Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Need some advice for Redskins game

haraldjun

Hi

I will fly to Washington from Vienna (Austria/Europe) to see the Redskins vs Pats, and so I really have difficulties to get all information I need I hope you guys can help me. (I did a search on all the topics but the search function didn´t help cause I always get a white screen without results)

1) Some extremeskiners said already that it shouldn´t be difficult to buy a ticket from someone in front of the stadium so ticket shouldn´t be a problem (hopefully) for any furhter advice is appreciated

2) I would like to get a Orakpo Jersey in the shop at FedEx Field, and some shirts and so on, would it be a porblem to take them with you into the stadium? e.g. in a rucksack or something, or are there some lockers where to store such things?

3) Travel to the stadium will be done by Metro I worked that already out, anything to take in consideration? eg. trains that full that it could get diffcult to get to the stadium?

So any further information you see as useful is welcome.

Hope to cu at the Stadium

HTTR

1) Some extremeskiners said already that it shouldn´t be difficult to buy a ticket from someone in front of the stadium so ticket shouldn´t be a problem (hopefully) for any furhter advice is appreciated

I'd recommend buying from stubhub or ebay instead of just showing up... you'll have a lot more control over where you want to sit and how much you want to pay.

Tickets to pre-season games are always plentiful and you should be able to sit almost anywhere for below face value.

Hi

2) I would like to get a Orakpo Jersey in the shop at FedEx Field, and some shirts and so on, would it be a porblem to take them with you into the stadium? e.g. in a rucksack or something, or are there some lockers where to store such things?

HTTR

Do NOT carry a rucksack! you can not enter the stadium with it. If you buy anything at the HOF store they will give you a plastic bag to carry things in. There is no lockers or storage of any kind in the stadium and the staff will not/can not hold any items for you if you make the mistake of carrying it to the stadium.

Yeah if you are rolling in here from Austria, do yourself a favor and buy tickets online. If not online, I would imagine some nice extremeskins fan would have an extra ticket they could sell you.

HI thanks for the advice, problem is when I purchase the tickets online they cannot be sent to me cause I think they will take their time to come to Austria, so a possibility would be to let them be sent to the Hotel but I don´t know if this will work and if not I spend the Dollars for nothing so any extremeskins fan who has 2 tickets in one of the 200 section is welcome to sell them to me

I'd recommend buying from stubhub or ebay instead of just showing up... you'll have a lot more control over where you want to sit and how much you want to pay.

Have you ever attempted to buy tix outside of the stadium?

Tickets to pre-season games are always plentiful and you should be able to sit almost anywhere for below face value.

I found a pair of uppers for $20 on Sat. I then found a row of vacant seats in 221, row 9 where I sat for the first half until I left. Thats lower level, 45 yardline for $10 a seat. I would have paid hundreds of dollars on Ebay or Stubhub after shipping. Not worth it for preseason.

I actually might have 2 tickets I'd be willing to give a redskins fan from austria or wherever you said youre from. But they're in the UL I know if I flew over here from there to watch a game I'd want to be as low as I could. Great view from section 440 though if you would rather sit up high.

Was just in Vienna a few months ago, loved it, great coffee among other things.

In your shoes, I'd get the tickets in advance, I have had good luck with stubhub, the closer you can wait till game time the better deal you will get.

The Redskins store seems to be a zoo on game day so I'd get there a little early if you want to shop.

Edit: just noticed you said versus Pats, too late am guessing to secure tickets via Stubhub unless you can arrange shipping to a hotel or wherever you are staying -- I've done that before for a concert that I saw abroad, an agency sent tickets to the hotel I was staying at.

Your best bet: Post a message in the Classifieds of this board, explain your situation and I am sure you will get many offers of tickets and advice.

Alternatively, you might want to try ascticket.com, because you can actually talk to them before buying the ticket, explain your situation, and make arrangements for pick-up or delivery in a convenient way. With stubhub.com, you can't contact the seller in advance (or at all). You may wind up paying a few more bucks on ascticket, but if you are coming from Austria, what's $50.

Good luck! PM me if you need more specific advice on your trip.

I helped my buddy Neil when he came from Essex a couple seasons ago... get your hotel first. Plan everything around that. yeah, you can get a ticket at the stadium, people selling them everywhere, not sure if they are all real though. If you need help obtaining a ticket, i will help you. Get your hotel room, and then plan to buy a ticket. Are you going alone? Buy the Orakpo jersey and wear it immediately so you arent lugging bags around. If you need help with obtaining tickets, let me know, I will do what i can to help. PM me if you need to.

~ Steve

Archived