Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

'Skins bolster D-line add Veteran Bernard Holsey

GrimReaper21

Holsey is a tweener and shifts between DE and DT just as Powell did last year. He can hold his own vs. the run as long as he is not left out there for 40 plays a game.

He is a guy you mix in and give some reps to when the established starters need a blow.

Lachey, I notice Scott wasnt on your list. If he has kept his speed after putting on those 30 pounds, then he may be a force at DE.

But What I'm thinking about are some comments made by Art, who said that Haley may come in to replace Noble. I'm thinking that Haley plays a role similar to Noble, then they can both get in there and occupy two blockers. That would leave our ends to go one on one or something like that. So while it may not directly lead to more sacks, a lineup of Noble and Haley could give us more one on one matchups which our ends should at least win 25 percent of the time.

This would mean that Haley replacing Wilkinson is not that bad of a thing. I do however, wonder how Haley can take on two blockers when he is just 285, but we'll see what he can do.

blakman,

another thing to consider is in this two gap scheme, two fat a$$es up front can be better than one. Remember the ravens with sam adams and the goose. If they each tie up two guys (or simply collapse the pocket if in isolation, then that frees up our backers and DEs.

We could easily see noble + haley if wilky dissapoints.

-DB

Originally posted by blakman211

This would mean that Haley replacing Wilkinson is not that bad of a thing. I do however, wonder how Haley can take on two blockers when he is just 285, but we'll see what he can do.

Blakman,

Haley is over 300 pounds. Holsey is 285-ish.

Archived