Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

I Love Chad Johnson

airs0ft3r

I don't think he's a bad guy, like TO or Brandon Marshall, it's just getting really old and stale.

I'm not an old guy, I'm 19, and I just think it's boring now and he just keeps begging for attention, but nobody really cares anymore. It was cool back before 2006 before TD celebrations were banned, but now he's just trying too hard. Attention whore.

Well, let's review that very post.

Nowhere in that post did I say we SHOULD take him first round. All I said is that I wouldn't mind him on this team. I definitely don't think that he is worthy of a 1st round pick, but anything lower than 4th round seems alright. However, I think we can both agree that almost anything is better than Campbell at this point.

Oh yeah, how could I forget. You based your opinion of Tebow on his "fire". Dude, that's ridiculous. Lots of guys have fire. That doesn't mean a hill of beans at the next level. Tebow doesn't have the skillset to compete at the next level. Period. He will be a bust if he goes in one of the early rounds.

Goodell is playing himself with this fine. You are punishing the most entertaining player in the game for being entertaining. His actions hurt no one, everyone knew it was a joke.

I can understand some level of a fine just for appearances sake. But why 20K? That's awfully high. You can damn near hospitalize a guy and get less than that. A symbolic $5,000 fine seems more in step.

• 2 weeks later...
I'm in a league where you are allowed to start each player up to two times a year. I will be starting my boy Chad Ochocinco this week. Go 85!:wavetowel
Wait, wasn't Bubble Screen the one who didn't like 85? Who are you and what have you done with him?!

Both are burning me :(

Of course the fact that Ryan's out (I had him on one of my teams too) doesn't help :doh:

At least Roddy White got into the endzone there at the end. Ochocinco is ultimate fail. He should concentrate more on football, and less on all the other stuff. He hasn't had a good game in quite awhile now. Couldn't even do anything vs the lowly Browns defense.:doh:

My reaction at halftime: :doh:

I should have known he wouldn't come through. He and Roddy White (my other WR) each have just 2 receptions for 26 yards.:doh:

You do know that the Bengals ran 45 times in that game right? Palmer only got off 24 passes.

Then again, why let facts get in your way?

You do know that the Bengals ran 45 times in that game right? Palmer only got off 24 passes.

Then again, why let facts get in your way?

Great, man. Well here are the great Ochocinco's numbers the past "four games":

BAL 5 receptions 66 yards 0 TD

PIT 2 receptions 29 yards 0 TD

OAK 4 receptions 67 yards 0 TD

CLE 3 receptions 38 yards 0 TD

Yeah, why let facts get in the way?:rolleyes:

Palmer has been averaging around 26 pass attempts per game in those, completing about 16 per game. Their running game has been great and that's where the focus has been.

Then again, why look at context when you can "prove" a point cherry-picking stats?

Yet the Bengals are 8-3.

Would you really care if your star receiver put up those stats if it resulted in that record?

Of course, if you are only looking at it from a FF point-of-view, I see your point.

Yet the Bengals are 8-3.

Would you really care if your star receiver put up those stats if it resulted in that record?

Of course, if you are only looking at it from a FF point-of-view, I see your point.

The guy you responded to is just looking for more "reasons" to fuel his misplaced hatred towards Ochocinco.

Palmer has been averaging around 26 pass attempts per game in those, completing about 16 per game. Their running game has been great and that's where the focus has been.

Then again, why look at context when you can "prove" a point cherry-picking stats?

Man, you are full of excuses. Yeah, its no secret they've been running the ball more lately. And that's because they've been facing alot of poor run defenses. However, he not only isn't getting in the endzone, he's not even getting many catches. 3 catches? C'mon. Quit making excuses. He hasn't gotten it done the last month. Just admit it. You think he's the only WR in the NFL whose team is running the ball? Chris Johnson is the main cog on Tennessee. And he gets alot of carries each week. But does that stop Kenny Britt from making plays? Nope. There are examples like that all over the NFL. I get it, man. You worship Chad. And you live near where he played HS. Again, great. But quit making excuses. And this has nothing to do with my dislike of the guy. If I didn't think he was any good, I never would have had him on my fantasy team last week. Keep in mind, im in a league where I can pretty much start anyone I want each week. And since I had already started most of the "elite" WR's, I was left to go with a second tier WR like Chad.

Yet the Bengals are 8-3.

Yeah, my argument with the OP was mainly about fantasy. However, his numbers the past month are horrible, no matter how you look at it. The W-L record is great and all. But for them to have success in the playoffs they're gonna need more production from him. Its as simple as that.

Man, you are full of excuses. Yeah, its no secret they've been running the ball more lately. And that's because they've been facing alot of poor run defenses. However, he not only isn't getting in the endzone, he's not even getting many catches. 3 catches? C'mon. Quit making excuses. He hasn't gotten it done the last month. Just admit it. You think he's the only WR in the NFL whose team is running the ball? Chris Johnson is the main cog on Tennessee. And he gets alot of carries each week. But does that stop Kenny Britt from making plays? Nope. There are examples like that all over the NFL. I get it, man. You worship Chad. And you live near where he played HS. Again, great. But quit making excuses. And this has nothing to do with my dislike of the guy. If I didn't think he was any good, I never would have had him on my fantasy team last week. Keep in mind, im in a league where I can pretty much start anyone I want each week. And since I had already started most of the "elite" WR's, I was left to go with a second tier WR like Chad.

:rotflmao:

You cited Kenny Britt. :doh:

Are you serious? That's your example? Outside of this very past week (which is obviously why you made such a misinformed statement), let's compare the previous 4 with Ochocinco:

Britt:

Vs. Houston: 4 receptions, 42 yard, 1 touchdown

Vs. Buffalo: 2 receptions, 55 yards

Vs. San Francisco: 0 receptions

Vs. Jacksonville: 1 reception, 7 yards

Total from these games: 7 receptions, 104 yards, 1 touchdown

....Ochocinco in his last 3: 11 receptions, 162 yards, 0 touchdown....

The comparison between the two doesn't do anything but disprove your "point".

Also, I don't idolize any player. Do I like him? Absolutely. Me living in South Florida has nothing to do with that. Him being the type of player that others should emulate has everything to do with that.

His main focus is having fun which is what the game is about. No other player comes close to giving back to the fans the way Ochocinco does. What other player takes his fans out to lunch or dinner practically weekly? What other player hosts a movie night every Friday for fans for home games? What other player buys out the rest of unsold tickets and goes to the stadium on a Saturday and passes them out? What other player would rather spend his time doing all of the above and interacting and hanging out with the fans instead of going to clubs and getting ****ed up and getting in trouble.

Please, answer some of those....it's not hard to like the guy....

Dude the Britt example was to show you that even though he has the best RB on his team, and doesn't get targeted as much, can still make plays. Something that 85 obviously hasn't done lately. And btw, did you even notice that Britt had 2 TD to 0 for 85, during that span? Not to mention, one of Britt's TD was a "game-winner".

As for what 85 does off the field. Yeah, he does some nice things, and gives back. But so do a ton of other NFL players. Big deal. You make if seem like he's the only player that does things like that. But he's also been know to be a douchebag. I guess you forgot about the time he refused to give away the car to the fan that won the contest, right? Yeah, great guy! And you're right about his main focus is to have fun. But that's not what he's paid to do. He's not paid to be a clown. He's paid to play the game of football. And he hasn't done a very good job of that in the last month or so.

Dude the Britt example was to show you that even though he has the best RB on his team, and doesn't get targeted as much, can still make plays. Something that 85 obviously hasn't done lately. And btw, did you even notice that Britt had 2 TD to 0 for 85, during that span? Not to mention, one of Britt's TD was a "game-winner".

.....and Ochocinco can make plays when targeted. I cited the fact that outside of that last game (which is why you used Britt as an example) he did have 1 TD to Ochocinco's 0.

As for what 85 does off the field. Yeah, he does some nice things, and gives back. But so do a ton of other NFL players. Big deal. You make if seem like he's the only player that does things like that. But he's also been know to be a douchebag. I guess you forgot about the time he refused to give away the car to the fan that won the contest, right? Yeah, great guy! And you're right about his main focus is to have fun. But that's not what he's paid to do. He's not paid to be a clown. He's paid to play the game of football. And he hasn't done a very good job of that in the last month or so.

He does "some" nice things? No other player can even compare to what Ochocinco does for his fans. Once again, you are citing information from a Wiki page that you don't know the whole story to. I don't either and none of us ever will.

Yes, he is paid to play football. Has he had a great month (outside of yesterday)? Not really. Does that mean he's suddenly focusing on other things? No, he just hadn't be targeted as much. He was yesterday and he came through.

A guy can have fun and be good too.

Archived