Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

So, Blache Needed a Break (Did Chernobyl Just Happen Yesterday?)

Reaganaut

maybe during his break he will realize the only stat that means anything is super bowls won. Doubtful, but maybe. His fixation on defensive points allowed and not the big picture (our offensive point scoring struggles) should lead to his eventual retirement. I bet Zorn got yelled at when he asked if he could try to pitch a shutout just one time. Maybe Sherm II talks for Zorn to Blache. B1? Dont hit me.

maybe during his break he will realize the only stat that means anything is super bowls won. Doubtful, but maybe. His fixation on defensive points allowed and not the big picture (our offensive point scoring struggles) should lead to his eventual retirement.

IMO, this is a complete contradiction. Offenses that score a lot of points allow defenses to take more risks. Offenses the don't score, i.e. Skins, makes the defense play more conservative.

Blache has done a great job and may not seek sacks as much as some would like but he gets the job done in class and honestly with no bull!

[Forward: for those of you who are too young to remember, Chernobyl is a nuclear power station in the Ukraine that had a partial melt down in 1986 due to monumemtal incompetence by their Executive Vice President and meddlesome belt buckle wearing owner. First there we had complete silence from the USSR's leader Gorbachev, then geiger counters started going crazy on our side of the Iron Curtain. I think geiger counters are going off now. Fights between players... new set of eyes... DC publically gagged... hmmmm.]

So we find out that Jim Zorn contacted the league himself to let them know that Greg Blache wants out of the weekly press conference. He "needs a break" according to Zorn, for "personal reasons."

This is the outspoken Blache with a witty quip for everything and homecooked wisdom which has endeared him to the media and fans alike?

He's said in the past that he didn't like press conferences with colorful metaphors featuring medical procedures he'd rather endure. Still, one wonders whether that breakdown he had with the mea culpa was more than it apparently seemed.

I'm not one to question the toughness of this defensive leader on the team, but Zorn clearly telegraphs that as team leader he had to intervene in a humanitarian sense for Blache because he "needed a break." What the heck? Jim Zorn is many things, but he is fundamentally an honest man. If he said he intervened on Blache's behalf then it's probably true.

Is the stress of losing (again) too much for this guy? He's gotten nothing but accolades from fans and the press for as long as he's been with the Skins. Strange.

Blache has done a great job and may not seek sacks as much as some would like but he gets the job done in class and honestly with no bull!

Then why can't he answer simple questions like "Why are you using the best pass-rushing DE in the draft as a LB" or "Why do you have no pass rush?"

I have yet to actually hear anything other than bull**** come from Blache's mouth.

My question is, why did the NFL PR folks let this fly? They gave him the OK for this, but why?

That is what I'm wondering about as well. How easy is it to get out of this kind of thing? Can you simply say that you have gas and don't want to do it anymore? If not, then I wonder what the reason was.

Y'all jump to a new level of hate almost daily... You don't know the facts so why not just assume the worse.

Tis the ES way:thumbsup:

I hope whatever Blache's personal reasons are it's not too bad.

Kinda hard to judge the man when you don't know what the reason is. Hell, for all we know it could be for health reasons. Dealing with the press isn't exactly a low stress activity and Blache isn't exactly a young man.

Whatever the reason, the team needed to get league approval to do it. That gives an air of legitimacy to it.

The fact that they went to the league to get an approval should signal that something really is wrong with Blache. As big of a fan Goddell use to be;) do you think he would allow this unless it was valid???:chair::doh::silly:

Ya'll keep listening to BMitch,Riggo,The Post, Sally Jenkins, Florio,JLC though it's all an conspiracy by mastermind Dan Synder and Vinny Cerrato:silly:

Sorry but I will disagree with you on this one. After all we all humans and take stress differently. It is also possible that he might be having some personal issues.

I am not sure where it is written the coaches HAVE TO talk to the media. Plus he is not even the HC. I don't remember GW or AS talking that much to the media. Please correct me if I am wrong.

GW talked to the media MORE than Blache did.

He was more detailed and actually gave the fans "football" information, unlike Blache who is just a sensitive guy when it comes to the media.

I think Blache basically just waved the white flag and is showing his true colors here. He can't take the heat so he's exiting the kitchen.

Greg Blache may have had some creative schemes in Chicago and he has done some good things here in years past, but not this year. His keeping the corners too far off the receivers and not blitzing near enough. Not to mention I never did agree with his decision to attempt making Orakpo a friggin LB when he is what we need as a DE. If we don't start getting some pressure on these quarterbacks we'll stay in nail biters for the rest of the season.

Archived