Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Carnival Cruise Line: Uses HTTR in their advertising jingle

washogskinz

It looks like Carnival Cruise line is showing some love to Redskins Fans.

Their "Smeller" Commercial ends with a little jingle which includes the first four bars of "Anchors Aweigh" (Navy Hymn) and finishes with the melody that accompanies "Fight for old D.C." from "Hail to the Redskins".

:eaglesuck

Warning: The rest of the commercial is kind of dumb so skip right to :20

Here's a secret about popular music: Everything is stolen by everyone. Again and again.

Composers use cadences in everything they write. The chord progression of this commercials jingle does sound kinda similar to the progression from HTTR (Fight for Old DC part), but it's similar only on that level.

Good try and good ear, but it's kind of a reach.

Hahahaha that is the end of the actual "Anchors Away" song. I played it in high-school band.

that part is simular to the "fight for old DC" measure in HTTR

maybe the person who wrote HTTR, "sampled" the ending.... I mean I'm sure he heard Anchor's Away quite a lot in Washington DC ;)

It's not HTTR, but if it were I would say that Carnival was trying to profit off of our natural longing to be in the middle of nowhere for the next 3 months due to the embarrasment suffered this season.

On that note, they should have a Redskin fan do one of those "Wann get away?" commercials for Southwest. The only problem is that Southwest does not fly to South Pole Station, Antarctica.

that part is simular to the "fight for old DC" measure in HTTR

maybe the person who wrote HTTR, "sampled" the ending.... I mean I'm sure he heard Anchor's Away quite a lot in Washington DC ;)

I think maybe HTTR also sounds similar to "Jesus loves Me", a song we used to hear as kids.

At least they didn't lift the whole song like the South Korean Baseball team the LG Twins. One of their fight songs is a direct copy of H.T.T.R.(with Korean words of course)

Archived