

I also very much like the idea of trading back a few and picking up an extra pick or two... hard to do, but would do it in a heartbeat. I then would target CJ Spiller... Get Pike in the Second, and an OT or Guard with the extra pick.

What I need to know, though, is if the top tier of QB's is really that much better than the second tier? If Bradford is worth it, then get him, but I'm not yet sold...

Is there a SIGNIFICANT difference in talent or ability between Claussen, Bradford, Locker vs. Tony Pike or LeFevour?

Not really. Which is why im not personally sold on these guys either. I dont think there is a point in drafting a QB unless you know hes going to be a beast. (Mannings, Rivers, Ryan, Big Ben). You just knew these guys were going to be garunteed hits.

Unless you can draft a garunteed hit at QB.......might as well draft other needs.

Not really. Which is why im not personally sold on these guys either. I dont think there is a point in drafting a QB unless you know hes going to be a beast. (Mannings, Rivers, Ryan, Big Ben). You just knew these guys were going to be garunteed hits.

Unless you can draft a beast.......might as well draft a skill player.

If we draft a skill player, then I will be very displeased.

Line, line, line. Barnes and Tryon will get experience in our non-playoff run next year, too. Ganther is something for now.

We need line no question. But you know for a fact we arent picking EVERY SINGLE pick as an offensive lineman. Its just not going to happen.

We need a running back.......there is no freaken way Snyder goes into next season with Ganther as our starting running back.....unless he runs like a madman these last few games.

I guess Portis could be back........but I doubt it....and hope not.

Everyone is talking about McCoy, Clausen, Tebow, Bradford, Pike..... Meanwhile, the quarterbacks that are going to come in and do the most damage will be guys like Case Keenum from Houston and Kellen Moore of Boise State.. Why cant we just keep Campbell for a couple of years and get that line built up, and maybe draft Kellen Moore next year with our first?!?

Personally, I think once Bradford proves his shoulder is fine, he is a high upside guy with a relatively low downside. Claussen is the most can't-miss, but I have a hard time seeing greatness coming from him Very good, probably, but not great. Locker could be the best, but by far the riskiest.

There are some really interesting lower round guys, but the chance for greatness is long-shotish.

Just my :2cents:

Bradford and Clausen are definitely worth first rounders. Locker is worth a first if you're willing to be VERY patient because he probably has the most potential of any of these quarterbacks, but it's unknown whether he can tap into it. McCoy is worth a second due to his poor footwork, mechanics, and arm strength. Tebow is sitting at a second or third right now unless a team in the first just has to have him immediately. He will need to significantly work on his mechanics and release to be able to make NFL throws. I don't know much about Lefevour. Pike could potentially be a first if he plays really well in his bowl game and performs well at the Senior Bowl and Combine. He has excellent mechanics and a very pure throwing motion while possessing adequate arm strength. Bradford is undoubtedly on a level of his own above everyone else. I would love to get him, but I'd still rather take Clausen because he knows how to deal with a poor OL and take many, many, many hits a game.

from mel kiper im not an insider so this is all i could get

"A senior quarterback who has really grown on me this season is Oregon State's Sean Canfield. After undergoing offseason shoulder surgery in '08, he spent the majority of his junior year as a backup. With incumbent Lyle Moevao coming back from a shoulder injury of his own this offseason, Canfield seized the starting job and hasn't looked back. In a losing effort versus Oregon, he completed 24 of 36 passes for 306 yards with two touchdowns and zero interceptions. The first thing that gets your attention with the 6-foot-4, 217-pound lefty is his accuracy (has completed 70.0 percent of his passes this season). He has a very lively arm and a quick release, does a nice job of going through his progressions and manages the game well. Coming into the season, he carried a free-agent grade. As we fast forward to the present, I expect Canfield to hear his name called in the middle rounds of the draft"

Archived