Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Ok, I'll Put it Out There! THE KEY to Our Season is Simple...

Diehard Otis

I hate to use a movie analogy, but they seem like they are stuck in Rocky 3, they lose their edge and need outside forces at times to keep their edge. Better teams don't have issues with that, they seem to take every week seriously and stay on edge.

So they basically need an Apollo Creed to get back that .. Eye of the Tiger.

sorry.

So they basically need an Apollo Creed to get back that .. Eye of the Tiger.

sorry.

Ha, yeah, you are making me want to put on the soundtrack, just kidding. Yeah one of the columns from the WP said something similar after the Steelers game, there seems to be something off IMO with this team's psyche.

Gibbs liked to say the mark of a winner is how they deal with failure and success. This team handles failure well and bounces back, they don't IMO handle success well all the time.

I honestly think the key to our season is Red Zone and Third Downs on both offense and defense. Those are areas that hurt us last year and areas we need to be efficient to be successful. The other things like sacks, turnovers, passing yards, big plays, etc are nice highlight reels, but they don't produce victories like redzone and third down efficiency do. If we can do well in those areas, then I think we can have 11 or 12 win season.

I think one of the biggest keys this year will be maintaining momentum. It seems like over the past several years that every time we make a big play like an interception on defense or complete a long pass on offense, we follow it up by going 3 and out, or by missing a field goal. Penalties have also killed our momentum at times. We've got to keep those drives alive and let the momentum work in our favor.

Good thread MD2, and agree with every bit of it. We should be stomping teams like the Rams and Lions, not barely getting by or even getting beat. Although good QB play is necessary, the rest of this team needs to be consistent each and every week.

When this happens, we know that we have taken that next step that we needed to be the new Big Dawg in this division. This can very well be the year this happens, our core group of players brought in by Joe Gibbs have been here 4-5 years now, and that's the usual time a team will gel together. I look forward to a very special season.

Archived