Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The "Audi Club" (FedEx Field)

Stugein

So I attend the game Friday night. Good times. Question though - what the hell is the "Audi Club" supposed to be?

I get up to Club level and everything is cool. Everything looks fine. I check out the new bars they've put in. Great. I'm walking along and when I get to my section of the concourse (Sec331) and it's looking like somebody's unfinished basement. The floors are stripped to the concrete and the walls are down to drywall. All the decor is down, all the TV screens are missing. It looks under construction. I ask a couple of nearby staff members what it going on and nobody really has a clue. Eventually I notice a sign that says something along the lines of "Please excuse the appearance - The Audi Club, Coming September 2009".

Does anyone have any clue what this is supposed to be? Obviously it's some Audi Auto Corp marketing partnership, but is this going to be something that makes our section of the concourse crowded and annoying or is it going to be something cool? Hoping it's not something that just generates crowds.

Oh and there better still be seats and TVs when they are done. :mad:

is this going to be something that makes our section of the concourse crowded and annoying or is it going to be something cool?

It's been my experience that if it's something cool, then it will be something that makes your section of the concourse crowded and annoying.

I think TheLongShot above has got it. This might be one of the answers to filling empty seats in the club. Since the Yankees stadium Audi club includes a panoramic view of the field, maybe it's possible this Audi club will include same and will extend into the seating area?

Interestingly, the Redskins Twackle page is presented by Audi. I wonder if there is some sort of connection.

http://www.redskinstwackle.com/

Hey guys, I have club seats in 332, and I remember my ticket rep telling me about the new Audi Club. I don't remember much about it, other than it will totally be completed by the home opener. I just emailed him for specifics, and will post whatever I find out after hearing from him.

I do remember him saying it's a new marketing agreement with Audi. I am sure that includes the Redskins Twackle that MTH was referring to.

Guys...here is the reply I received back from my premium ticket rep.

"Essentially they are just changing the layout and design of that

endzone. As you could see they opened it up and there will be move tv's

and more seating for fans to enjoy before, during, and after the game.

The idea wasn't to be some sort of exclusive club (as has been

communicated to me) but rather just a name of the area Audi club.

The area used to be sponsored by Lexus ("Lexus Club") and then sponsored

by ESPN (that sponsorship moved to the other endzone). As far as I know,

Audi came in for the sponsor and we worked to redesign the whole space

with them.

Wish I had pictures for everyone but I guess we'll all find out on the

20th!!!

Sorry for the lack of information, hope that it helps a little."

Finally!

An elite and exclusive club where premium members can keep away from the riff-raff of the common premium seat holders.

Imagine paying $500 a seat for a zone A club contract you signed in 2008 only to learn that a portion of the 300 level is no longer accessable to you in 2009.

Yeah, what SkinsFanInTennessee is saying makes sense. If I recall correctly, the area they were remodeling is near the area where they used to have the various sports stations do their pre- or post-game shows.

It'll be interesting to see how it turns out. They did a nice job with the recarpeting and addition of TVs throughout the club level; however, I still think more can be done, including the addition of better dining options up there.

Archived