Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

we have only played one division game

joeknows

ok i just made a big pitcher of kool aid and i know im gonna get beat to hell and back but here goes....

we have only played one division game...

mathematically speaking we arent out of this thing yet....

i know it is a looooooong shot but say the team takes pity on zorn and his situation.... with 5 games left in the division we could theoretically sweep the division still in those 5 remaining games and land in the paloffs.

i know it is unlikely but hey .... dont give up yet. hope is about the only thing tangible about our situation we can cling to...

think about it... philly just lost to the raiders and dallas isnt on track either and the gnats just got their rear ends handed to them....

im not the biggest homer here but after this thread im sure i will be flagged as such but cmon guys.... we have a new play caller and if history tells us anything it is ANYTHING can happen.....

ok i just made a big pitcher of kool aid and i know im gonna get beat to hell and back but here goes....

i know it is a looooooong shot but say the team takes pity on zorn and his situation.... with 5 games left in the division we could theoretically sweep the division still in those 5 remaining games and land in the paloffs.

i know it is unlikely but hey .... dont give up yet. hope is about the only thing tangible about our situation we can cling to...

think about it... philly just lost to the raiders and dallas isnt on track either and the gnats just got their rear ends handed to them....

im not the biggest homer here but after this thread im sure i will be flagged as such but cmon guys.... we have a new play caller and if history tells us anything it is ANYTHING can happen.....

It's remotely possible. The biggest thing to look at is that last year, and so far this year (if the single game against a good team is an indication), the team plays up/down to our opponents. Nail-biters either way, but we do tend to play better vs. better opponents. So if things are shaken up and our general play improves, maybe we could edge our opponents out from now on.

If the offense plays just a wee bit better for instance. As bad as we've been, we still only lost to the Giants by 6, Lions by 5, Panthers by 3 and Chiefs by 8.

the point is the divison isnt playing so well either......... we could still win the division

I know. I know.

But after the Chiefs, Panthers, and Lions, even a down year in the East does not seem like it will end well for the 'skins.

Don't worry...I still have hope.

I won't give up hope until the last game has finished.

Even if we are mathematically eliminated weeks prior to that.

HTTR.

well im just tired of hearing the guys that have season tickets selling them and people talking about boycotting games.... i have been a fan since 78 and the thought of going to a skins game even this year for me would be a privilage....

dont give up on our team .... go to the games and scream your damn fool heads off and let this team know you still support them no matter what!!!

im sick of the negativity .... i know things look grim but you season ticket holders obviously dont know how lucky you are and the rest of you that are in the general area as well.... i never get to see my skins on tv and i have very little media locally about them....

i would trade places with any of you season ticket holders in a heartbeat to get to go see this team and yell and scream like a lunatic....

it just seems that when this team needs yall more than anything many are turning your backs on them and i find that well...... shameful....

The OP substituted making a pitcher of kool aid for cooking up a twenty rock.

You're high if you think anyone will win with this OL. My sister has more fight in her... wait... I don't have a sister.

Exactly...

and this is EXACTLY the crap im talkin about... take your negativity elsewhere....

since when has it been ok to give up on the skins 6 games into the season....

i have never been to a game... i dont live in the area... i have never lived near the area and yet i can continue to root for my team

maybe you can take a lesson here on how to be a true fan

i have NO reason at all to support this team and yet i do .... kinda funny how that works huh?

^^^ It's more than just six games dude. And it's more than just ES. The whole Redskins Nation is done. Hell, my lit class this morning started with my female professor having like a 5 to 10 minute discussion about how much the Redskins suck. Everyone got involved. Even the pretty airhead chicks. Then I went to work and this crackhead that hangs out in the shopping center started talking to me about how much the Skins suck. Maybe not living in the area prevents you for getting a real feel for what's going on here. People are done.

and this is EXACTLY the crap im talkin about... take your negativity elsewhere....

since when has it been ok to give up on the skins 6 games into the season....

i have never been to a game... i dont live in the area... i have never lived near the area and yet i can continue to root for my team

maybe you can take a lesson here on how to be a true fan

i have NO reason at all to support this team and yet i do .... kinda funny how that works huh?

It will be interesting to see how the team fares joeknows. I've been with the team from the age of 11. I am 42 now. I've seen and stuck through enough.

If rooting for doom makes you happy, have at it!

It will be interesting to see how the team fares joeknows. I've been with the team from the age of 11. I am 42 now. I've seen and stuck through enough.

If rooting for doom makes you happy, have at it!

i apologize i didnt mean to be an ass to you .... i have been a fan since i was 6 and that being 31 years for me means we both started being a fan in the same year and have had the same ups and downs....

its just that negativity begets negativity....

what else can we do at this point but look for the silver lining???

i apologize i didnt mean to be an ass to you .... i have been a fan since i was 6 and that being 31 years for me means we both started being a fan in the same year and have had the same ups and downs....

You need to buck up and face the music. Danny needs to suffer in ways his money or power cannot save him from. The only way that happens is dissent among the loyal fan base in order to 'educate' the owner.

Danny needs to learn how to be an owner. I guess it is up to us to teach him.

I'll watch the Skins games on TV but I get my 'quality football' fix by watching other teams like the Denver Broncos last night.

Anyone take notice? Nine new players on defense. A new defensive coordinator, head coach, offense, and QB. One consistent thing... the offensive line!

I don't see Denver doing much when it comes down to it but I do see them moving forward from where they are next season.

The Skins? They are in shambles. If I were a player on that team I would BEG to be traded!

^^^ It's more than just six games dude. And it's more than just ES. The whole Redskins Nation is done. Hell, my lit class this morning started with my female professor having like a 5 to 10 minute discussion about how much the Redskins suck. Everyone got involved. Even the pretty airhead chicks. Then I went to work and this crackhead that hangs out in the shopping center started talking to me about how much the Skins suck. Maybe not living in the area prevents you for getting a real feel for what's going on here. People are done.

Your professor needs to stick to the damn curriculum and that crackhead needs to hide the weed before the cops show up. aw **** too late:hysterical:

Lets just say we do sweep the division .....so what? That does not get us in. The division is still won by overall record not division record if I am not mistaken and i guess I could be wrong. I would guess that this SUPER HAPPY scenario puts us at 8-8 or 9-7 at best that doesnt get us in the paloffs IMO

I agree with this sentiment. Our roster - whether it sucks or not - is pretty much set for this year. No change in ownership or management midseason will help, so whining about the players we have and coaches and management in season does no good. Now in the off-season I thnk definitely we need to make some changes, but while the season is upon us, we may as well support the team that goes out there and enjoy this season as much as we can as it will be over before we know it.

Im right with the OP. Right now we can still go 12-4. Is it likely? Of course not. But that still leaves 11-5 and 10-6 as possibilities as well and I think those will get us into the playoffs. Whether likely or not, those are all possibilities as of right now. Maybe this change in play calling actually does make a big difference and the offense starts helping out the defense. Maybe they start putting up 20+ a game. If that happens, we are a strong team to contend with. Until we are out of the playoffs, I am cheering for them week in and week out and not worrying about next season. GO SKINS!!!

The only problem with your theory is that it relies on some great QB who could actually turn this team around... remember they are going back to Cambell for Monday night. We are still going to suck. And I'm sure after loosing to the worst QB in the league the Eagles will be pumped up not to loose to the Second Worst QB

Archived