Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

I Love Chad Johnson

airs0ft3r

• 1 month later...

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4868696

Kirk Stivers was tired, cold and grieving. It was the last Saturday in November and he had just returned from the funeral of one of his oldest friends, Chris Kernich. Stivers sat on the couch of his mother's home in Beavercreek, Ohio, opened his laptop and logged on to Twitter. He needed to send a message to Cincinnati Bengals receiver Chad Ochocinco.

"I knew that was the way I could really connect to him," Stivers says.

That night, nearly 60 miles away, Ochocinco was in Cincinnati on the eve of the Bengals' game against the Browns. It was just after 6 p.m. when he, too, logged on to Twitter.

Ochocinco has more than a half-million followers on the social-networking Web site, which has helped him build a brand beyond being an NFL wide receiver. While scanning his Twitter feed, Ochocinco spotted a message from Stivers that read: @ogochocinco @the_man_CK was buried today with your jersey! A great person was laid to rest today. His memory will always be alive! RIP CK

Less than five minutes after Stivers posted the message, he saw a return message that made his jaw drop and tears start to stream. Ochocinco had a message for Chris Kernich: @the_man_CK bruh I love you man, RIP, you'll never be forgotten, I'm playing for you tomorrow

The rest of the story is at the link.

Archived