Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

50cc Scooters? Looking for info

AsburySkinsFan

If you are afraid of losing your man-hood - why not get a motorcycle?

I have an old beat up '92 Honda 750, total POS. I have never even gotten my full motorcyles license - have had a learners permit for almost 15 years. I am not supposed to have a passenger and cant ride at night - just ignore the rules!

My bike (which I rarely get to ride anymore) even the big POS that it is gets like 50 mpg.

If you are afraid of losing your man-hood - why not get a motorcycle?

I have an old beat up '92 Honda 750, total POS. I have never even gotten my full motorcyles license - have had a learners permit for almost 15 years. I am not supposed to have a passenger and cant ride at night - just ignore the rules!

My bike (which I rarely get to ride anymore) even the big POS that it is gets like 50 mpg.

I'm not really worried about my manhood (although a friend of ours just got pregnant after having her tubes tied...but that's another discussion). As per the motorcycle, I looked at one last year and I was about 24 hours away from a purchase, but I couldn't validate the payment+insurance+license and still say I was saving money over driving my truck and that was when gas was $4 a gallon.

One thing I've learned so far is that most of the speedometers on these things rate about 10% higher than actual speed, apparently doing that reduces the amount of accidents by a huge margin.

Many motorcycles are the same way. My VTX's speedometer is about 7% high, and my old Vstar was about 5%. There are a few companies that make correction kits for bikes, not sure on scooters.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, we pulled the trigger today and bought my scoot, its due in on Thursday unfortunately I have an emergency management training in Louisville from Thursday morning 'til Saturday noon, so I won't be able to get it until Sunday. I did some asking around and I took the advice given here and elsewhere to upgrade from the 50cc to the 125cc. I will have to get a license, insurance, and register the scoot but I can get up to 60+ mph which keeps me from being the slow poke at the front of the line of cars stringing through town, plus it allows me to manage hills much better.

Anyways, here the link.

http://www.genuinescooters.com/scooters/buddy/buddy.html

red_buddy.jpg

Here's the deal I got.

1. Buddy 125 (red): $2699

2. Frieght/Set up: $250

3. Rack/Top Box: $195

4. Windshield: $100

5. Cover: $100

6. Lock: $55

7: 2 Helmets: $198

8. Tax: $225