Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Are the Saints a "Team of Destiny", or were the 'Skins just plain old snake-bit?

md20j

Do the plays that contributed to the 'Skins demise in this game -- notably the "interception-strip-fumble-GOOD-CHRIST-SOMEONE-TACKLE-HIM-play", the missed field-goal, the contoversial fumble in OT -- mean that the Saints are going to the Super Bowl as a "Team of Destiny" ala the 2000 Titans or 2001 Patriots or 2007 Giants... or are the 'Skins just THAT snake-bit???

The Skins played lights out and totally dominated the Saints. They just made one too many mistakes. When the remaining teams on The Saints schedule watch film of this game, the Saints will find their unbeaten streak come to an end. Will they make it to the SB? Maybe. I just don't see our loss is as a result of their "destiny".

you forgot the punt hitting the guy perfectly in the back. mnf probably will just show our highlights for the "come on man" reel.

Yeah. :doh: That totally sucked. You're just screaming at the TV for him to run off the field - anything but crouching down and getting nailed in the back. And I'm sure we'll keep seeing that replay over and over.

I don't know... a shanked punt that will give us great field position that falls with laser precision straight into the back of our guy isn't a mistake. It's bad luck. That punt which looked like it was going out of bounds, that somehow managed to find our guy and stay in after hitting him against the sidelines is the epitome of WTH?!! I bet if he tried and we gave him a hundred chances their punter couldn't do it again from that angle with the players running at that speed.

Then, the aftermath with the interception fumble return??? Are you kidding me, fate?

A bunch of weird things did happen, but the team played hard enough to win. You can't control certain things and New Orleans played hard & took advantage of opportunities. Campbell probably played his best game ever until the very end. I'm still a little upset about the Sellers ruling and no one will convince me he wasn't down by contact when his forearm touched.

Even as hard as he played at times, I'd still put the "goat of the game" on Landry before Suisham for getting burnt twice on the same basic move.

Actually, there's a little old lady living that looks like Whoopi Goldberg in New Orleans who knows a little voodoo. She caused this bizarre game to happen yesterday. She wanted to toy with the angry Redskins fans a little and make the Saints look like a team of destiny. :)

http://www.nola.com/saints/index.ssf/2009/12/new_orleans_saints_fans_claim.html

The '09 'skins and Saints reminded me of the '07 Ravens and Pats. The Ravens were a lousy team and they should have been smoked by the unbeaten Patriots, but they made a game of it just like the Redskins did because it was their SuperBowl.

Now after they lost, the Ravens were pretty much demoralized for the rest of the season and eventually gave the Dolphins their only win of the season. However, the undefeated Patriots went on to lose the only game that really mattered and the next year the Ravens went to playoffs instead of NE.

So maybe there's something good waiting for you guys too.

The '09 'skins and Saints reminded me of the '07 Ravens and Pats. The Ravens were a lousy team and they should have been smoked by the unbeaten Patriots, but they made a game of it just like the Redskins did because it was their SuperBowl.

I kept thinking that same thing throuhgouth the game. A lot of people (myself included) kept worrying about Gregg Williams wanting to "Show up" the Redskins and straight up embarrassing us, but I feel like our coaching staff wanted to prove itself just as bad yesterday. It's a shame we couldn't pull that one out.

We're snakebit but if Suisham makes the field goal, we're winners.

The way that game went, I almost feel like we still would have found a way to lose. Heck, they may have even ran the kick off back and got the on side kick. The game was just that crazy yesterday.

Archived