Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anyone else think the Bears are heading down the same road as the Redskins?

Redskinzfan30

They didn't have a 1st last year. They don't have a 1st this year or a 2nd this year. I think they will be heading down the same road as the Skins. Their O-Line is bad and they have aging defense.

Anyone else feel this way?

you make a good point, but they have a QB

They didn't have a 1st last year. They don't have a 1st this year or a 2nd this year. I think they will be heading down the same road as the Skins. Their O-Line is bad and they have aging defense.

Anyone else feel this way?

What does a lack of 1st round picks have to do with the Skins? The Skins have had 9 first round picks in the last 9 seasons. The two seasons they didn't have a 1st rounder they turned the pick into Santana Moss, Devin Thomas and Fred Davis. Our problem has been trading mid rounders for idiots (Lloyd, Duckett). But you never know how those draft picks are going to turn out anyway. People really notice when you trade a 3rd round pick for a player that doesn't help you but rarely bat an eye when the guy you draft stinks. Our problem is that our coaching staff has not developed an offensive lineman in 10 years outside of Derrick Dockery. Not one. And, oh yeah, our QB is what he is. I'm not a huge fan of Jay Cutler but he is better than what we have.

What does a lack of 1st round picks have to do with the Skins? The Skins have had 9 first round picks in the last 9 seasons. The two seasons they didn't have a 1st rounder they turned the pick into Santana Moss, Devin Thomas and Fred Davis. Our problem has been trading mid rounders for idiots (Lloyd, Duckett). But you never know how those draft picks are going to turn out anyway. People really notice when you trade a 3rd round pick for a player that doesn't help you but rarely bat an eye when the guy you draft stinks. Our problem is that our coaching staff has not developed an offensive lineman in 10 years outside of Derrick Dockery. Not one. And, oh yeah, our QB is what he is. I'm not a huge fan of Jay Cutler but he is better than what we have.

I mean they are trading away draft picks just like the Redskins did and now we don't have depth because of that and we have glaring needs but we won't be able to address all of them because we don't have the draft picks to.

I mean they are trading away draft picks just like the Redskins did and now we don't have depth because of that and we have glaring needs but we won't be able to address all of them because we don't have the draft picks to.

Our problems with depth have very little to do with trading away of draft picks. Our problems are our inability to develop any offensive linemen. We have been able to develop defensive linemen out of projects but not one single offensive lineman. We've drafted several and none of them panned out. I'm not even talking about developing mediocre linemen. Our projects look the same as they did the first time they set foot on the field in their first preseason.

Our problems with depth have very little to do with trading away of draft picks. Our problems are our inability to develop any offensive linemen. We have been able to develop defensive linemen out of projects but not one single offensive lineman. We've drafted several and none of them panned out. I'm not even talking about developing mediocre linemen. Our projects look the same as they did the first time they set foot on the field in their first preseason.

If we had more draft picks then we wouldn't be playing a DE at OLB right now. If we had more draft picks then we wouldn't be playing Stephon Heyer as a starter.:doh: Point is that if we had more draft picks then we might not have the problems we have now. I think the Bears could be looking at the same problem if they don't make some smart draft choices in the late rounds.

its kinda shocking with one the greatest oline coaches in the history of the game....

Did Vinny say that the reason they put Aldridge on the roster was because out of all 32 team PS there was not one single lineman that they were comfortable with trying to develop??? I heard a news clip, thats not an exact quote.....is that what he said for real? :doh:

its kinda shocking with one the greatest oline coaches in the history of the game....

Did Vinny say that the reason they put Aldridge on the roster was because out of all 32 team PS there was not one single lineman that they were comfortable with trying to develop??? I heard a news clip, thats not an exact quote.....is that what he said for real? :doh:

It was something like I looked over the other 31 practice squads and I didn't see an O-Lineman worth picking up so I brought in Aldridge. Double:doh::doh:

Buges kind of gets a pass around here but the results speak for themselves. He gets credit for turning the line back to respectability after the Spurrier years but that was all scheme. Chris Samuels was a Pro Bowl tackle that Spurrier made look like Stephon Heyer. All it took was a real NFL scheme to bring him back to the Pro Bowl level. As for the practice squad issue, there are plenty of teams that need offensive linemen right now. None of them are swooping in to pick up these players anyway. At least Aldridge gives us something we didn't have which is speed in the backfield.

Personally I hope we completely clean house over the winter and bring in an entirely new coaching staff. I love Greg Blache as a defensive line coach but as a defensive coordinator I think he is way too passive. The whole play the CBs 10 yards off the line while blitzing just floors me.

The Bears will have to rebuild at certain spots, and I don't know if Cutler will ever really be ELITE. He'll have good games but he'll have 3-4 games a year where he'll be absolutely dreadful. He's basically Tony Romo sits to pee in that respect. But he will keep them competitive.

Great point!!! That's whomever wants to draft a qb in the 1st should wake up and take notice!!! You need an oline 1st and) to compliment the qb!!!!! We have neither and if someone says) aghhh nooooo he's ging and his body is breaking down from our crappy oline!!!

I have to disagree, If you want a true rebuild, and we probably need it, then you grab the potential franchise QB when you have the opportunity. Yeah it sets you back. You get better faster if you focus on the lines. But you end up without that QB, who can put the solid team over the top, making them a contender EVERY year.

Not sure why everyone says get the QB in 2011. A couple extra wins and you might not be in that position. I say get the QB, get him in the system, he doesn't have to start behind a poor O-line. You are probably writing-off next season too, that sucks, but that's rebuilding.

I have to disagree, If you want a true rebuild, and we probably need it, then you grab the potential franchise QB when you have the opportunity. Yeah it sets you back. You get better faster if you focus on the lines. But you end up without that QB, who can put the solid team over the top, making them a contender EVERY year.

Not sure why everyone says get the QB in 2011. A couple extra wins and you might not be in that position. I say get the QB, get him in the system, he doesn't have to start behind a poor O-line. You are probably writing-off next season too, that sucks, but that's rebuilding.

Agreed. Once we get an O-Line we might not be in a position to grab a franchise QB and I don't want to have to trade up to get one.

Archived