Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Cp goes on John Riggins

21forlyfe

riggins is an ass. theres no reason to constantly bash portis like he does, unless hes just upset that portis is gonna break all his records. b mitch is the same way, all they do is dog the guy, and make excuses for everyone else on the team. imagine how thats gotta feel. the one guy who produces year in and year out and gives 110% of his body on that field, doing whatever is asked of him, and he gets crapped on all day long.

and because riggo is a legend everyone is gonna hate on portis. complete nonsense. but its ok for riggo to constantly slam our best player into the ground.

co-sign

I'm surprised it took CP this long to say something. Kudos for him Legend or not Riggins ALWAYS has something negative to say about CP. Considering he was no boy scout himself;) on the old Redskins teams either you would think he would step off his soapbox. In case Riggins and hating ass Brian " I LOVE Ladell Betts" Mitchell have forgotten it's 2009 not 1999 nor 1985.What the Redskin teams of their days were have looooong passed. Undeniably Clinton Portis has been the most consistent link to our offense..without him we would have been bottom of the league dwellers ie, Detroit,Cleveland every fricking year.

What's sad is that CP isn't apperciated as much as he should be for all he does week in and week out. I hope that he breaks JR's record and wins a superbowl ring or two:logo:.

that is speculation... please present the facts

If that's specualtion then so is this, it a fact he will have those numbers if he gains that many yard, but it's not set in stone that he will get there:

if he has three more 1200+ yard seasons he will have 12,802 yards,

IF his body holds up and IF he gains that many yards the FACT is nothing will predict whether he makes the HOF because it's not up to numbers, it's up to people and those people hardly let Art Monk in. Take that for what it's worth.

Riggins is a legend. Portis = TO. Who cares what CP says. He should shut up, play ball and do his talking on the field. He should also stop comparing his o-line to others. I bet they just walk away on his first TD again this year. It would be nice to unload CP while he still has some value and roster Mason.

:stfu:

riggins is an ass. theres no reason to constantly bash portis like he does, unless hes just upset that portis is gonna break all his records. b mitch is the same way, all they do is dog the guy, and make excuses for everyone else on the team. imagine how thats gotta feel. the one guy who produces year in and year out and gives 110% of his body on that field, doing whatever is asked of him, and he gets crapped on all day long.

and because riggo is a legend everyone is gonna hate on portis. complete nonsense. but its ok for riggo to constantly slam our best player into the ground.

Mithell going off on CP is absolutely absurd. With all due respect to Mitchell, all he was was a fantastic KR/PR and glorified 3rd down back. CP is 10x's the back that Mitcell ver was. Riggins had a completely different style than CP and both are/were very talented.

it boils down to riggins was allowed to be a drunk crybaby idiot back in the day because we had a juggernaut of a football team.

imagine riggins now, sitting out an entire year cause of his salary, or showing up events or practices drunk, this board would actually explode over the concern. but when youre winning superbowls, that stuff becomes cute.

no one had any problem with portis' outfits back in 05, cause we were winning games and scoring points. then we go back into the cellar, and portis is a "headache".

riggins should spend more time bashing the guys that dont produce rather than slamming the one guy who is pretty much the face of this team.

If that's specualtion then so is this, it a fact he will have those numbers if he gains that many yard, but it's not set in stone that he will get there:

IF his body holds up and IF he gains that many yards the FACT is nothing will predict whether he makes the HOF because it's not up to numbers, it's up to people and those people hardly let Art Monk in. Take that for what it's worth.

nope... you said his body WILL break down... that is speculation.... i never said he WILL get those yards

nope... you said his body WILL break down... that is speculation.... i never said he WILL get those yards

I'm not the one who said it actually. The point stands, at this point one can only speculate at what the remainder of his career will bring. And even IF he get's those numbers, it doesn't mean he will make the HOF.

I'm not the one who said it actually. The point stands, at this point one can only speculate at what the remainder of his career will bring. And even IF he get's those numbers, it doesn't mean he will make the HOF.

i can agree with that... some fool like peter king would make sure he didn't get in... if he has a ring i'm positive he will be in serious contention after he gets his yards this coming season

it really is a shame we can't appreciate both of these guys for the great backs that the were/are.

it sucks they have pitted themselves against each other and now have the fans pitted against each other as well.

its lame

well said... CP is the better back... but riggo has a ring... BOTH are critically important to the legacy of this franchise

he also lived in a storage facility in Chantilly but he has one thing that Portis will never have...a Super Bowl Ring

So way to settle on mediocracy...:doh:

Yeah and so does Timmy Smith.

Has nothing to do with who is the better player.

The Super Bowl argument is nothing but a strawman and has nothing to do with who the better player is.

Riggins had a better team around him, period.

Oh and the most important person on those teams was Joe Theismann.

No Theismann, no Super Bowls and likely no playoffs.

it boils down to riggins was allowed to be a drunk crybaby idiot back in the day because we had a juggernaut of a football team.

imagine riggins now, sitting out an entire year cause of his salary, or showing up events or practices drunk, this board would actually explode over the concern. but when youre winning superbowls, that stuff becomes cute.

no one had any problem with portis' outfits back in 05, cause we were winning games and scoring points. then we go back into the cellar, and portis is a "headache".

riggins should spend more time bashing the guys that dont produce rather than slamming the one guy who is pretty much the face of this team.

Here, Here:applause:

Everyone forgets how much of an headache the dude was while he was playing. You hit the nail on the head. It's cute now after the fact and after a few Superbowls. Let him be a player today you guys would be ready to unload him for a would be prospect.

Showing up drunk to practice? Showing up drunk to games? Holding out most of the season? Sounds like another Adam "Pacman'" Jones or Mr. "I haven't made a catch yet" Michael Crabtree type player. The rules were lax then compared to now.

Don't get me wrong I love me some Riggo....but to put Portis's comments in prospective. We saw what caliber of players he had around him. Many have been elected to the HOF. Others still maintain a great deal of respect even without the Hall. This team is young and really hasn't had the chance to gel in the same system in order to really determine how good they are or really could be. It wasn't a slam on his current line or teammates. It was a realization that Yes! Right now he had better players around him compared CP. Who on our team is comparable to any of those guys then?

Yeah and so does Timmy Smith.

Has nothing to do with who is the better player.

The Super Bowl argument is nothing but a strawman and has nothing to do with who the better player is.

Riggins had a better team around him, period.

Oh and the most important person on those teams was Joe Theismann.

No Theismann, no Super Bowls and likely no playoffs.

Screw Theismann. He threw the Super Bowl game against the Raiders. He is nothing.

Here, Here:applause:

Everyone forgets how much of an headache the dude was while he was playing. You hit the nail on the head. It's cute now after the fact and after a few Superbowls. Let him be a player today you guys would be ready to unload him for a would be prospect.

Showing up drunk to practice? Showing up drunk to games? Holding out most of the season? Sounds like another Adam "Pacman'" Jones or Mr. "I haven't made a catch yet" Michael Crabtree type player. The rules were lax then compared to now.

Don't get me wrong I love me some Riggo....but to put Portis's comments in prospective. We saw what caliber of players he had around him. Many have been elected to the HOF. Others still maintain a great deal of respect even without the Hall. This team is young and really hasn't had the chance to gel in the same system in order to really determine how good they are or really could be. It wasn't a slam on his current line or teammates. It was a realization that Yes! Right now he had better players around him compared CP. Who on our team is comparable to any of those guys then?

chris samuels.... and MAYBE, MAYBE chris cooley

chris samuels.... and MAYBE, MAYBE chris cooley

does portis have a "distracting blog" or ever pull out his junk on the internet? let me know.

portis just defends himself from BS shots that our local media takes at him. all the people here who are diehards for gibbs, im pretty sure lavar even said today on the radio that when lavar called out gibbs that portis was the first guy backing gibbs and basically telling lavar to **** off.

but riggo the local drunk idiot with the SB ring can say whatever he wants and thats somehow ok. its truly a shame that riggo is such a clown and cant embrace CP when he does (and he will) break all his records.

I really don't know why CP gets hated on. Sure he speaks his mind, but have you EVER seen the guy not give it his all on the field? He blows up blitzers like nobody else, takes great pride in something that takes its toll on your body, yet doesn't show up on his stats. Show me how many elite RBs pass block like CP.

it really is a shame we can't appreciate both of these guys for the great backs that the were/are.

it sucks they have pitted themselves against each other and now have the fans pitted against each other as well.

its lame

Well said. All I hear is "My generations RB is better then your generations RB".

STFU!!!

does portis have a "distracting blog" or ever pull out his junk on the internet? let me know.

portis just defends himself from BS shots that our local media takes at him. all the people here who are diehards for gibbs, im pretty sure lavar even said today on the radio that when lavar called out gibbs that portis was the first guy backing gibbs and basically telling lavar to **** off.

but riggo the local drunk idiot with the SB ring can say whatever he wants and thats somehow ok. its truly a shame that riggo is such a clown and cant embrace CP when he does (and he will) break all his records.

i know it... it's definitely a double standard.... i think portis will go down as one of the greatest backs of all time.... HOF or not....

but if he gets a ring it'll be a given

Don't get me wrong I love me some Riggo....but to put Portis's comments in prospective. We saw what caliber of players he had around him. Many have been elected to the HOF.

Exactly who around him was elected to the HOF? No one from the Hogs is in the HOF, except Riggins himself. The only ones from the Riggins era that are in are Green, Monk, and Gibbs.

I like both Riggins and Portis and see many similarities in their personalities. Both of them provide the spark that gets the team going. Most times, if one of them had a bad game, the team had a bad game and when they have a good game, the team has a good game.

The big problem I see around here is Portis "tells it like it is", but, Riggins is "just a hater". Maybe Riggins is just calling it like he sees it too and maybe Portis is the hater? Many people have different views of the events around them. What happened between them that caused this "feud"? Many people say it is CP breaking Riggins record, but, it could be and probably is more than just that.

Like the old saying goes "There are always 3 sides to the story... Yours, mine, and the truth'.

Archived