Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES: Fred Davis: "This really sucks"

themurf

okay we can do this again, here we go: me would love to have cooley and Davis together on the field at the same time( i hope your still with me) But the Double TE formation that everyone wants to see has not really happened yet! But ifi had to pick one of those two it would be Davis. This team is better off without big shot want to be players that lack focus..aka portis,Cooley. now do you understand or should i try harder?

Here's my pick, Cooley! period!:silly: Are you still with me here? Keep Cooley and Davis. Get rid of Yoder, but not a 2 time pro bowler for a draft pick that might be a bust, and we have had plenty of them!:hysterical:

I understand that players need to "have lives" but I honestly think Cooley and his blog and just all the random **** he pulls for it is starting to become a distraction. it's no doubt in my mind that the whole "ram hunting" episode he had was used by the Rams coaching staff last year to put a chip on their shoulder and we lost that game. I think the more subtle effect of it is you have one of your pro-bowlers, someone who is the best on the team and they just simply don't have a professional attitude. Same with Portis on this. Do you see Brady, Manning, McNabb, LT, AP (when he isn't speeding), any consistent pro bowler doing this? Do you see Samuels, or Fletcher - to me the leaders of the team, doing this? No, you don't. You see a bunch of guys focused on football and if Cooley is pulling most of his pranks at the stadium and practice fields, he's simply not 100% focused on football. If he focused more, maybe in that game defining 3rd and long, maybe he studied enough and knew where to find the soft spot of the zone or just how deep to run his route.

Chris Cooley doesn't have a professional attitude? Really? :doh: I bet Riggo didn't either?

You can say that all day about CP, but Chris rarely EVER misses practices. Up until this injury he had only missed TWO practices in 6 years. One was to attend his Grandfather's funeral this year. Dont' tell me he doesn't take his play serious.

He has lost 3 fumbles over the span of his career.

I like his eccentric and clowny ways. To think that relates to him not being a great team player is, just wrong IMO.

Cooley is what I would call the anti "Big Ego" athlete that we see all over the league.

I would hate to see him on another team.

Here's my pick, Cooley! period!:silly: Are you still with me here? Keep Cooley and Davis. Get rid of Yoder, but not a 2 time pro bowler for a draft pick that might be a bust, and we have had plenty of them!:hysterical:

Oh trust me buddy Davis will not be a bust if he was ought to be a bust he wouldn't be playing his a** off with the team having a 3-8 record. just think about it, if we can get a 1st or 2nd or even more for cooley how many holes we could be filling? like draft a tackle or two tackles. i believe this team is set for a big run when the Oline is at least solid.

Excellent interview, thank you for sharing. Very glad to hear that stuff from Davis, dismayed also.

I am all for keeping both Cooley and Davis and using the 2 TE set as a base formation. Moss and Thomas on the outside would complement that well IMO. We need playmakers on offense, keep them both and run plays which get them both on the field. Heck, keep splitting Cooley wide and work on doing the same with Davis in the offseason as he further grows into his role.

Oh trust me buddy Davis will not be a bust if he was ought to be a bust he wouldn't be playing his a** off with the team having a 3-8 record. just think about it, if we can get a 1st or 2nd or even more for cooley how many holes we could be filling? like draft a tackle or two tackles. i believe this team is set for a big run when the Oline is at least solid.

If your worried about filling holes? JMO, if we didn't get Haynesworth, just think what 100 million could have patched up? And Buddy, Davis is playing hard, but never think a player is not going to be a bust because you say so! We have had a few 1st and 2nd picks in the draft bust so be careful.

If your worried about filling holes? JMO, if we didn't get Haynesworth, just think what 100 million could have patched up? And Buddy, Davis is playing hard, but never think a player is not going to be a bust because you say so! We have had a few 1st and 2nd picks in the draft bust so be careful.

i don't think pointing out the money spent on Haynesworth is a good excuse due to the fact taht next year will most likely be a cap free year and managing the salary cap has been one of snyders few positves. i like Haynesworth but thats a diff story. That being said i would like to keep both like i mentioned earlier, but i just have a feeling that when cooley comes back this coaching staff wouldnt use davis the right way like in the past. we'll just see what happens man.

Chris Cooley doesn't have a professional attitude? Really? :doh: I bet Riggo didn't either?

You can say that all day about CP, but Chris rarely EVER misses practices. Up until this injury he had only missed TWO practices in 6 years. One was to attend his Grandfather's funeral this year. Dont' tell me he doesn't take his play serious.

He has lost 3 fumbles over the span of his career.

I like his eccentric and clowny ways. To think that relates to him not being a great team player is, just wrong IMO.

Cooley is what I would call the anti "Big Ego" athlete that we see all over the league.

I would hate to see him on another team.

Ok, then what do you make of his whole "Ram hunting" episode with CP. That definitely had a negative affect. Cooley gave them loads of bulletin board material. I don't think "because he's popular" is a good enough excuse to just keep someone around. The team flat out sucks, I'd rather toss in the cards and rebuild, trade away whats worth trading away, accumulate picks and build a new team. If cooley can get me 3, maybe 4 players in the next 2 years - see you later Cooley.

Say a team comes with an offer of a 1st and third for Cooley. Looking at the state of the team as it is right now, do you trade Cooley?

Hell, if a team comes with an offer of a 1st and 3rd for COOLEY, you better see if they don't offer more because if they give up a first for Cooley, something's not right in that organization. Cooley's great, but no one will offer a first for him.

Ok, then what do you make of his whole "Ram hunting" episode with CP. That definitely had a negative affect. Cooley gave them loads of bulletin board material. I don't think "because he's popular" is a good enough excuse to just keep someone around. The team flat out sucks, I'd rather toss in the cards and rebuild, trade away whats worth trading away, accumulate picks and build a new team. If cooley can get me 3, maybe 4 players in the next 2 years - see you later Cooley.

I didn't say keep him "because he's popular". I said keep him because he is a great TE, has a great attitude, and is a hard worker.

Yeah it gave them bulletin board material, but they should have won the damn game. You can't put that on Cooley. We gave that game to them. A guard should learn to knock the damn ball to the ground.

I thought the videos were hilarious. Wish we could have backed it up, but that is on the whole team not an individual.

He is a character with a lot of personality. He is a perfect Redskin. You don't think the skins in the 70s and 80s didn't bad mouth other teams, and give them bulletin board material? **** the Political Correctness and walking on eggshells.

First, what information do you have that backs up your assertion that it had a negative affect?

Second, it has nothing to do with popularity. As another poster just mentioned, #47 is a dang good TE. A Pro Bowler. He may be popular but he can produce results. Something that #86 hasn't done...yet.

Originally Posted by Dallascrushers viewpost.gif

I love Fred Davis...but the only concern I have is the better he plays the more likely Snyder will dangle Cooley as trade bait to help in the rebuilding process next year. I love Cooley as well and if Snyder does trade him he better get at least a 1st and 2nd round draft pick and possibly more for him.

I just hope we actually utilize both of these guys next year in 2 TE sets.

I might be wrong, but I'm pretty sure that Shanny used alot of two-TE sets in Denver on a regular basis, so if he comes here I could see him wanting to keep both guys.

I love Fred Davis...but the only concern I have is the better he plays the more likely Snyder will dangle Cooley as trade bait to help in the rebuilding process next year. I love Cooley as well and if Snyder does trade him he better get at least a 1st and 2nd round draft pick and possibly more for him.

Im interested to see how we perform with cooley and davis. We are very slowly putting the pieces of the offensive puzzle together

First, what information do you have that backs up your assertion that it had a negative affect?

Second, it has nothing to do with popularity. As another poster just mentioned, #47 is a dang good TE. A Pro Bowler. He may be popular but he can produce results. Something that #86 hasn't done...yet.

people are starting to jump the gun a little. cooley will always be a redskin

Archived