Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Time to go back to the basics on ES (Totally Campbell Related)

Rocky52Mc

youre leaving out important stuff to suit your opinion.

campbell is the QB of a team thats gone 16-20.

collins is the QB of a team that went 4-1.

Do you really think that Collins will be a better option at QB though? I'm well aware of Campbell's record but you take into consideration all the things that have gone on.

When you hear about people recalling Campbell's "First half MVP like play" do you not believe that he can do it again? Especially considering the fact that the offense as a whole was just shut down at one point.

So if the offense can run like it did the first 8 games, you think Campbell can't have a winning record? And that essentially we should give up on what we found and that Collins could be better as a starting QB?

A great post, especially considering the immense amount of trite, thoughtless blabber on here for far too long. I can't remember a time when this board became so unreadable with a small minority of the membership becoming so obnoxiously loud.

Jason Campbell will never be an elite quarterback, but we don't need an elite quarterback to win. Campbell also isn't among the worst QBs in the league; he's currently slotted fairly in the middle of the pack of NFL quarterbacks. He's not at the Brady/Manning/Brees level, he's not at the Cutler/Rivers/McNabb level, but he's also definitely not amongst the lower echelon of quarterbacks either, as many on here make him out to be. It's been proven time and time again that mediocre quarterbacks can win superbowls, typically quarterbacks that don't turn the ball over too often.

Does anyone remember just how bad Campbell used to look compared to how he looks now? Do people remember his proneness to turnovers, his fumbling problems? His slow delivery, his poor footwork in the pocket, his lack of mobility? How he used to stare down one receiver rather than go through 3 or 4 progressions? His utter lack of calling protection plays at the line with the team electing Rabach to solely handle those responsibilities? He's gotten more accurate, become less prone to turnovers, and with an elite defense and multiple receiving weapons, has the potential to boost his stats (which is, quite evidently, all that matters to most of the vocal posters here).

And for the record, the Steelers last year won a superbowl with Roethlisberger throwing 3301 yards at a 59.9% clip, 17 touchdowns and 15 interceptions. Many will cite Pittsburgh's #1 defense - well wouldn't you know it, our defense has all of the potential to become a truly elite defense that can challenge the Ravens and Steelers. We don't need elite production from our quarterback, we simply need mediocrity. I think almost all of us can agree that that's the basement of what Campbell can potentially offer.

Whatever happened to fans enjoying the rollercoaster ride of the season? Hoping for the best (and possibly expecting the worst)? It really seems like fans are so convinced of Campbell's absolute ineptitude that they would rather see him fail and be proven right than have him be decent and lead the Redskins to a winning record (but without blowing teams out). Maybe it's a combination of a marathon offseason in an era of internet-driven demand for instant results. Whatever it is, I think most fans would enjoy the ride a lot more if they put aside their biases and just rooted for the team without trying to constantly find flaws to fit their own personal agendas. Again, I speak to the rather vocal minority on these boards.

Campbell may be the answer, he may not be, but lets just wait to see what happens eh? Things are never as bad or as great as they may seem - we weren't as good as our 6-2 record conveyed in the first half and we weren't as bad as our 2-6 record showed in the second. Campbell isn't a terrible quarterback and we're not doomed, no matter what happens against the Patriots next week or the Jaguars after that or even in the Giants game after that. After all, who ever would've predicted a 6-2 record after that Giants debacle last year?

A great post, especially considering the immense amount of trite, thoughtless blabber on here for far too long. I can't remember a time when this board became so unreadable with a small minority of the membership becoming so obnoxiously loud.

Jason Campbell will never be an elite quarterback, but we don't need an elite quarterback to win. Campbell also isn't among the worst QBs in the league; he's currently slotted fairly in the middle of the pack of NFL quarterbacks. He's not at the Brady/Manning/Brees level, he's not at the Cutler/Rivers/McNabb level, but he's also definitely not amongst the lower echelon of quarterbacks either, as many on here make him out to be. It's been proven time and time again that mediocre quarterbacks can win superbowls, typically quarterbacks that don't turn the ball over too often.

Does anyone remember just how bad Campbell used to look compared to how he looks now? Do people remember his proneness to turnovers, his fumbling problems? His slow delivery, his poor footwork in the pocket, his lack of mobility? How he used to stare down one receiver rather than go through 3 or 4 progressions? His utter lack of calling protection plays at the line with the team electing Rabach to solely handle those responsibilities? He's gotten more accurate, become less prone to turnovers, and with an elite defense and multiple receiving weapons, has the potential to boost his stats (which is, quite evidently, all that matters to most of the vocal posters here).

And for the record, the Steelers last year won a superbowl with Roethlisberger throwing 3301 yards at a 59.9% clip, 17 touchdowns and 15 interceptions. Many will cite Pittsburgh's #1 defense - well wouldn't you know it, our defense has all of the potential to become a truly elite defense that can challenge the Ravens and Steelers. We don't need elite production from our quarterback, we simply need mediocrity. I think almost all of us can agree that that's the basement of what Campbell can potentially offer.

Whatever happened to fans enjoying the rollercoaster ride of the season? Hoping for the best (and possibly expecting the worst)? It really seems like fans are so convinced of Campbell's absolute ineptitude that they would rather see him fail and be proven right than have him be decent and lead the Redskins to a winning record (but without blowing teams out). Maybe it's a combination of a marathon offseason in an era of internet-driven demand for instant results. Whatever it is, I think most fans would enjoy the ride a lot more if they put aside their biases and just rooted for the team without trying to constantly find flaws to fit their own personal agendas. Again, I speak to the rather vocal minority on these boards.

Campbell may be the answer, he may not be, but lets just wait to see what happens eh? Things are never as bad or as great as they may seem - we weren't as good as our 6-2 record conveyed in the first half and we weren't as bad as our 2-6 record showed in the second. Campbell isn't a terrible quarterback and we're not doomed, no matter what happens against the Patriots next week or the Jaguars after that or even in the Giants game after that. After all, who ever would've predicted a 6-2 record after that Giants debacle last year?

Very good points and I believe that you wrote about it better then I did. Campbell is not a 1/7 passer and he can get it done in the NFL. This is his season and he knows that. That's the perfect scenario, once pre-season is finished then the season starts and learning is no longer an option it's all about doing. I think Campbell will make good use of this opportunity.

Come on man, this is wayyy over exaggerated. I mean, just look at some of the threads you have created.

My threads are gold.:hysterical:

And I avoid duping JC threads when there are already 100 of them out there.

Very good points and I believe that you wrote about it better then I did. Campbell is not a 1/7 passer and he can get it done in the NFL. This is his season and he knows that. That's the perfect scenario, once pre-season is finished then the season starts and learning is no longer an option it's all about doing. I think Campbell will make good use of this opportunity.

hes a 1/7 passer when he takes shots downfield, which is exactly what he attempted to do last night and failed at. throwing short all game inflates your numbers, and because he didnt do that last night, we saw exactly what hes capable of when hes not playing it safe the whole time.

hes a bad QB, plain and simple. hes gonna play a half against the patriots next week and fail even harder, and someone else will start a clone thread of this with the same happy go lucky hopeful wishful thinking nonsense.

I find it funny that some claim that JC lead us to a 6-2 record, but last time i looked he lead us to an overall record of 8-8. So that means when it really counted he was 2-6.

The point of bringing up 6-2 and is that is what Jason Campbell CAN DO at QB with this team, because that was the teams actual record at one point after playing all 3 divisional opponents.

We're trying to get BACK to that 6-2 or somewhere around there and if this SAME offense did it once why can't they do it again? They're making some moves to try and make the offense last longer this year like the Betts move, cutting Jansen, bringing Dockery back. Now Zorn has to be smart with the play calling and it CAN work. If this team can play at that 6-2 level for 16 games why not 10-6 this year?

So why in the WORLD does Campbell's stat line of 1/7 10 YD's..make you cry BENCH?

How many QB who have been in the league for 4 years has had this kind of stats in their 2nd pre-season game?

Obviously JC is not worried about this stat and he has said so himself.

Which is all fine and dandy! But when you are looking for improvement in his second year for the "1st time" being in the same offense is well disheartening.

hes a 1/7 passer when he takes shots downfield, which is exactly what he attempted to do last night and failed at. throwing short all game inflates your numbers, and because he didnt do that last night, we saw exactly what hes capable of when hes not playing it safe the whole time.

hes a bad QB, plain and simple. hes gonna play a half against the patriots next week and fail even harder, and someone else will start a clone thread of this with the same happy go lucky hopeful wishful thinking nonsense.

And we know that you, Brandon L Christmas will be here to set all the record straight. :hysterical: I love extreme skins.

My threads are gold.:hysterical:

And I avoid duping JC threads when there are already 100 of them out there.

You've yet to reply to my comment. But anyways to stay on topic, I believe your threads are like the Campbell vs. Colt debate and you're Colt. If you read my description of it ...

Campbell is far from perfect, but Colt is far from average.

Again waiting for a reply.

etc.

Shoot, post #28. That means that this will never get read, as most will bypass it looking to briefly scan the other so very thoughtful one-line posts, mindlessly spewed so effortlessly after becoming a constant in their offseason, endless badgerings.

How about this. If you've posted in 10 other Campbell-centric threads in the last couple of weeks, just skip this thread. Move on. We've read your arguments, we've read your obscene negativity and the vast majority of us are sick of it.

Thanks Rocky52Mc, I appreciate it. It's a shame that there aren't more posters that will exceed even a 100 word limit, or even - gasp - contribute something that hasn't been expressed ad nauseam by themselves or others on this board.

Shoot, post #28. That means that this will never get read, as most will bypass it looking to briefly scan the other so very thoughtful one-line posts, mindlessly spewed so effortlessly after becoming a constant in their offseason, endless badgerings.

How about this. If you've posted in 10 other Campbell-centric threads in the last couple of weeks, just skip this thread. Move on. We've read your arguments, we've read your obscene negativity and the vast majority of us are sick of it.

Thanks Rocky52Mc, I appreciate it. It's a shame that there aren't more posters that will exceed even a 100 word limit, or even - gasp - contribute something that hasn't been expressed ad nauseam by themselves or others on this board.

:)

I admired your post. I just don't wanna get too deep in another JC thread. Once I start I don't stop sometimes. I'm just gearing up to see JC light up those ****ing Patriots!!!

It's a shame that there aren't more posters that will exceed even a 100 word limit, or even - gasp - contribute something that hasn't been expressed ad nauseam by themselves or others on this board.

don't worry, I'm sure Brandon Lloyd Christmas will chime in and help you out :hysterical:

The point of bringing up 6-2 and is that is what Jason Campbell CAN DO at QB with this team, because that was the teams actual record at one point after playing all 3 divisional opponents.

We're trying to get BACK to that 6-2 or somewhere around there and if this SAME offense did it once why can't they do it again? They're making some moves to try and make the offense last longer this year like the Betts move, cutting Jansen, bringing Dockery back. Now Zorn has to be smart with the play calling and it CAN work. If this team can play at that 6-2 level for 16 games why not 10-6 this year?

The 6-2 stretch was one of the better stretches of football play, YPA-wise. 2007 and 2006, his YPA, with the exception of a few games, was low.

The 6-2 stretch was one of the better stretches of football play, YPA-wise. 2007 and 2006, his YPA, with the exception of a few games, was low.

I just can't help but feel if we had a younger starting talent O-line and a #2 receiver that this team would have had a winning record last year no doubt.

At what point does Jason and his play reflect just his performance and not what his O-line and receivers dont do well enough? When will it be enough to decide he either has it or not? Are we going to have to replace the whole O-line and get all new Wr's before Jason is considered culpable by his performance alone. The scary thing is after Jason gets replaced we will still have posters saying how he was never given a fair chance:doh:

And the last game Collins started? Exactly.

If Collins won at least ONE playoff game, I can see, but it goes both ways.

You are forgetting many important factors in "last" game. It was a road playoff game, in one of the loudest stadiums i have ever heard on tv. My TV was humming during that entire game. Seattle was jumping just about every snap and Collins didnt really have a chance. And we still almost pulled it off. If Cooley makes that catch or we dont shank that kick..... what could have been.

Archived