Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Sports teams that scared the piss out of White America

Lombardi's_kid_brother

love how you word that.

no one says that sports and race don't intertwine. it just gets tiring reading someones post who sees race in every situation...it almost seems to be your obsession. to each his own i guess.

It also gets tiring to be told that I'm wrong in seeing a racial matter in each situation that I post about.

Amuse me.

Name five sports in your lifetime that had a clear racial element. (And I will give you a WV-based layup with OJ Mayo's high school career).

What frustrates me on these threads is that no one wants to get specific. I'm either tsk-tsked as a reactionary. Or I'm told, of course, we are still a society with racial divisions but we are making great progress blah blah blah. I want someone to explain why I am wrong while identifiying the division they see (and not have it be goddamn reverse discrimination).

It also gets tiring to be told that I'm wrong in seeing a racial matter in each situation that I post about.

Amuse me.

Name five sports in your lifetime that had a clear racial element. (And I will give you a WV-based layup with OJ Mayo's high school career).

What frustrates me on these threads is that no one wants to get specific. I'm either tsk-tsked as a reactionary. Or I'm told' date=' of course, we are still a society with racial divisions but we are making great progress blah blah blah. I want someone to explain why I am wrong while identifiying the division they see (and not have it be goddamn reverse discrimination).[/quote']

I honesty believe that classism (if that's a word) works more in this society than racism. Regardless of who the lower class is, they will always be discriminated against.

i clearly remember every kid at 4-h camp cheering for the white kid to upset the star black kid in the title game of the tribal tournament.

a black kid clocked a white kid in the jaw, one and done style, for using the n bomb at football practice.

whenever we played a game my sophomore year in high school, the first thing the senior crew did was assign our fastest defender to the first black dude on the opposing team.

the black kids on our team always pretty much knew what they had to listen to when they went to berkeley springs.

i'll take the oj mayo layup, and raise you one.....i already gave you an example, in this very thread, based off of your georgetown example, complete with a "perhaps you were right," iirc.

my heads not in the sand as much as you like to think, and you make points more than i'd like to admit.

Archived