Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

If we can get any kind of running game, we can be dangerous...

tr1

Sure...sure, that's a big if. Two fifths of our starting o-line is out...and we're about to shuffle in some guys who haven't done squat in practice. And, Portis, the perennial no-show in practice is out with a concussion...and Betts is dinged.

So, what can we hope for? We can hope that the rb who starts actually had a full week of practice. We can hope that Sherman has put in some rolling-pockets, mis-direction and reverses to slow the Denver d down a bit...and, we can hope that Marko actually starts this weekend.

Oh, and some sure tackling by the D would help.

If we can get over 100 yards rushing, I predict a win.

HTTR!

Running the ball wears out the offensive line. Throw the hell out of it to keep the line fresh and our D on the field. If our D is on the field, our O-line stays fresh.

Broncos 41

Skins 7

Betts 15 rushes, 28 yards

Puff Puff Pass.

No chance in hell of us getting blown out this weekend.

I refuse to believe in any of that.

The fact is- Washington hasn't had a Coach who can make adjustments since Gibbs the first time around. Things like rollouts and reverses would make sense.

It's not that I think every HC since 1992 in DC has been stupid. It's that we've had a ton of very arrogant and stubborn coaches.

How else can you explain the fact that we keep running the same stuff over year in and year out, despite the fact that it has failed repeatedly?

You are in luck this weekend, tr1.

Betts will run with bad intentions against Denver.

It's his first start since 2006, and an opportunity to showcase his talents to our next coach, and to the entire league.

Yeah.

30 year old running back with a 4.1 ypc career average and 12 rushing touchdowns.

I'm sure he'll be a hot commodity next year.

Lets see (if I had predicted this):

Betts 25 rushes, 140 yards

Broncos 41

Skins 7

I understand we suck.

But the spread is roughly 3 1/2 points.

First, Denver isn't scoring lately.

Secondly, they are on a short week.

And, they just had to fly all the way across the country.

41-7 is a little ridiculous.

Yeah.

30 year old running back with a 4.1 ypc career average and 12 rushing touchdowns.

I'm sure he'll be a hot commodity next year.

A 30 year old, with the wear and tear of a 26 year old.

And a low salary.

He'll be in the league. Check back in Sunday night.

Sure...sure, that's a big if. Two fifths of our starting o-line is out...and we're about to shuffle in some guys who haven't done squat in practice. And, Portis, the perennial no-show in practice is out with a concussion...and Betts is dinged.

So, what can we hope for? We can hope that the rb who starts actually had a full week of practice. We can hope that Sherman has put in some rolling-pockets, mis-direction and reverses to slow the Denver d down a bit...and, we can hope that Marko actually starts this weekend.

Oh, and some sure tackling by the D would help.

If we can get over 100 yards rushing, I predict a win.

HTTR!

I think this game could be the best shot we have out of all remaining games to pull out a win.

I understand we suck.

But the spread is roughly 3 1/2 points.

First, Denver isn't scoring lately.

Secondly, they are on a short week.

And, they just had to fly all the way across the country.

41-7 is a little ridiculous.

Didn't the Atlanta Falcons have a short work week and not scoring much lately?

Why would you find this ridiculous? What have the Redskins done to make you think that they can hold this or any other team to under 41 points? And flying across the country? You know it's only a 2 hour flight? Talk about jet lag, lol.

A 30 year old, with the wear and tear of a 26 year old.

And a low salary.

He'll be in the league. Check back in Sunday night.

There are a lot of backs who have little wear and tear with low salaries and are actually 26 or younger.

What's your point? Besides of course the fact that you think Betts will be good for 2 rushing TDs and one receiving TD.

And flying across the country? You know it's only a 2 hour flight? Talk about jet lag, lol.

I think you meant two hour time difference. Maybe the Concorde can make it from Denver to DC in two hours.......its about a 3.5 hour flight on regular planes.

I do think the Skins pull this one out, 24-17.

I was just happy to see 2 running backs out there running hard.

It was no surprise to me that we were running the ball better with Clinton on the bench.

Portis imo has been running carefully all season and leaving alot of yards on the field.

I don't think he's been close to 100% all year.

But now Betts is banged up and missing practice time.

Even with another make shift OL this week if we can have a RB out there running hard be it Betts or Rock we'll have a chance to run the ball effectively.

You are in luck this weekend, tr1.

Betts will run with bad intentions against Denver.

It's his first start since 2006, and an opportunity to showcase his talents to our next coach, and to the entire league.

I am tempted to run Betts on my fantasy team this Sunday, I think he can rush for a 100 and get 2 scores if our line can help the man out for once.

If you look at our losses none of them have come from the other teams passing attack. In case some of you haven't noticed between all of the complaining about our 10+ yard cushions the Skins have the best pass defense in the NFL:

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2009111507/2009/REG10/broncos@redskins

Just a link to show that this is true. I don't think we should be scared of Orton but we must be ready for Brandon Marshall for sure. This week the RB we are facing is crap. Knowshon Moreno has a 3.7 yard average. The key to who wins this game in my opinion is who's running back plays best. If Betts has a good game I see us winning it. If Moreno has the better game they win. I see a close game here where the winner kicks a FG late, since I do believe we will lose if we win I am hoping Denver wins but this is likely our best shot at winning again this year so I'm going to close my eyes and forget reality for this weekend and hope we win but will not be disappointed if we lose.

Running the ball wears out the offensive line. Throw the hell out of it to keep the line fresh and our D on the field. If our D is on the field, our O-line stays fresh.

Broncos 41

Skins 7

Redskins score their most points of the season this game.

They win 27-17

Broncos 41

Skins 7

What!?! The Broncos drop 40 on us? Sorry, just don't see it.

Nor do I see 28 yards rushing for Betts.

Before the Redskins do anything they need to quit turning the ball over. It seems like every game the skins give up a safety or a return for a TD off a turnover on offense. I'd keep playing Marko Mitchell more and not give up on Devin Thomas yet. I think it'll be really tough to run against the Broncos, but Betts can do some damage if he's healthy and the line blocks. The D needs to create more turnovers too.

:dallasuck

Archived