Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NFL.com: Bills remove offensive coordinator Schonert

Zhouse

Another one bites the dust.

Bye Bye no-huddle offense!

Bills coach Dick Jauron decided to remove offensive coordinator Turk Schonert on Friday morning, according to a league source.

Jauron informed his staff that he wasn’t getting what he wanted in terms of pace and being quick with the team’s no-huddle offense. He felt there was limited movement and formations with the scheme. Quarterbacks coach Alex Van Pelt will now call plays while running backs coach Eric Studesville is still the run game coordinator.

Schonert is the third offensive coordinator to be relieved of his duties in the past week. As one source put it “seems to be a copycat league for sure.”

http://blogs.nfl.com/2009/09/04/bills-remove-offensive-coordinator-schonert/

This is getting ridiculous now. Why hire a guy if you're not even willing to give them one regular season game to prove themselves?

Well, look at the teams that have done it. If you had to guess at what teams would be most likely to do something like that, you would have to include those three in the conversation.

This is getting ridiculous now. Why hire a guy if you're not even willing to give them one regular season game to prove themselves?

Schonert was their offensive coordinator last year as well. Bills fans are close to anarchy, the Bills had to do something to avoid a mutiny, so they did. Jauron's job is next anyways, so he's just making moves to try to buy himself some time.

One would think that giving a coordinator an entire season to try to make something happen makes more sense than bringing in someone new a week before the season starts. Even if the coordinator wasnt doing a good job, something may click eventually. Look at Spagnuolo and the Giants in 07. Their defense looked terrible the first 2 weeks. We all know how that ended. Teams that are doing this are pretty much throwing in the towel before the season even starts

haha. I bet T.O. is loving this. I smell blow up in the face of Mr. Trent Edwards by week 3

Actually, I'm sure TO is loving this. Alex Van Pelt is a former Bills QB. As a QB, my guess would be that his tendency is going to throw the ball a bit more downfield. That benefits TO. Schonert had been dinking and dunking the Bills into a laughing stock.

Actually, I'm sure TO is loving this. Alex Van Pelt is a former Bills QB. As a QB, my guess would be that his tendency is going to throw the ball a bit more downfield. That benefits TO. Schonert had been dinking and dunking the Bills into a laughing stock.
I thought I had recognized that name somewhere... Wasn't he replaced by Drew Bledsoe at some point?

Back to the OP... Woah. Another team? What the hell is going on? I still say we should follow the trend and can Stan Hixon.

Hmmm..."Can Stan"...that's got some marketability!

Archived