Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Schefter: QB production separate Skins from NFC East

gorebd82

Romo sits to pee's qb rating is 96.3, Mcnabb is 94.7, Eli is 89.2 and Campbell is 87.7 for this year.

So schefter does has a point but I think we can agree those teams for the most part have superior coaching, drafting and are all in all much better run organizations than the skins.

Synder makes it impossible for anyone to have long term success here.

This is a legimate argument, but do the Redskins have a comparable offensive line to those teams? Or receivers that have known what they're supposed to do since week 1?

I don't think any of the NFCE's WR corps were consindered anything great coming into the season. But the Eagles and Giants have gotten alot out of their young guys and Miles Austin came out of no where. Now that our younger guys are finally getting a chance, they are playing much better.

We all know our OL isn't great, but neither is the Packers or Steelers. Those 2 teams are a combined 14-10.

This is a legimate argument, but do the Redskins have a comparable offensive line to those teams? Or receivers that have known what they're supposed to do since week 1?

Sure, I was making more of a reference to those referring to defenses losing games.

I think anybody could argue week in and week out how somebody missed a block, some receiver dropped a pass or ran the wrong route, injuries have effected Oline play, etc.

Just saying....:whoknows:

Most defenses can't protect a lead forever. There is some responsiblity on the offense to increase a lead and put the other team away.

I find it very unfair that our top 5 defense gives up a play or two and they get the blame. Why is our defense expected to be perfect and Campbell is defended for being below average?

Top 5 defense? We don't have a top 5 defense.

And give up a play or two? For three straight games we have had a lead LATE in the 4th quarter and asked them to make one stop. Each time they failed. They even failed TWICE against Philly on consecutive drives.

Let's not forget the Lions game disaster. Allowing Stafford to get 2 90+ yard drives right down their throat.

If anything, I find it very unfair that some of you guys defend this over rated defense so much but don't give the QB very much credit.

JC isn't clutch, everyone knows that. All I'm saying is with a decent defense he really wouldnt have to be....

Well if there is an uncapped year, he becomes a restricted FA. Plus, if he doesn't get many offers from other teams, why wouldn't he come back. I'm sure he likes the players.

I think he will get offers. St Louis, Oakland, Minnesota, Carolina, and Buffalo will all have needs at qb next year. With the exception of Minnesota, Campbell is better than any of the starting qb's on those teams.

JC isn't clutch, everyone knows that. All I'm saying is with a decent defense he really wouldnt have to be....

I completely agree though I think we certainly have a "decent" defense. But, you could make the argument that he'd be a perfectly acceptable QB on a stacked team with a GREAT defense and GREAT running game.

For example, I think he could have taken Carolina just as far or further than Delhomme did last year. They had a ridiculous running game and very good D. He could have won the Super Bowl in 2000 with the Ravens.

However, I don't think he can ever be the Aaron Rodgers, Drew Brees, Peyton Manning type of QB for anyone.

Romo sits to pee, McNabb, and Eli are ranked 10-12 in the NFL. Campbell is 14. The question is do we really want to roll the dice considering that Campbell plays with a JV o-line and third string Running backs?

According to what is he ranked 14? Passer rating? That's an overrated stat. Our offense is 18th in passing yards and tied for 16th in TDs. That's even after the best game of his career. So even after the best game of his career, we're still middle of the pack. If that doesn't define below average, then what does?

According to more advanced stats, Campbell is not even average. Here's a link to Football Outsiders QB analysis. Now this was last updated a week ago, but Sunday's game from Campbell was an anomaly. Look at his numbers before that game. Should one game really convince us that he's the truth?

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/qb

So now our defense isn't even decent? Wow. The Saints scored 48 points against the Giants and Eagles. The only reason they even scored 30 on us is because of a fluke fumble play.

Top 5 defense? We don't have a top 5 defense.

And give up a play or two? For three straight games we have had a lead LATE in the 4th quarter and asked them to make one stop. Each time they failed. They even failed TWICE against Philly on consecutive drives.

Let's not forget the Lions game disaster. Allowing Stafford to get 2 90+ yard drives right down their throat.

If anything, I find it very unfair that some of you guys defend this over rated defense so much but don't give the QB very much credit.

No we dont have a top 5 defense. We are currently ranked 10th overall, 5th against the pass and 24th against the run. That pass defense is grossly misleading as we all witnessed this pass week and vs the broncos.

Here's Fergasun's offseason plan:

- Extend Zorn 1 more year, I don't believe a coaching change is beneficial right now

- Keep Campbell, we'lll need someone to start while the rookie learns the offense... additionally he's a competent backup in a league where QB play is critical.

- Figure out what stud QB we want and draft him. I favor Clausen, however Locker might have more eventually potential.

- Build up the offensive line either draft of FA route.

Now obviously this is kind've a "blame the GM" versus "blame the coach" route. If we get rid of the coach, the GM should go too. Otherwise I don't seen next year getting much better. Quite frankly I think Vinny hasn't churned the roster around enough. I think the team has accepted somewhat mediocre talent in a number of areas when they need to look to upgrade all those areas. Of course it seems like churning the roster takes a back seat to high money FA splash.

According to what is he ranked 14? Passer rating? That's an overrated stat. Our offense is 18th in passing yards and tied for 16th in TDs. That's even after the best game of his career. So even after the best game of his career, we're still middle of the pack. If that doesn't define below average, then what does?

According to more advanced stats, Campbell is not even average. Here's a link to Football Outsiders QB analysis. Now this was last updated a week ago, but Sunday's game from Campbell was an anomaly. Look at his numbers before that game. Should one game really convince us that he's the truth?

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/qb

It's not really fair for you to cite stats to prove your argument, but then discredit his previous game by saying its an "anomaly"...

Stats are stats....

I think he will get offers. St Louis, Oakland, Minnesota, Carolina, and Buffalo will all have needs at qb next year. With the exception of Minnesota, Campbell is better than any of the starting qb's on those teams.

I think Oakland is out of that group now. They have found their QB and can't afford to cut loose the back-up.

So now our defense isn't even decent? Wow. The Saints scored 48 points against the Giants and Eagles. The only reason they even scored 30 on us is because of a fluke fumble play.

I'm speaking on terms of clutch play... sorry for not clarifying...

Brees also threw for a season high in yardage against us....

My point though is that in the 4th quarter, our defense is terrible. If we're up by 4 with 3 minutes to go and the other team just got the ball, do you have any confidence that we will stop them? I don't... just like we know if we're down by 4 JC won't lead us to a score.

I think Oakland is out of that group now. They have found their QB and can't afford to cut loose the back-up.

It's funny you would say that based off of one game where as we have other people who completely discredit Campbell's performance as being an anomaly.

To tell you the truth, I'd rather have Campbell than Romo sits to pee.

McNabb is an okay QB, and Eli is...Eli.

I think the NFC East has a bunch of average QB's overall.

I'd probably rank them :

McNabb

Eli

Romo sits to pee

Campbell

Romo sits to pee and Campbell are really interchangable though. Every Dallas fan I know is about sick of Romo sits to pee, and I've heard plenty that wouldn't mind seeing him go.

Oh you should be in Texas and hear them cry! lol They are comparing him to the now ancient Danny White. Anyone old enough to remember the Linda Lovelace/Danny White Jokes? :D

It's not really fair for you to cite stats to prove your argument, but then discredit his previous game by saying its an "anomaly"...

Stats are stats....

It being the best game of his career and 1 of 6 career 300 yard games out of 48 does make it an anomaly. The only reason I can't fully rely on stats and include his last game is because the stats haven't been updated.

The point is that he's middle of the pack even after his best game ever. How does that not define a below average career?

I'm speaking on terms of clutch play... sorry for not clarifying...

Brees also threw for a season high in yardage against us....

My point though is that in the 4th quarter, our defense is terrible. If we're up by 4 with 3 minutes to go and the other team just got the ball, do you have any confidence that we will stop them? I don't... just like we know if we're down by 4 JC won't lead us to a score.

In that case I agree. Our D still isn't clutch.

It's funny you would say that based off of one game where as we have other people who completely discredit Campbell's performance as being an anomaly.

I watched Grad play in college too so it has NOTHING to do with one game. He will continue to improve IMO and for what it's worth I HATE the Raiders.

The point is that he's middle of the pack even after his best game ever. How does that not define a below average career?

I wouldn't say being a middle of the pack QB in his 3rd full season as the starting QB defines a below average career.

Especially given the situation he's in.

That's just me though...

Maybe. But Russell is horrible; and I doubt they will keep him as the #2 if they keep him. Campbell should get a few offers. I think Carolina would be a good fit.

Don't the Vikes and Bills run a hybrid WCO? Fair or not, I'm not sure either would "come after" JC if that's the case.

I also doubt Spags (St Louis) would want him either given his experience in NY.

I could see him in Carolina though.

We all know our OL isn't great, but neither is the Packers or Steelers. Those 2 teams are a combined 14-10.

sorry but it's two entirely different situation

the Steelers OL isn't that bad, and the Packers are avg. and has improved greatly.... the reason for most of their sacks has been their QB's failure to get rid of the ball trying to make plays. The OL gives the QB usually ample time opposed to the Redskins OL, where anything more than a 3 step drop and JC has DL all over him.

It no coincidence that the best performance by JC all years is the first time the OL prevented a sack, and gave him the most time in the pocket all season.

Don't the Vikes and Bills run a hybrid WCO? Fair or not, I'm not sure either would "come after" JC if that's the case.

I also doubt Spags (St Louis) would want him either given his experience in NY.

I could see him in Carolina though.

The Bills will have a new coaching staff...

I'd also personally rather have Campbell running a WCO than Tavaris Jackson if I were the Vikes...

Archived