Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Ok, I'll Put it Out There! THE KEY to Our Season is Simple...

Diehard Otis

It ain't the play of the QB (although that's huge!), or the injuries (always a season maker/breaker), the penalties (that must be mitigated), the turnovers (+8 & we're straight!), or even the schedule (way more important than is conventionally recognized). THE KEY FACTOR towards determining the success of the Washington Redskins for this upcoming football season is quite simple: CONSISTENCY!

Of course the aforementioned factors weigh heavily on any team's success, but we know our achillies heel faaaaar too well, don't we? How elated were you when beat dallas in irving & turned around and beat philly in the link? C'mon, give it up, we were the talk of the league at the time! And then we bend over AT HOME for the hapless rams??? And then don't even bother to show in cincinnati?????? With everything on the line we fold like amatuer card players! In that scenario? Mark my words, losing in detroit, or to the rams for the 2nd year in a row will be the harbinger of doom!

Look, I know all about "any given sunday" & certainly respect the axiom, cause its true. But in order for the Washington program to take that fateful yet elusive next step, we gotta beat the teams we are supposed to beat. Plain & simple. Our division is too tough, our schedule's a bear in the 2nd half, & this team is simply too veteran & too talented to lose to a st. louis team at home this time. Heads will surely roll if that happens!

Lastly, I know this ain't college football, so I don't care if we beat teams like the raiders by 2 or 22, but beat them we must! The iggles & gints don't drop those kinda games consistently. I hate 'em both, but the truth is they handle their biz. Now if we're gonna be that new sherrif in town, we'd do well to start handling ours. Comments & criticism is certainly welcome...

That was hard to read, but I agree with you. The importance of the QB position is way over-rated around here. Big deal? Yes. But it can be mitigated by the play of the other players as a group. That goes for stellar QB play or terrible play. Think of it like the President: sure, he has more power than any given member of Congress; but he can't do diddly if Congress gets together to block his initiatives.

We will live and die by the health of our offensive line. When/if the starters go down we'll be screwed because we've got nothing behind them. Also Suisham has to make his kicks this year. He screwed us over so many times last year, 10 misses is just unacceptable. If you give us a mostly healthy season from the OL this year, and Suisham has a good season (say missing 3 FGs at most) and we get status quo from last year from everyone else, we'd go 10-6 this season since we've got such a similar schedule. If you give us substantial improvement from the split end position from last year, then I think we can win 11 or 12 games.

It ain't the play of the QB (although that's huge!), or the injuries (always a season maker/breaker), the penalties (that must be mitigated), the turnovers (+8 & we're straight!), or even the schedule (way more important than is conventionally recognized).

THE KEY FACTOR towards determining the success of the Washington Redskins for this upcoming football season is quite simple: CONSISTENCY!

Of course the aforementioned factors weigh heavily on any team's success, but we know our achillies heel faaaar too well, don't we?

How elated were you when beat dallas in irving & turned around and beat philly in the linc?

C'mon, give it up, we were the talk of the league at the time! And then we bend over AT HOME for the hapless rams? And then don't even bother to show in cincinnati?

With everything on the line we fold like amatuer card players! In that scenario? Mark my words, losing in detroit, or to the rams for the 2nd year in a row will be the harbinger of doom!

Look, I know all about "any given sunday" & certainly respect the axiom, cause its true. But in order for the Washington program to take that fateful yet elusive next step, we gotta beat the teams we are supposed to beat. Plain & simple. Our division is too tough, our schedule's a bear in the 2nd half, & this team is simply too veteran & too talented to lose to a st. louis team at home this time. Heads will surely roll if that happens!

Lastly, I know this ain't college football, so I don't care if we beat teams like the raiders by 2 or 22, but beat them we must!

The Iggles & Gints don't drop those kinda games consistently. I hate 'em both, but the truth is they handle their biz. Now if we're gonna be that new sherrif in town, we'd do well to start handling ours.

Comments & criticism is certainly welcome...

Wall of Text courtesy quote. :D

1/ Offensive production. We need to be feared for our deep passing. Duke and dunk ain't gonna cut it. We need to be high octane and explosive. Multiple formation that involve 2, 3, and 4 WRs and 1 or 2 TEs.

2/ Consistency: We need to be able to sustain both offensive and defensive drives consistently. On offense - no 3 and outs! Need to get some points out of each and every drive.

On defense, elimantion of the big passing plays. No more 15 yard DB cushions. If you are that scared, go play elsewhere.

3/ Special Teams: Need to stop huge KRs/PRs. And, on the flipside, take several to the house.

Everyone and their mother knows its the play of the QB. And you should probably learn what a paragraph is. :)

i disagree... it is the play of BOTH the o line and the qb.... i don't care who you put back there... if they aren't getting protection they will not produce

It ain't the play of the QB (although that's huge!), or the injuries (always a season maker/breaker), the penalties (that must be mitigated), the turnovers (+8 & we're straight!), or even the schedule (way more important than is conventionally recognized). THE KEY FACTOR towards determining the success of the Washington Redskins for this upcoming football season is quite simple: CONSISTENCY!

Of course the aforementioned factors weigh heavily on any team's success, but we know our achillies heel faaaaar too well, don't we? How elated were you when beat dallas in irving & turned around and beat philly in the link? C'mon, give it up, we were the talk of the league at the time! And then we bend over AT HOME for the hapless rams??? And then don't even bother to show in cincinnati?????? With everything on the line we fold like amatuer card players! In that scenario? Mark my words, losing in detroit, or to the rams for the 2nd year in a row will be the harbinger of doom!

Lastly, I know this ain't college football, so I don't care if we beat teams like the raiders by 2 or 22, but beat them we must! The iggles & gints don't drop those kinda games consistently. I hate 'em both, but the truth is they handle their biz. Now if we're gonna be that new sherrif in town, we'd do well to start handling ours. Comments & criticism is certainly welcome...

I totally agree! The Redskins gotta beat the teams they are supposed to beat and upset the teams they are supposed to lose to in order to be a great team.

On a side not.. The Eagles do have a problem with consistancy.. They got swept by us , tied the bengals and lost to the bears last year. I'd like to be consistant like the Patriots and Colts

I don't agree that its the key but I do think its a factor. There is something about the psyche of this team that has carried over for years. It seems like they need a kick in the pants or their back needs to be against the wall to win at times. Just when they start going and people sing their praises, they often take a step down.

I hate to use a movie analogy, but they seem like they are stuck in Rocky 3, they lose their edge and need outside forces at times to keep their edge. Better teams don't have issues with that, they seem to take every week seriously and stay on edge.

Seems like every year they have a killer defeat to a bad team at home. If this year is the same -- one of those home games against Tampa, KC, or the Rams will be an atypical dispirting loss.

Archived