Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Same Coach= Playoffs for skins

:cheers:

Every Year I get excited for the skins to start, and i seem to always find a reason to get really excited.But this year it might actually come true. Even when we went 3-13, 4-12, I am always optamistic. Especally since now a days you see teams like the Rams 4-12 one year 13-3 the next. Plus i am a Real big fan of Free Agency. It is tough to see players you love leave, but the recent Skins seem to always sign new talent. It was hard To See my Man Stephen Davis leave, as was; Trent Green, Kenard Lang, Shwan Baber, Brian Michtell, and many others.. But who would of thought we would get Trotter, Armstead, and Arrington all in one line up. This year i am oozzing with exciment. Cause i think that the reason we have missed the playoffs, is constant Coach changes, and alittle missing Chemstry. Cause the Redskins have one the most Talented teams in the league. But now that we have the same coach again it is really going to change things around. I belevie we have enough talent to win the NFC EAST, and def. make the playoffs. And Something has to be said about a Defense that Ranks 5th overall, with one the most crappy offenses last year. This year we have awesome Depth at WR, RB, OL and DL. IT is going to be a great year. GOOOOOOO Skins!!!!

Is anyone else seeing two avitars for Redskinswhoopass? I see the coach (Art's avitar) and the cheerleader.

Good post. I'm very exited for this season as well. I think if we can avoid any huge injuries (like QB) we will be a very good team this year.

Oh, and I have sunday ticket now, so I finally don't have to go to the bar every sunday WOO HOO!

I,m more excited this year than I have been last couple years. With the o-line upgrades and the added speed a RB and WR, Ramsey has been given the tools he needs to show what he can do. If Ramsey lives up to our expectations we should make the playoffs easy.

And yes I see two avitars for redskinswhoopass

Well, I actually DONT get optimistic every season and I think we could be pretty good this time around. If Ramsey proves to be even a fair QB we should be a 10 win team. All the other pieces are in place for a Spurrier offense, and our defense, while lacking a stellar pass-rushing pedigree, should be pretty solid otherwise. (Remember under Turner we would win 8,9,10 games with a bottom-five defense. Our defense is much better now. Imperfect doesn't mean terrible.)

Again, it comes down to the QB. If we get an 80 or so rating from that spot I expect other teams to dread facing us in the playoffs this year.

I think it is the combination of a return HC AND returning starting quarterback that has the Redskins poised to make gains.

You don't win in the NFL without good production out of your qb. You can't turn the ball over 3 or 4 times a game and expect to win 10 games. Not anymore when the talent is spread so thinly around the league.

That's one thing you have to give Fassel credit for. His team, up to recent times with Shockey et al, has never had the real big horses but has always played disciplined football and won games it SHOULD win.

The Giants may not be able to go out and beat the Bucs in Tampa but they have taken care of business against the Redskins when they had to last year and against Dallas as well.

Meanwhile, the Redskins have watched winnable games slip away because of stupid, glaring mistakes. Some to be fair were due to lesser talented players just showing their lack of skill, but in other cases it was TALENTED players that just didn't know the system or the play(s) being called, or the tendencies of the teammates playing next to them.

I've got to agree, and agree I will. (One of these days I will have my own opinion) I think significant gains were made this off-season to bolster the o-line, wr, and special teams. The loss of Stephen Davis was tough (believe me, now I have to go get a new jersey) but he wasn't the right back for this system anyway. The only area we will likely lose productivity in is the D-Line, and that's only because we got an amazing year out of Darryl Gardner last year.

With Ramsey a year older, Coles running deep, Gardner over the middle, Candidate out of the backfield, and a healthy bunch of *sick* linebackers, I foresee a respectable season with a trip to the playoffs.

Yeah, the Giants are a real juggernaught! You got shockey and now you have an aging Mitchel for runbacks but other than that you are unchanged from the same team that every year goes to the verge of getting their coach fired...including last year. Giants have always been the Skins easy win. And last year with all their new "weapons" they only barely beat us 19-17 on a botched field goal and 27-21. This is the same time that other teams were taking big advantage of our poor production on offense to run up the score. Where the all powerful Giants beat us buy 2 and 6 points, New Orleans beat us by 16, Jacksonville beat us by 19, and Green Bay beat us by 21. That was good enough then, Giants, but now the division has changed...well, exept you. Dallas who you so easily beat by 4 points now has a different philosophy and a legendary new coach. The king of the hill Eagles and their rabid fans have chosen the discount way to the Super Bowl and given away all their talent. The Redskins...well, we went out and fixed all those pesky little problems that we had last year. Protection at OL, speed at reciever, and running back(big time) , and 2 years under the same system/coach for the first time since 99'. I am sure you are wondering "what did we do all that for?", you will find out why Giants...we will show you on September 21.

Archived