Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Cp goes on John Riggins

21forlyfe

. . . you clearly do not watch Portis play or you wouldn't have made that ridiculously innacurate and stupid post. Portis ALWAYS plays ball, he ALWAYS plays hard, and he deserves to be treated with respect.

Plus if you don't like his characters from way back when, then you're probably better off trying to find a sense of humor on craigslist than wasting time on a football team. :silly:

He needs to keep his mouth shut....maybe then he'd get some respect. Do you see LT, Adrian Peterson, Walter Payton, Terrell Davis, Emmitt Smith dressing up like an idiot every week? Nope.

. . . you clearly do not watch Portis play or you wouldn't have made that ridiculously innacurate and stupid post. Portis ALWAYS plays ball, he ALWAYS plays hard, and he deserves to be treated with respect.

Plus if you don't like his characters from way back when, then you're probably better off trying to find a sense of humor on craigslist than wasting time on a football team. :silly:

QFT!!!

BAFGA, please go buy yourself a sense of humor... Ill donate to the fund.

He needs to keep his mouth shut....maybe then he'd get some respect. Do you see LT, Adrian Peterson, Walter Payton, Terrell Davis, Emmitt Smith dressing up like an idiot every week? Nope.

cause hes a goofy guy he gets no respect? i guess being a drunk idiot and making a spectacle of yourself is what garners respect? cause riggins would never do someth.....oh wait.

all these people trying to get respect for Riggins on here, you are wasting your time.

Last monday i tried defending John Riggins, and was called racist names, and then subsequently banned.

All for defending a guy who was a team player and won a superbowl ring. To the majority of this board, unfortunatley, Riggins is viewed as garbage compared to the mighty Clinton Portis.

cause hes a goofy guy he gets no respect? i guess being a drunk idiot and making a spectacle of yourself is what garners respect? cause riggins would never do someth.....oh wait.

Riggins never called out his coach. He sat out the season that one time, but coach Joe, a man Riggo respected, got him in camp.

Riggins never called out radio hosts.

Riggins never called out Sammy Baugh, Larry Brown, or other great Redskins before him.

But, being a young guy, I guess calling out people is OK with you, I guess.

Riggins never called out his coach. He sat out the season that one time, but coach Joe, a man Riggo respected, got him in camp.

Riggins never called out radio hosts.

Riggins never called out Sammy Baugh, Larry Brown, or other great Redskins before him.

But, being a young guy, I guess that's OK with you, I guess.

riggo walked out on his team over money

riggo was a drunk clown

but, being an older guy, i guess that was ok with you (cause we were winning).

Might as well change your handle to "HYPERBOLE" with that one, eh?

Portis dressed up for six weeks in his five seasons here, most of which were for a playoff run that the team said helped their morale.

Yeah, morale boosts and carrying the offense on your shoulders are KILLER to a team.

I won't knock Riggins at all, even if he did some questionable stuff, but treat our second-best all-time rusher with some respect, because he's done nothing in his tenure here but deserve it.

riggo walked out on his team over money

riggo was a drunk clown

but, being an older guy, i guess that was ok with you (cause we were winning).

did he ever call out the guy who's record he broke? Nope.

Did he call out his coach on a TV or on a radio show? Nope.

Did he ever get into a fight on a radio show with a host? Nope.

Respect John Riggins and don't try to break him down to make your guy look better.

What has he done since he's been here?

Need I go on?

yes, please... the man is about to be the redskins all time leading rusher and is already being talked about in potential hall of fame discussions.... tell me one player who has done anything CLOSE to what CP has done for us....

yes, please... the man is about to be the redskins all time leading rusher and is already being talked about in potential hall of fame discussions.... tell me one player who has done anything CLOSE to what CP has done for us....

Are you talking about guys on the current roster or all time? Don't say all time, because the list will be too long for ES to handle.

Hall of fame for Portis??? Unless he gets a SB ring he won't even sniff it.

he also lived in a storage facility in Chantilly but he has one thing that Portis will never have...a Super Bowl Ring

So way to settle on mediocracy...:doh:

i forgot that riggo was the only reason we won a superbowl... forget the rest of the team!!!

and what a great way to feel about our team... i guess you're saying we are so far off from a run at the superbowl it's not even worth playing? you can't tell me we couldn't do something like what the cardinals did last year if we stay healthy....

did he ever call out the guy who's record he broke? Nope.

Did he call out his coach on a TV or on a radio show? Nope.

Did he ever get into a fight on a radio show with a host? Nope.

Respect John Riggins and don't try to break him down to make your guy look better.

Did he diss me and try to shove me when I very politely and quietly asked him for an autograph without getting in his face or impeding his path while in Detroit for the Super Bowl? Yes, and he really had no need to be a jerk about it.

I love the man for what he did, but Riggins is an outright ass. CP is well within line.

Riggins is a legend. Portis = TO. Who cares what CP says. He should shut up, play ball and do his talking on the field. He should also stop comparing his o-line to others. I bet they just walk away on his first TD again this year. It would be nice to unload CP while he still has some value and roster Mason.

Hall of fame for Portis??? Unless he gets a SB ring he won't even sniff it.

umm... why not? there's no way to predict how long he will be with this team or in this league... if he keeps putting up 1200+ each year his numbers will be outrageous... even without a ring

umm... why not? there's no way to predict how long he will be with this team or in this league... if he keeps putting up 1200+ each year his numbers will be outrageous... even without a ring

Larry Brown was as good as Portis and he never sniffed the HOF.

right now he has: 9202 yards @ 4.5 ypc

if he has three more 1200+ yard seasons he will have 12,802 yards, which puts him within 400 yards of eric dickerson who made the freaking HOF

tell me he can't do that.

right now he has: 9202 yards @ 4.5 ypc

if he has three more 1200+ yard seasons he will have 12,802 yards, which puts him within 400 yards of eric dickerson who made the freaking HOF

tell me he can't do that.

His body will break down before he gets that. The Gibbs years have shortened his career considerably. LT is starting to break down and he has only been in the league one year longer than Portis.

that is speculation... please present the facts

but don't get me wrong... i'm not saying he hasn't had his injury problems in the past... but if he can put together 3-4 more seasons like he has had his numbers will be HOF worthy... superbowl or no superbowl

Riggins is a legend. Portis = TO. Who cares what CP says. He should shut up, play ball and do his talking on the field. He should also stop comparing his o-line to others. I bet they just walk away on his first TD again this year. It would be nice to unload CP while he still has some value and roster Mason.

:doh:, just, :doh:.

Wow.

Archived