Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

MLB Playoffs 09 Thread

Big Weirdo

I thought this would happen. Hamels is horrible during the day for some reason. Rockies are tough at home too. Phillies can't afford to go to Colorado tied up.

Phillies are the best road team in baseball. They can afford to go tied up. Its not ideal but they can afford too.

If it goes to 5 games the Phillies will win. Rockies cant hit Cliff Lee.

Yeah or something like that

Anyways Angels actually beat Red Sox which was startling considering the Red Sox dominance over LAA the last few seasons, just 2 more wins to go

Then you could see an Angels - Yankees ALCS and I doubt the Yankees win that one, Angels own NYY

So you could have a Dodgers - Angels "Freeway Series" if things line up correctly!!!!!!!!1111

I can't believe the Cardinals lost that game. Matt Holliday has to be kicking himself.

I dunno, I have a different opinion on that. It wasn't a routine flyball, it was a hard hit line drive. Still shoulda caught it, though. I'd blame the pitcher if I were a Cards fan. No excuse for not getting that one more out that they needed to close out that game.

I dunno, I have a different opinion on that. It wasn't a routine flyball, it was a hard hit line drive. Still shoulda caught it, though. I'd blame the pitcher if I were a Cards fan. No excuse for not getting that one more out that they needed to close out that game.

Exactly. Its not all on Holliday. He didn't give up the hits afterwards.

Anyways Angels actually beat Red Sox which was startling considering the Red Sox dominance over LAA the last few seasons, just 2 more wins to go

I've been going to Angels games since I've been in Southern California.

I can tell you that that win last night was HUGE. Think being up on the Cowboys 14-0 after the first quarter of the divisional playoffs. It ain't over yet, but things are lookin good.

It's not just the last few seasons that the Sox have dominated us, it's been the last couple of decades. In the 1986 ALCS, the Angels were up 3-1 on the Red Sox, and were one strike away from going to the WS. Then pitcher Donnie Moore gave up a homer, and it all unravelled from that point on and we choked away that series. Donnie Moore committed suicide three days later.

I've been going to Angels games since I've been in Southern California.

I can tell you that that win last night was HUGE. Think being up on the Cowboys 14-0 after the first quarter of the divisional playoffs. It ain't over yet, but things are lookin good.

It's not just the last few seasons that the Sox have dominated us, it's been the last couple of decades. In the 1986 ALCS, the Angels were up 3-1 on the Red Sox, and were one strike away from going to the WS. Then pitcher Donnie Moore gave up a homer, and it all unravelled from that point on and we choked away that series. Donnie Moore committed suicide three days later.

three years later. ;)

Archived