Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Please Answer This Question For Me

jileib

I am not a defender of Vinny, however, the question I need answered is: why is it that just about every defensive player that Vinny has brought to the team (drafted, free agent, etc.) since Zorn has been coach been a real-time contributor and every offensive player that Vinny has gotten is like literally non-existant and invisible.

Not sure this is just since Zorn. The player development on the defensive side of the ball has been much better than the development on the offensive side. The list of players who have been disappointments on the offensive side of the ball is just too long to be acceptable.

Not sure this is just since Zorn. The player development on the defensive side of the ball has been much better than the development on the offensive side. The list of players who have been disappointments on the offensive side of the ball is just too long to be acceptable.

Everybody wants to blame Vinny for everything, but it was Gibbs who brought in a lot of the offensive guys. But Gibbs is a legend and Vinny is not.

Everybody wants to blame Vinny for everything, but it was Gibbs who brought in a lot of the offensive guys. But Gibbs is a legend and Vinny is not.

Gibbs made some mistakes ,but Most of the time he was dead on...Its funny how ES fans forget how bad we were...winning 5 games in a season was the superbowl for us before Gibbs came back:doh:

ES fans =Eddie Murphy's "What have you done for me lately":laugh:

It's leadership, players and coaching

The younger Defensive guys get to see other players on there side of the field and learn and emulate the veteran leadership they see. They also get to learn from proven successful Defensive coaches. The Defense also has greater depth on it so young guys aren't asked to produce much right away

The young offensive guys are totally screwed. First they have no offensive veteran leadership. Second they are mostly dependant on a poor performing player like Jason Campbell to do well. Wr's are dependant on the QB and our QB is garbage. If our QB was excellent say like Rivers, Manning (pick one), and Brees they would get more involved and be able to produce more. Believe me, guys on the Giants, Indy, and Chargers minus maybe two players aren't very good but the QB makes them look great. Our WR's are stuck with Campbell so they are screwed until he's fired. Lastly the offensive coaches suck. Our cordinator, our QB coach, or Line coach, they are all over rated garbage.

Bottom line is the Defense is a great place to play, the offense not so much....

So every good draft or FA signing was Gibbs, but moving up to get JC was Vinny. I understand.

Huh? I said that?

What is wrong with posters lately?

The OP said that Gibbs did nothing in terms of bringing in an offense. I disproved that. I didn't say that Campbell was a brilliant move, did I?

You may be more correct than I realized.

Once I started putting name to this dismal Offense failure, it appears that Demond Howard, then Heath Shuler were the beginning of the fall.

Except for Cooley, we have not drafted an Impact player on offense for 15 years or better.

Who was our last offensive impact player we drafted that was worth their wage?

Archived