Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Sagarin's NFL Ratings - Week 1

Mark The Homer

Redskins have retained their position at #15 because, although they lost, they lost by less points than they were predicted to lose by, which was about 8.

Having to play the 4th ranked Giants at the Meadowlands, the Redskins are ranked as having played the 4th most difficult schedule in the league so far.

Rams are rated as the worst team in the league.

Redskins are favored by 12 on Sunday, according to Sagarin's system.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/sagarin/nfl09.htm

We should win by 12, but it'll be closer to 7, just because that's what we do.

I agree...but how nice would it be (even if just for a week) to have a nice, tidy blow out win against a bad team??

Maybe we can rise up and pound them like we did Detroit in 2007 or SF in 2005. Even if isolated, it would feel nice. Optimistically, it could give the coach and players enough confidence to be more aggressive on offense?

OK, back in reality, here's to hoping for 17-16 Skins!!

Of course this is based on strength of schedule and results. Shouldn't be surprised to see any team ranked above the Skins, but the Panthers are ranked above the Skins and man did they look horrible against Philly. I think Delhomme is done there and if that is the case they are in for a long season.

I agree...but how nice would it be (even if just for a week) to have a nice, tidy blow out win against a bad team??

Maybe we can rise up and pound them like we did Detroit in 2007 or SF in 2005. Even if isolated, it would feel nice. Optimistically, it could give the coach and players enough confidence to be more aggressive on offense?

OK, back in reality, here's to hoping for 17-16 Skins!!

The coaching and team is to conservative to allow this type of blowout to occur.

I hope they don't play down to the level of their opponent. For once I'd like to see the entire team play well and also see the redskins score more than 30 point for once.

You people are funny, this team is GARBAGE... Playing down to the Rams? We might get lucky and win.

It's hilarious to see this site talk down to teams like the Rams, call them a "bad team"..

Face it people, we're the bottom of the barrel, blame it on Snyder, Danny, Zorn, Campbell, Scheme, etc...

Year after year we find reasons we lost other then the obvious, we suck and what sets THE REDSKINS apart from GOOD franchises is simple... We find ways to lose while others find a way to win...

vegas has us at -10... I wouldn't touch it, impossible to predict this team in my opinion... I could see us winning by an FG, winning by 20, and losing...

Take the Rams and the points. Skins may win, but as far as point spreads go, i look closely at trends. And, sadly, the skins haven't won by plus ten points over anyone since late 2007 (and it's even longer if you factor in the last time a Jason Campbell-led team did it).

You people are funny, this team is GARBAGE... Playing down to the Rams? We might get lucky and win.

It's hilarious to see this site talk down to teams like the Rams, call them a "bad team"..

Face it people, we're the bottom of the barrel, blame it on Snyder, Danny, Zorn, Campbell, Scheme, etc...

Year after year we find reasons we lost other then the obvious, we suck and what sets THE REDSKINS apart from GOOD franchises is simple... We find ways to lose while others find a way to win...

Dude, would you chill? Check this same thread from a year ago after losing to the Giants by nine:

Redskins are ranked 15th. Saints are ranked 21st.

Sagarin's system thinks we're gonna win by six.

http://www.extremeskins.com/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=5516879

And what happened? We won the next four in a row.

Try to relax.

I believe how much we beat the Rams by, IF we beat them which we should, will gives us an idea of how far the offense has come. If it's still the same old same old of game-managing and playing not to lose, where the Rams have a chance late in the game, then the offense still has quite a ways to go. If we beat the Rams handily, like we should, then the offense is on a better track than it was last year.

Archived