Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Schefter: QB production separate Skins from NFC East

gorebd82

Our D will come though for us and we get a win by 7.

That's funny... If our D comes through for us it will have to be in the first 3 quarters.... Because in the 4th quarter our defense doesn't play football.

I don't know what to expect though, I want the team to do very well and build on their success from N.O..... but I also want to lose to be honest... to enhance our chances in the Suh sweepstakes...

That's funny... If our D comes through for us it will have to be in the first 3 quarters.... Because in the 4th quarter our defense doesn't play football.

I don't know what to expect though, I want the team to do very well and build on their success from N.O..... but I also want to lose to be honest... to enhance our chances in the Suh sweepstakes...

Its always a daunting task to stop N.O.... in any quarter, Grad is no DB please don't mention Suh I seen him throw Colt 5 yards with 1 arm. That running back from Stanford is just ridicules. I wish we had a way to wedge both of these guys.

Given the circumstances, Campbell is doing a good job with this team. I would bet my last dollar if you throw Romo sits to pee or Eli on this team, that they would perform A LOT worse than Campbell.

So essentially you're saying Campbell is A LOT better QB than Tony Romo sits to pee and Eli Manning.

It is amazing how one good game can inflate some fans' perspectives of a mediocre player.

-The line has been good through points of his career beyond that 6-2 stretch, and I for one was not as overly impressed as so many are at his performance during that 6-2 stretch. I'm not saying he played poorly by any means, but I am just not as impressed as others by his performance.

i dont think the line has been good since that 6-2 run. since then, the skins havent been able to get a running game going and campbell hasnt had a lot of time. that was only just over a year ago, and it seems the line hasnt been the same since.

-I completely agree he is getting better, and learning to adapt to his situation. I can remember earlier this season screaming at the TV, "how does everyone but Campbell know he doesn't have a good o-line." Maybe part of it was him trying to hold on to the ball to make a play, but countless times he seemed to go through his dropback and just stand there. He's gotten much better at this in recent weeks.

i agree with your agreement. ;) and the rest of the above.

-One good game doesn't change your point your right.. But I'm not just looking at the statistics from that game, I'm looking at the point proven.. If our o-line gives JC time to get plays downfield, DT will make the plays when given an opportunity.. Up until the past few weeks he really hasn't been given an opportunity, so how could we honestly judge him?

i think DT is getting better and more confident and could turn out to be a playmaker for awhile to come.

PHI-Westbrook(I am Philly's offense) has fallen off the map, and McCoy hasn't exactly impressed. Jackson is pretty awesome, but Maclin has been pretty much what you expect from a rookie WR.. There next best receiver is Jason Avant.

i think mccoy has been pretty good, although when healthy westbrook is pretty effective.

NYG-There o-line performance has really gone down this season and it has been evident in both there rushing attack and Eli's performance.. As far as there receivers go, if Mario Manningham were here, fans would be in an outrage that he isn't tall enough.. Yet Eli has gotten it done with him and other short receivers.

their O line hasnt been that good. they are ranked 5th in pass pro, although thats sometimes a misleading stat. still better than the skins, as are their WR's and RB's.

DAL-Roy Williams simply isn't the #1 talent they thought he was.. Miles Austin is good, but like Santana not a true #1 because he can't beat a double team.. There rushing attack has been pretty solid, but frequently there missing one of there top 2 backs.

agreed with all that.

-Not saying we have more talent than these teams, but you honestly think there supporting casts are that much better than ours

all the above teams have better talent at O line, RB and WR. to what extent is a matter of opinion.

my point is that many are expecting campbell to be playing 'better' under these circumstances and i dont know why.

So essentially you're saying Campbell is A LOT better QB than Tony Romo sits to pee and Eli Manning.

It is amazing how one good game can inflate some fans' perspectives of a mediocre player.

No. What I'm saying is that ON THIS TEAM, I would take Campbell over Romo sits to pee and Eli.

I'm not saying that Campbell would perform better than Romo sits to pee or Eli on the Cowboys or Giants. So no, I'm not implying, nor have I "essentially" said that Campbell is "A LOT" better QB than Romo sits to pee or Manning.

Campbell will not be in their league until he puts the team on his back and wins a game strongly on him when everything else goes wrong (which has been at least 3-4 losses this season). When, he does, then I think Campbell will be seen in a better light.

He has the skills and talent to be very good, it's just his decision making in critical situations has been terrible. But, maybe it's coaching or the lack of. I'm not sure.

No. What I'm saying is that ON THIS TEAM, I would take Campbell over Romo sits to pee and Eli.

I'm not saying that Campbell would perform better than Romo sits to pee or Eli on the Cowboys or Giants. So no, I'm not implying, nor have I "essentially" said that Campbell is "A LOT" better QB than Romo sits to pee or Manning.

That is exactly what you're saying.

If Campbell would outplay them here, why wouldn't he outplay them on their teams?

That is exactly what you're saying.

If Campbell would outplay them here, why wouldn't he outplay them on their teams?

Again, that is not what I'm saying at all man.

There are so many variables that go into this.

Campbell performs decently here, behind a terrible O-line.

Romo sits to pee and Eli play behind very good lines.

Just because Campbell does DECENT behind a terrible line. Does not mean he will OUTPLAY Romo sits to pee or Eli if he was behind their GOOD LINES.

I could say "I think JC would outplay Tom Brady behind this Redskins line"

Is that the same as me saying "I think JC would outplay Tom Brady if JC was on the Patriots"

NO, it is not.

Just because Campbell does DECENT behind a terrible line. Does not mean he will OUTPLAY Romo sits to pee or Eli if he was behind their GOOD LINES.

Is that the same as me saying "I think JC would outplay Tom Brady if JC was on the Patriots"

NO, it is not.

I know what your saying and most do. Some have tunnel vision and that's what Botched has. JMO, if Romo sits to pee played behind this line, he would lead in int's or be hurt. Eli, the same thing. Now if we had Brady, we could get more roughing the passer calls to go are way! :hysterical:

NO, it is not.

Yes, it is.

Romo sits to pee and Eli are better quarterbacks than Campbell. Therefore they will outplay Campbell given the same circumstances.

Those two QBs help to elevate the talent around them. If Miles Austin or Mario Manningham came here they would do nothing. The same way guys like David Patten and Brandon Lloyd did pretty well on other teams and were invisible here.

When Romo sits to pee went out last year, suddenly his awesome o line looked bad with Brad Johnson and Brooks Bollinger behind it. When Campbell went down in 07, our o line and receivers suddenly got better, because we had a better QB. Romo sits to pee and Manning > Campbell, on any team.

Yes, it is.

Romo sits to pee and Eli are better quarterbacks than Campbell. Therefore they will outplay Campbell given the same circumstances.

Those two QBs help to elevate the talent around them. If Miles Austin or Mario Manningham came here they would do nothing. The same way guys like David Patten and Brandon Lloyd did pretty well on other teams and were invisible here.

When Romo sits to pee went out last year, suddenly his awesome o line looked bad with Brad Johnson and Brooks Bollinger behind it. When Campbell went down in 07, our o line and receivers suddenly got better, because we had a better QB. Romo sits to pee and Manning > Campbell, on any team.

Just take the easy way out next time and say you just don't like Campbell... :doh:

I know what your saying and most do. Some have tunnel vision and that's what Botched has. JMO, if Romo sits to pee played behind this line, he would lead in int's or be hurt. Eli, the same thing. Now if we had Brady, we could get more roughing the passer calls to go are way! :hysterical:

Tony Romo sits to pee was sacked only 20 times in 13 games last year, or 1.5 times per game. Sounds like he had a damn good o line, right?

When Romo sits to pee was out injured, Brad Johnson and Brooks Bollinger were sacked 11 times in only 3 games, or 3.6 times per game. That's more than twice as much...behind the exact same line.

Romo sits to pee makes his line look better than it is. Just like he would make this one look better than it is.

I agree with the last line in your post ;)

Archived