Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NYP: Plaxico's hostile reception (Jeers and insults from Rikers inmates)

Taylor4Life

If Plax was so worried about his own personal safety that he felt compelled to carry a handgun, despite the severe legal penalties that could result if he was caught, he should've choosen a different nightclub to hang out in. Or he should've just stayed home. If you seriously think there's a good chance you might be the victim of a crime if you go out, why do you go out? It's not like he was getting food for his child or something critical either - he was just going out clubbing.

If Plax was so worried about his own personal safety that he felt compelled to carry a handgun, despite the severe legal penalties that could result if he was caught, he should've choosen a different nightclub to hang out in.

it's not always about what club you're in, stuff happens on the street or outside of places. Also, who would think you would "need" a gun in a college classroom, yet there are a couple of cases where that may have helped. (and many cases of shootings being stopped earlier because of an armed individual who was NOT a police.)

The idea that somehow magically your need for self-defense will disappear in a safe place is absurd. There are no 'safe' places, except MAYBE a military base. It's probably not likely you'll be robbed at gunpoint there. But that's about it.

Punishment is WAY too harsh, New York laws or not it's just too harsh. There's a LOT of people doing much worse than this and not getting punished this bad, that's what's really sad. A mayor looking to cash in on his 15 mins of fame by being a hardass had pretty much doomed Plex in this case and thats sad. He no doubt deserved to be in jail and do some time, but not this much.

out of all of them Riker's is the worst. the kitchen is ancient and the food NEVER comes out fully cooked, that is torture. the water taste like crap also.

i will give it props though, the gym is a lot better then most, especailly in the yard.

I'm going to throw this out there.....I take it you have personal experience in this particular jail?

out of all of them Riker's is the worst. the kitchen is ancient and the food NEVER comes out fully cooked, that is torture. the water taste like crap also.

i will give it props though, the gym is a lot better then most, especailly in the yard.

How does a VA dude know about Rikers? That whole place is ancient, especially the bus with no seats.

;)

This is where the concept of "Zero Tolerance" gets us as a society. It's designed to accommodate the bureaucratic mentality of taking common sense out of every equation.

Not only is justice blind, but it has an extra chromosome, apparently. In physics, scientists know that the laws of general relativity break down when a singularity is encountered. Similarly, I think getting two years for shooting yourself accidentally -- damaging your own ability to earn a living -- should signal a breakdown in New York's gun laws.

Plaxico is an insolent jerk, but time ****ing served.

I can understand why he did it. With the way Darrent Williams passed away, if I was celebrity I'd have some sort of protection as well.. The way it went about and the way he handled it was wrong..should of got the right permit ..and even then I don't think its allowed in the club but it would of been lesser punishment.

ever hear of a bodyguard? :doh:

Thank god NY stuck to their guns...(no pun intended) and didn't let him off the hook.

ever hear of a bodyguard? :doh:

Thank god NY stuck to their guns...(no pun intended) and didn't let him off the hook.

I wouldnt want the bodyguard breathing down my neck, when Im trying to get my freak on lol

I didn't say he should be let off the hook, but I understand why he did it. Lets be honest here..in the heat of trouble, who would you trust with your life (instinctively, not necessarily rationally)? A bodyguard? or yourself?

When sh*t hits the fan, you don't have time to think rationally; you go off of instincts. I have no reason to believe that Plax would pay his "bodyguard" enough to take a bullet for him. In most cases you pay the bodyguard to keep you out of harms way..to prevent something from happening.. BUT NOT take a bullet for you...not at the expense of your life... That Secret Services job.

I don't know about you, but you can't pay me enough to take my life for someone else. But I would gladly become a "bodyguard" outside of a club. Club bodyguards don't get paid to take bullets for the owner.. he takes the necessary precautions (pat you down..check id... etc) to keep the club customers out of harms way.. to prevent something for happening.

Archived