Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

DP: Mike Sellers getting a lot of hate...

mzkp54

Thank you for correcting me. Please let me know what other views I should hold regarding free speech and the importance of national symbols over the expression of the ideals that the symbols represent. I look forward to being informed into the correct position on these things.

Regards!

talking about someone taking a dump on the flag is not the ideal time to pull out the free speech, patriotic card. ;)

i dont honestly think you actually honestly meant anything disrespectful in your comment. i think you were trying to make a joke. i really dont think youre a bad guy at all.

but you have to understand that your comment is going to rub alot of people the wrong way. i'm a 'foreigner' who fought for this country and the ideals the flag represents. someone talking about taking a dump on the flag and, subsequently, the ideals of a country i chose, a country i put my ass on the line for, a country my friend died by my side for in iraq- of course thats going to offend people.

again, if i thought your comment was serious, i'd think you were an ignorant jackass. but i dont. i'll bet youre really a very funny guy with a sarcastic sense of humor i can appreciate and relate to. just a bit over the top, s'all.

no harm. :cheers:;)

go skins

Mike had adrenaline running out the wazoo from the thought of hitting someone the flag became an afterthought.....I do not see any intentional disrespect from Mike Sellers...

In the grand scheme of things, the flag is ultimately a symbol and that symbol means different things to different people....Value to one is not going to be the same for all...Therefore judgment by ones peers over symbolic, materialistic ideals seem a bit silly to me..

Archived