Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Blache's post game comments, "Well, I don't know why they're shell-shocked."

bishtw

Exactly. Gregg Williams' defense was the same as Blaches as far as being extremely passive.

I want an aggressive DC in DC, someone like Rex Ryan who's going to get the most out of our talent and send the dogs, disguising blitzes. NOONE is fooled with Williams or Blaches blitz schemes, NOONE.

How long have you been watching football? :doh: Gregg Williams' defense was extremely agressive.

I never really cared for blache, even before the season. He thinks that he is good at coaching the defense, but all he can do is talk fancy to reporters and make them feel dumb after interviews. The man is classless and should be fired immediately, and promote an temporary coordinator within for the rest of the year.

Exactly. Gregg Williams' defense was the same as Blaches as far as being extremely passive.

I want an aggressive DC in DC, someone like Rex Ryan who's going to get the most out of our talent and send the dogs, disguising blitzes. NOONE is fooled with Williams or Blaches blitz schemes, NOONE.

Maybe you're confusing just the D-Line play. Seems like Williams played the D-line passive reacting to the run like Blanche.

But the difference to me seems that Williams blitzed far more effectively with his LBs and secondary than Blanche does. And that's the aggressiveness you miss out on. Still not a lot of sacks normally, but I think people had to respect Williams' blitzes a lot more than Blanche's

edit: I was probably replying to the wrong guy earlier

How long have you been watching football? :doh: Gregg Williams' defense was extremely agressive.
Maybe you're confusing just the D-Line play. Seems like Williams played the D-line passive reacting to the run like Blanche.

But the difference to me seems that Williams blitzed far more effectively with his LBs and secondary than Blanche does. And that's the aggressiveness you miss out on. Still not a lot of sacks normally, but I think people had to respect Williams' blitzes a lot more than Blanche's

edit: I was probably replying to the wrong guy earlier

Sorry, let me be more clear.

Williams' defense was agressive, true. But we had the same problems then as we do now, it wasnt effective wreaking havoc and creating turnovers. We couldnt sack the QB and we couldnt consistently rush the QB into making mistakes. That is a fact.

It seems even when we send more rushers than they have blockers, we still dont get to the QB, and we saw the same thing with Williams' defense. It HAS to be scheme, our players are too good to be this bad. I wish we had a Rex Ryan type DC, then you'd see results.

Archived