Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2006 let down.

bigdoublebass

The defense absolutely fell apart in '06 and Lloyd was another horrible pick up via trade, and Archuleta was another complete waste of money. If the defense could have held up then the team may have had a shot at 9-7 or possibly 10-6, but that wasn't the case. Also, for all the problems that team had, players never quit on Gibbs that year and we finished up 6-10, the team will be lucky to win a 3rd game this season with the lack of heart they've shown during the easiest 6 weeks in NFL history.

then we made some of the dumbest moves ever. Lloyd, Ducket, Archuletta, Randle El, yeah it sucked. Losing Portis sucked, and Carter was the only good pickup that year. The problem is we didn't give him a good supporting cast until this year, and the differences are showing.

Oh, and Al Saunders. It's not that Saunders sucked, and I don't care to think of the story then, but it's more screwing up what we did have.

I completely bought into the 2006 hype. I was expecting, AT WORST, a loss in the NFC championship game.

Also, for all the problems that team had, players never quit on Gibbs that year and we finished up 6-10, the team will be lucky to win a 3rd game this season with the lack of heart they've shown during the easiest 6 weeks in NFL history.

Um, 5-11, just like the team was when Gibbs first showed up.

At the time I did too, but looking back, losing Portis was big, also Brunell really never recovered from the wear and tear he endured during the homestretch in 2005. He really took a beating and put his body on the line to help the Redskins get into the playoffs during the "5 in a row or we don't go" rally.

I still say if Brunell was healthy we would have beaten Seattle in 2005.

i remember being so psyched going into that year, went to the home opener vs minnesota on monday night, and watched us lose.

it was all downhill from there. the only fun of that year was watching campbell at the end of the season. the hopes for him back then were so high.

Loved when we blocked that field goal and won the game against Dallas.

Archived