Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

AFC North

ZIBBY28

:doh:

you probably havent ever seen Oher play, have you? he has looked nothing less than a high-calibler RT so far throughout OTAs and training camp.. if you think that'll be the record for the ravens, thats fine, but i dont understand how you can just sit there and say "Oher will look terrible" w/o backing your statement up. it makes you sound unreasonable/uneducated... im not saying you are, but that was kind of just a blanket statement with no meaning

good joke.

I actually went to RTC. he did look ok. I for one, just dont trust his mind/intelligence. Sorry, i know that sounds mean but thats just me. Thats what seperates players such as Santana Moss and Desean Jackson. Albeit, not the best comparison.

Glad you got it. I was thinking that I could get someone hook, line and sinker to argue with me as to why I'm insane.

Really?

Steelers 12-4

Ravens 10-6

Bengals 6-10

Browns 4-12

lol.. sounds just a tad more reasonable to me, but hey, anything could happen

I actually went to RTC. he did look ok. I for one, just dont trust his mind/intelligence. Sorry, i know that sounds mean but thats just me. Thats what seperates players such as Santana Moss and Desean Jackson. Albeit, not the best comparison.

well, im glad you explained yourself, at least i can respect your opinion now and go with the "to each his own" mentality.. at the same time, we have a harvard grad anchoring our O-Line, so if you want a ravens/redskins jeapordy competition, come get some.

You would be surprised. There are many people who firmly believe that our back-up qb: Troy Smith should be given the opportunity to start games next year.

I can't say that our discussions have been anywhere near as intense, obsessive, or down right creepy (no offense) as the one's on this message board, but we have had our fair share of "Bench the starter, start the bencher" threads.

You should check out a few threads started by Oldfan about QBs.

You should check out a few threads started by Oldfan about QBs.

Lol can you give me the Cliff Notes version? :silly:

Steelers - 11-5

Ravens - 9-7

Bengals - 3-13

Browns - 2-14

Have you seen our schedule? I'm as big a hater as anybody, but the Bengals and Browns should at least beat the Lions, Raiders, Broncos, and Texans and Bills (respectively), and then split with each other.

Have you seen our schedule? I'm as big a hater as anybody, but the Bengals and Browns should at least beat the Lions, Raiders, Broncos, and Texans and Bills (respectively), and then split with each other.
The Texans are better than both the Bengals and Browns. The Bills are better than the Browns but not the Bengals. The Lions and Broncos are ? because of coaching changes and internal upheaval, but so are the Browns. The Raiders have some decent talent but as long as Davis is there, they will fail. I don't think the Browns are going to win more than 4 games this year. The Bengals have a chance to get better, but it IS the Bungles. I think their offense will rebound, but the D will keep them from achieving anything worthwhile.

The Texans are better than both the Bengals and Browns. The Bills are better than the Browns but not the Bengals. The Lions and Broncos are ? because of coaching changes and internal upheaval' date=' but so are the Browns. The Raiders have some decent talent but as long as Davis is there, they will fail. I don't think the Browns are going to win more than 4 games this year. The Bengals have a chance to get better, but it IS the Bungles. I think their offense will rebound, but the D will keep them from achieving anything worthwhile.[/quote']

Would you be surprised if I told you that the Bengals offense was 32nd and their defense was 12th last year?

Ravens 8-8 Do not believe the hype. Do not think they are not anywhere as good as their record indicated last season

What hype? All anyone ever says is "Omg, they'll never recover without their DC" or "Scott was crucial and Jim Leonhard was a play maker that defense won't be the same without them," and of course "Flacco will have a slump."

What hype? All anyone ever says is "Omg, they'll never recover without their DC" or "Scott was crucial and Jim Leonhard was a play maker that defense won't be the same without them," and of course "Flacco will have a slump."

Your efforts are almost certainly in vain, so why try?

People get vibes from the most circulated news sources and tend to base their expectations on those feelings.

This year, although the Ravens are bringing back the exact same squad that went to the AFCCG, Baltimore isn't getting hyped up as New England is back, Pittsburgh is building a dynasty, San Diego/Philadelphia are on the verge once again, and Rex Ryan is now a New York Jet.

Conversely, the Bengals atypically had a good draft, and because Cincinnati is perennially underrated, they're a sexy sleeper as no one will see them coming!

The fact that we've replaced a myriad of linebackers/coordinators before doesn't matter when people have already decided what their gut thinks.

The Eagles seem to be the NFC favorite this year despite the fact that Jim Johsnon, Philly's defensive coordinator for the past decade and from the onset of their NFC domination, has unfortunately passed away. Philadelphia is also dealing with a ton of injuries.

We've been in the playoffs six of the last nine years and, if I remember correctly, we have produced the most current starters in the NFL through the draft. Our franchise is one of the most solid in the NFL and doesn't need to defend itself when the Super Bowl is always an attainable goal.

Steelers 12-4

Ravens 8-8 Do not believe the hype. Do not think they are not anywhere as good as their record indicated last season

Bengals 7-9

Browns 4-12

what hype? the skins have gotten 10x more attention in the media than the ravens.. no one has ever given the ravens ANY respect, like you said, you dont think they were anywhere near as good as their record indicated, but people fail to realize that defense wins games and they have been in the top 5 for the past idk how many years.. they havent allowed 100 yard rusher in 2 1/2 years.. and thus, have had playoff births 6 out of the last 9 i believe.. think what you want, but i dont understand how as a realist, you can go say the skins will win 12 games or whatever, but the ravens arent even a good team after, i think we can all admit, the ravens dominated the skins last year.. it was a defensive struggle, but the final score is all that counts. and i firmly believe the ravens are a better team this year than last. you can probably say the same thing about the skins, but i was just curoius to see what the "hype" was you're talking about

Aw come on now there was a big hype. I have a lot of family and friends over there in the Charm City. I'm always over there hear the hype all over the streets of Baltimore. Oh they are going to have a great season.

what hype? the skins have gotten 10x more attention in the media than the ravens.. no one has ever given the ravens ANY respect

What predictions have you seen in the media that have the Skins anywhere but last place? I haven't seen one major media outlet even predicting the Skins finish 3rd in the NFC East. They may be getting more attention because of the big name free agent signings, but there is no media "hype" surrounding the Skins.

what hype? the skins have gotten 10x more attention in the media than the ravens.. no one has ever given the ravens ANY respect, like you said, you dont think they were anywhere near as good as their record indicated, but people fail to realize that defense wins games and they have been in the top 5 for the past idk how many years.. they havent allowed 100 yard rusher in 2 1/2 years.. and thus, have had playoff births 6 out of the last 9 i believe.. think what you want, but i dont understand how as a realist, you can go say the skins will win 12 games or whatever, but the ravens arent even a good team after, i think we can all admit, the ravens dominated the skins last year.. it was a defensive struggle, but the final score is all that counts. and i firmly believe the ravens are a better team this year than last. you can probably say the same thing about the skins, but i was just curoius to see what the "hype" was you're talking about

You have to be kidding me all the hype in the media all the hype in the streets of Baltimore City, like I said I'm over there all of the time. I have family and friends over there okay all I hear is Ravens is going to have a great season.

You have to be kidding me all the hype in the media all the hype in the streets of Baltimore City, like I said I'm over there all of the time. I have family and friends over there okay all I hear is Ravens is going to have a great season.

so because there is "hype" in the hometown of a team, they're considered to be great by everyone??? thats like me coming on this forum and asking you guys if you would be in last place in the nfc east.. 19 out of 20 of you would say no.. there was HYPE in baltimore surrounding the orioles this year because of guys like adam jones, and weiters.. do you really think anyone outside of baltimore thought they had a shot? i dont think so.

all I've heard all off season is, they lost rex, they wont be the same.. they lost bart, ray is too old, heap is washed up, mason isnt a threat, theres no one for flacco to throw to and so on and so on.. again, what hype? from Baltimore's fans?? of course they're going to be homers in baltimore, but on a national level? i dont think so.

so because there is "hype" in the hometown of a team, they're considered to be great by everyone??? thats like me coming on this forum and asking you guys if you would be in last place in the nfc east.. 19 out of 20 of you would say no.. there was HYPE in baltimore surrounding the orioles this year because of guys like adam jones, and weiters.. do you really think anyone outside of baltimore thought they had a shot? i dont think so.

all I've heard all off season is, they lost rex, they wont be the same.. they lost bart, ray is too old, heap is washed up, mason isnt a threat, theres no one for flacco to throw to and so on and so on.. again, what hype? from Baltimore's fans?? of course they're going to be homers in baltimore, but on a national level? i dont think so.

Listen to most of the so call experts my friend of course they do not play the game but there is a hype. No matter how you will try to deny it there is a hype .

they have been in the top 5 for the past idk how many years..

Top 6 defense for 9 of the last ten years.

Aw come on now there was a big hype. I have a lot of family and friends over there in the Charm City. I'm always over there hear the hype all over the streets of Baltimore. Oh they are going to have a great season.

If you go to Detroit you can find plenty of people that think their team will have a good year. Outside of Baltimore it's all "They just got lucky; it won't happen again." "They lost one defensive starter; they'll never be the same."

What predictions have you seen in the media that have the Skins anywhere but last place? I haven't seen one major media outlet even predicting the Skins finish 3rd in the NFC East. They may be getting more attention because of the big name free agent signings, but there is no media "hype" surrounding the Skins.

Hype=attention. Haynesworth's signing has gotten the Skins loads of attention.

Listen to most of the so call experts my friend of course they do not play the game but there is a hype. No matter how you will try to deny it there is a hype .

Most of the experts have the Ravens not making the playoffs and being irreperably damaged by the loss of Rex Ryan. So again I say "What hype?"

Of course you can find one or two people who expect Baltimore to do well, but for the most part the general perception is that Cincy will overtake the Ravens.

Archived