Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Kobe ARRESTED for SEXUAL ASSAULT

OrangeSkin

Lets not all jump on anyone till we find out more, this includes the woman involved. Kobe was there to get a second opinion on his shoulder. Personally have a feeling this is all hoax, but we will see. Kobe isn't dumb enough to commit career suicide.

Can't you a$$holes and crybabies chill out? :rolleyes:

Honestly I was thinking skank too when you consider who doesnt know Kobe is married?

However that doesnt let him off the hook either and there are people in philly who dont feel for him because of the way he played his ex.

MJ had girls after him at MCI ( one blonde bombshell flashed him when I was a bullets game) and looking to score at his restaraunt Jordans with any one they thought had bank.

Heck some of you guys obviously havent been around females here in DC area huh?

Even the married guys who arent athletes have to deal with agressive women pursuing them

Career suicide?

Heck this may get him street cred and help sell shoes :rolleyes:

"sexual assualt" isn't that the legal word that replaced "rape"?

I have seen both sides of this coin (and heard first person accounts of many more)

Ricky Watters at Notre Dame got away with more than a few of these.

I am sure there is much more to be learned. I was just thinking how crazy it is to tip-toe so closely to people and places that can just crush your world

Kobe Bryant is smarter than this, and I too thought golddigging skank when I read about the arrest but it was just my first thought and then I realized that perhaps it really did happen but then I thought to myself why in the f*cking world would Kobe do something so stupid.

I can't believe that moron thinks OJ's reputation was hurt by false accusations. Matt, you've just proven one thing: you're the dumbest person on Earth.

False accusations, my boy, false accusations. I don't think anyone has a problem with someone's reputation being ruined by true accusations.

Anyone who casts aspersions on the character of some woman they don't know is an ass-hole. Period. Call me what you want, but that's what you are. Gbear is absolutely right: any woman who gets raped by a famous person, athletes included, gets called a golddigger or skank or worse, and that's before any of the facts come out, and you guys feel sorry for the athlete?

What about her reputation, ass-holes? How do you think she feels right now? Around the country people like you are calling her names for having the courage to call the cops.

You guys think I'm being harsh by calling you ass-holes? You're getting off easy.

All of this is true whether or not her story is true. Even if she turns out to be the worst golddigger ever, you're still ass-holes for trashing her before you know one fact. Navydave, of course there are lots of women chasing athletes. That doesn't mean that none of them were ever raped.

I'll say one last thing and then shut up about this: some of you guys (or people like you) said exactly the same things when Mike Tyson's accuser first came forward, and everyone knew he was a thug. The fact that Kobe has a squeaky-clean reputation shouldn't mean he's above the law. Right now he's innocent until proven guilty, and right now she's believable, or the cops wouldn't have pressed charges. Speculate if you want, but you know nothing.

Guest Matt Kyriacou

Even Madder - Hey d!ckhead....I make the point about OJ for but one reason.

You don't get to pick and choose guilt and innocence. It is determined by the system in place. OJ Simpson was acquitted by a jury of his peers. Regardless of the fact that I believe him to be guilty, he was acquitted. What happens when Kobe is acquitted? Do you come back with these lame ass statements about him being guilty of true accusations when he has gone through the justice system and been acquitted?

You can't have it both ways.

My main point is that regardless of the outcome, this will be a hit to his reputation. I can't believe that a "moron" such as you is so ready to believe the accuser while placing absolutely no weight on the damage that is done to the man's reputation when a charge like this is brought to bear. Unsubstantiated or not.

The B*tch is an F'ing SKANK!!!

Seriously, I am all for innocent until prove guilty but something about this just doesn't jive with me. Kobe has no record whatsoever and married men usually don't rape. He doesn't fit the profile of the common rapist. So, why would he need to rape someone? He could get any woman he wanted. Has anyone ever seen his wife? She is Effing AWESOME!!

EM

Thats the point everyone knew tyson was/is a thug and what blackwoman in her right mind would go to a guy's hotel room at 3 AM?

What to play scrabble?

13 yr old girls know better than that.

And women who agressively pursue married athletes bring it on themselves which is why I applaud NBA wives like Mrs Christie who keep hubby on a tight leash and women very far away.

Late to the fun.

Couple of points here. EM, what's the woman's name? I haven't seen it. Where is it? It's been published right? Repeatedly? Over and over? Yes or no? I'm guessing the answer is no. Why? Because the system protects the person making charges while revealing the person who the charges were made against.

Remember the Jerome Bettis situation in which the woman made the charges that proved completely baseless and the story surrounding it makes you want that woman beaten to a bloody pulp? Well, the advantage she had was her name didn't come out initially. Her reputation was never called into question as Bryant's is now, or as any person accused is.

The alleged victim is left relatively unharmed. So, unless I missed my guess -- and I MAY have missed my guess -- the "skank" here is a hypothetical woman, unnamed and who's not had her reputation impuned. I agree with you that no one here knows the facts of the case.

But in many of these cases the fact of the case supports a skank assessment in the end :)

Even so, I think while you are certainly not in the wrong here to have such a strong belief on this situation, and I don't think you necessarily crossed the line in general, you DID cross the line in this way. You started calling people names. They responded, and you played the, "They can call me anything they want," which itself is fine. Where you crossed the line is adding the thought that somehow they are safe behind their keyboards as if face to face they wouldn't be safe.

That is the type of sentiment that won't be tolerated. A little cursing back and forth doesn't bother anyone really. Just try not to play the, "you're lucky I'm not in the same room with you," card that gets played from time to time, generally by guys all to glad they aren't face to face :).

Otherwise, have at it my friend.

You don't get to pick and choose guilt and innocence. It is determined by the system in place. OJ Simpson was acquitted by a jury of his peers. Regardless of the fact that I believe him to be guilty, he was acquitted. What happens when Kobe is acquitted? Do you come back with these lame ass statements about him being guilty of true accusations when he has gone through the justice system and been acquitted?

Are you serious? OJ found liable in a civil court. The fact that he bought his way out of jail, kinda like Iverson did with those weapons charges, doesn't make him a saint.

If the chick is lying about Kobe, then she's a skank. Until then, eveyone one of you who calls her a skank is an ass-hole.

The B*tch is an F'ing SKANK!!! Seriously, I am all for innocent until prove guilty but something about this just doesn't jive with me. Kobe has no record whatsoever and married men usually don't rape. QUOTE]

I can only believe that guys like you are in prison or something. Don't you have a girlfriend or a sister or a mother? Kobe Bryant is not Mother Theresa -- he's been a standup guy and a great role model in his career so far, but he's still a man. He's innocent until proven guilty, but anyone who says "the ***** is a ****ing skank" is some kind of loser. Do you think the police and prosecutor just want to pick on one of the world's most famous athletes? They know the kind of firestorm they'll start -- they wouldn't dare bring charges against him unless they had a pretty solid case. I'm not saying he did it -- I'm just saying this can't be some crazy chick who walked into the police station crying "Kobe raped me!" There must be some evidence to support her claim.

Ok, let me get this straight.

It's ok for you, Even Madder, to call people names without knowing them. But it's NOT ok for anyone else to call people names w/o knowing them.

...help me out on this one...

As far as this story is concerned. It is kind of hard to believe. Unless his was piss drunk or something. Or the drugs from the surgury hadn't worn off yet. Kobe is in the media spotlight all the time, he knows the power of the media. He knows anything wrong he does, could mess his career up.

I'm surprised the woman hasn't accused him of offering hush money........

Nobody said believe the accuser. We said don't make the assumption she is guilty of being a gold diggin, skank lier without some knowledge of the situation. The wife defense above is interesting. Since she came forward the next day (hopefully without showering though that is usually a first desire), there should be DNA evidence. I suspect that is what the prosecutor will wait for (the results).

Have you ever seen somebody you know go through the process of going ot the police about a rape? If it happened recently (as in this case), you get to go to the hospital for a physical exam. It's evidently not the most pleasant experience. Then you get the joy of people like those on the board calling you names and assuming "you must have wanted it becasue he's a sports star with money." After a few months of this (if you are lucky it's only a few months), you finally get the pleasure of testifying. I've seen that be both a relief and terrifying. Meanwhile a group of jurrors decides whether in the governments eyes anything was done to you. For better or worse, it's hard to prove rape. You get to fear that what was done ot you will happen to someone else because you couldn't prevent it. More powerlessness

After the trial, you get the joy of frequent STD tests during which you wonder if the **** will end up killing you or altering your physical relationship to a loved one. Of course, the real mind $hit is just beginning. Try suffering and trying to go through it while telling as few people as possible because it changes how people act around you. And that part goes on for years. Then you get the joy of your interaction with people, especially loved ones.

Yeah, you're right. It's Kobe that suffers. Seriously, the whole process of coming forward to the police is not a process undertaken lightly nor should it be trivialized. It doesn't rule out gold digger by any means, but consider this: she went to the police and they arrested him. If nothing else, the prosecutor thought there might be enough to see if anyone else steps forward. Hence the arrest and media coverage. It's still a wait and see time.

I do get the impression that those on this board who come right and say skank, gold digger with no more inof that what was in that article have never gone through that with a loved one. I hope you never do.

Guest Matt Kyriacou
Originally posted by Even Madder

Are you serious? OJ found liable in a civil court. The fact that he bought his way out of jail, kinda like Iverson did with those weapons charges, doesn't make him a saint.

I am well aware that OJ was found liable in civil court where the requirements of a ruling against him are much more lenient. How did he buy his way out of jail though? Yes, he had a high-priced legal team. Did he give money to Judge Ito? Jurors? He was acquitted.

Acquitted.

What makes him guilty of "true accusations"?

Only that you believe the accusations. Hell, I believe the accusations too. But in the country that we live in this is the system that we have to deal with. Regardless of whether either of us believes in his guilt or innocence, he IS innocent because those jurors said so. His life will never be the same, guilty or innocent, because of his association with those charges.

Kobe is in much the same situation. People will not forget.

Let me ask you this EM, how many celebrities can you name that have been charged with crimes such as these but had the cases dropped or were acquitted? Just the fact that you remember the allegations has caused you to view them in a different light.

Originally posted by gbear

Gee, I wonder why it's tough for rape victems to come forward.

Just keep in mind that rape isn't that uncommon. Somebody you know and probably a few someones if you are like me. So before you go calling them skanks, gold diggers ect., keep in mind that you could just as easily be describing you mom, sister, or friend.

Now maybe the woman lied in this case. But either way she has months of verbal abuse from jerks who know nothing about what happened to look forward to. Kobe will have publisists call her a gold digger, slut, ect. Wait, you guys are already taking care of that.

Seriously, did you ever wonder why so few women come forth after a rape? I suggest you need read no further than this thread. It's not like she could prove it today. So why don't we all follow the inocent until proven guilty for both her and Kobe.

You make excellent points. It is very hard anyway for rape victims to come forward, even without the verbal abuse from insensitive people. But, on a different topic, what kind of penalties or consequences do women who falsely accuse men, especially celebrity men of rape, sexual assault, etc... face? After all, a woman who does falsely accuse someone of these things usually faces no repercussion or judgement, after they've thrown dirt on a persons name, which can never be removed.

A professional athlete can be alone a the room with the wrong woman, without doing anything, and he could be faced with paying hundreds of thousands of dollars as well as the deterioration of his character in the public eye.

Kobe's predicament is exactly why I don't get jealous of these super-star athletes making millions of dollars. I have a good wife, good 13 month old son, good job, good health, good dog and an improving relationship with God. These guys can have their big sneaker contracts.

Rellim,

I've only seen one case where I know this happened, and that was in my senior year of college. she was pregnant and needed a story for the parents. She eventually confessed to having made it all up. When I graduated the guy was considering civil court and the college was considering throwing her out. I don't know what became of the case.

Is that even? I don' think so considering what the guy went through.

In this case (kobe) I doubt the woman in question could pay the monetary damages to his reputation.

All the more reason to refrain from voicing opinons until more is known. I'd guess they got DNA samples from her, and with the high publicity I'd think those preliminary results shouldn't be too long coming even with the holiday. If she was never even with him, this stuff will go away quickly.

Originally posted by gbear

Rellim,

I've only seen one case where I know this happened, and that was in my senior year of college. she was pregnant and needed a story for the parents. She eventually confessed to having made it all up. When I graduated the guy was considering civil court and the college was considering throwing her out. I don't know what became of the case.

Is that even? I don' think so considering what the guy went through.

In this case (kobe) I doubt the woman in question could pay the monetary damages to his reputation.

All the more reason to refrain from voicing opinons until more is known. I'd guess they got DNA samples from her, and with the high publicity I'd think those preliminary results shouldn't be too long coming even with the holiday. If she was never even with him, this stuff will go away quickly.

I also saw a segment of a program years ago. I believe it was 60 minutes (I could be wrong) that showed that Desiree Washington, the woman who accused Mike Tyson of rape, accused a guy of raping her in high school, and later admitted that she'd lied.

Monetary compensation is not a realistic solution. Jail time would be a better solution in order to reform women who do these kinds of things. After all, if an athlete is convicted of rape, or sexual assault, he would probably be facing jail time.

I read in one of the articles posted about Kobe Bryants case that in Eagle County, Colorado, felony sexual assault ranges from sexual touching all the way down to actual rape.

One of the teachers at the annual NFL rookie orientation spoke of some of the things that players face from some women on the HBO Hard Knocks series last year. He'd said he'd know a player who went into a room alone with a woman. She then asked for money and threatened to say he assaulted her if he didn't pay up.

If Kobe is guilty, he deserves punishment. Even if he's not guilty he will still endure a certain degree of punishment.

Archived