Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Calling you out Deangelo Hall.

Jethrodsp

DHall-

Im calling you out!...

+1

I was really hoping Hall would prove my suspicions about him were unfounded. I was not encouraged by his preseason performance. The way he played against the Giants has me feeling less that optimistic.

I will grant Hall and his supporters that it was only one game, but viewed in the context of his career, it's hard for me to believe he's going to turn things around. He didn't in Atlanta, and he didn't in Oakland. That's how he ended up here.

He should have a better game against Bulger and the Rams. Of course, our whole defense better absolutely destroy Bulger and the Rams, no excuse at all if we don't get a sack...or five. Jackson's literally the only guy on their entire offense worth discussing.

I also think if we somehow end up letting Rogers walk, we're going to look back and feel like real morons for giving Hall that contract instead of Carlos.

This team WILL NOT let C-Los walk.

please don't quote excessive text. It's in the rules :slap:

Sorry, But I'm total opposite from you on this. I'll take a guy who doesn't give up big plays and occasionally gets a pick or 2 instead of a corner that hits hard. - By the way, you wanna talk "playing soft?" -"And drops passes?" Lets talk Smoot. Can't catch a ball if it was handed to him, and plays 15-20 yards off the line of scrimmage because hes so afraid of getting beat downfield! Sorry, I'll take Hall ANYDAY!

All I know is, if he keeps playing like this in our upcoming games, he needs to be cut, as he is no different from Kenny Wright.

In all fairness, NOBODY COULD POSSIBLY SUCK AS MUCH AS KENNY WRIGHT. As a matter of fact, I think they built a big machine in europe to study the big bang and to see if it is possible that ANYTHING COULD SUCK AS HARD AS KENNY WRIGHT. Stay tuned...

This won't change much at all. Hall has always been overrated and Rogers should have received that contract. Hall should have been offered a 1-2 year deal to prove himself.

I'm still debating whether or not to start Avery on my FF team. Their OL vs our DL? Hmm, maybe not.

DHall-

Im calling you out!

Last season you looked hungry when you got to the Skins. You gave the defense a boost and made some big plays for us but against the Giants in the Meadowlands you were clearly the least physical defensive player on the field. No matter what the Redskins have done record-wise in the past, I have always seen our defense bring it physically. Our secondary has always been willing and able to make tackles. The player you replaced was arguably the most physical corner in the league. Sure, he couldnt stay healthy for a complete season but after watching you whiff on Mario Manningham in week one Ill take 8 games of a healthy Springs over that sorry display any day and twice on Sunday. Sure you got a pick but that doesnt make up for thinking the first game of the season is two-hand-touch. By now you should know, this is the NFL which stands for not for long when you have a ridiculous miss like that.

Right at this very moment, despite his penchant for dropping ints, I wish the Redskins had rewarded Carlos Rogers with your bloated contract instead of spending it on a complacent softie with good hands. Give me a physical, match-up corner who wants contact, I can live with some drops.

So what do you want 23? Come 2010 when there is no salary cap you could end up just another rich NFL washout only remembered for cheating a couple franchises out of tens of millions of dollars or you could remind every fan in the NFL why your future looked so bright coming out of Virginia Tech. We want to see you here, really...but theres one thing I know about Redskins fans: we want physicality on defense. Smack someone in the mouth, especially a damn Giant! This is not the AFC west. NFC East fans and players across the board agree on only one thing: there is no more physical division in football. Right now, I wonder if you can hang. Its not for everyone man, I know. The Redskins have tried many players who have had success in other parts on the league only to realize that its not for everyone. Ask Danny and Vinny about the laundry list sometime.

Sure, you got that money. You are a very rich man. I dont know what that kind of money is like but I do know this: there is something more valuable after your career is said and done than money. Respect. You earn the respect of Redskins fans and we will treat you like a king. We will go to battle for you. Think Art Monk had a chance in hell of getting into the Hall of Fame without us? NO! And its not because of his stats dude. They should have put him in a long time ago. Its because he did things in such a low key way that he was underappreciated outside of Washington. Constantly sacrificed for the team. Became the Hines Ward of his day blocking and sealing the edge for the likes of Riggins, Rogers, and Byner. Giving up the fly routes for the 10 yard hooks when Gary Clark and Ricky Sanders got to town. Played physical. You dont think we appreciated that? Thats what it takes to earn our respect and he got the ultimate reward last year when Canton Ohio was overrun with the Redskins army just to pay our respects.

You want that? Earn it 23. I want to see you do it. I dont want to see that all the talk before the season was just that: talk. Get in someone's grill. Shut down frickin Donnie Avery this weekend. Make Stephen Jacksons legs pay for taking him around the corner.

You got that money man, now go out and get that love. We're waiting to give it. I love the rest of our secondary. Los, Smoot, Landry, Horton, all those guys play it the right way. Get on board dude. Its not all about the ints.

:helmet:

I agree 100%

I think that DeAngelo Hall while being somewhat picked on and not making great tackles last Sunday did come up with a turnover which we were sorely lacking last year. .

On the Manningham touchdown it seriously looked like he thought it was two-hand touch.

Picks are nice but he just happened to be in the right place when Landry made a great play. Plenty of other players on our D could have made that catch if they were in the same position.

Is this thread a joke? Did you hear him admit his play was bad and call out himself? Come on dude. It would be different if he thought he played a great game but he obviously didn't. Everyone has a bad day at the office.

I didnt hear his admission of suckiness.

Wouldnt change the way I feel. Im sure he said the same thing after his first bad outing in Oakland.

I have bad days at the office too. I get called out on them afterwords in some form or another even if I admit it...makes me work harder.

Handle Your Business DHall.

We all saw the work ethic, the attitude, the chip on the shoulder. But if it doesn't translate to the field its just a bunch of Preseason chatter.

I want you to be a Probowler! Everybody that roots for the Burgundy and Gold does. But its not given you gotta take it.

Take It.

Sorry, But I'm total opposite from you on this. I'll take a guy who doesn't give up big plays and occasionally gets a pick or 2 instead of a corner that hits hard. - By the way, you wanna talk "playing soft?" -"And drops passes?" Lets talk Smoot. Can't catch a ball if it was handed to him, and plays 15-20 yards off the line of scrimmage because hes so afraid of getting beat downfield! Sorry, I'll take Hall ANYDAY!

Los has not gotten beaten as much as Hall since he came to the Skins last season.

Smoot is our #3 corner and he plays more physical than you are giving him credit for, I think most fans would agree with me on that but I have been wrong before.

turn it around in ATL? the last two years he was there he earned 2 probowl nods. He left AtL b/c of money not performance.

He was voted to the Pro Bowl because he had a lot of Int's and name recognition. He was beat a lot more times than he had Int's though. Why else were Falcons fans, and then Raiders fans cheering him being gone?

WTFO?

Art Monk's time was coming regardless of what we did. He earned that. Don't belittle that achievement by thinking the fans made it happen.

He did earn it, he was a tremendous player. I am in no way trying to belittle his accomplishment but I dont think he would have been voted in without the major push Skins fans gave those last couple years.

The fans didnt catch over 900 balls or walk with 3 Super Bowl rings but I think Monk was very appreciative of our support in his speech.

If you took my statement as some sort of dig at Monk or as trying to discredit his induction I am sorry. He should have been a first-ballot HOFer.

Besides that, whats wrong with being proud of the way Redskin fans responded to his snubs year after year. I am so proud he made it to Canton and even prouder I was there with him.

Archived