Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Coverage: 2009 Training Camp - Day 1 (Final)

JimmiJo

Adam_SchefterIn Washington, fittingly, DeAngelo Hall lobbying Redskins like mad to return punts this season.

Yes! Let him!

If Barnes and Tryon can prove themselves worthy backups, I'm maybe for this. I think we should put Moss on a couple too. It's good to keep the other team on their feet. Having the same punt returner every game, when that person isn't explosive, is not a great idea. The coverage clearly figured out how to make El go sideways, or if they didn't they knew he would do it anyways.

If Barnes and Tryon can prove themselves worthy backups, I'm maybe for this. I think we should put Moss on a couple too. It's good to keep the other team on their feet. Having the same punt returner every game, when that person isn't explosive, is not a great idea. The coverage clearly figured out how to make El go sideways, or if they didn't they knew he would do it anyways.

I agree with this statement. Unless you have a bonafide gamebreaker returning punts (devin hester like), then i would like to see different looks back there. Moss was great coming in for different situations, but definatly should not always be back their returning.

I agree with your other comment as well that if our backups continue improving, i wouldnt mind seeing dhall back there. we will have to see.

And I also agree that anyone but ARE is fine by me.

Has Dthomas ever returned kicks in his college career?

RedskinsDotComJames Thrash, by the way, has re-joined the team in a Player Development role, working alongside Bobby Crumple

Thats great. I love Thrash and he seemed like a great locker room guy. Glad to see him able to come back and continue a football role with us. Hope he is successful in helping our players.

Man the best part of training camp for me is reading Gary Fitzgeralds daily training camp articles.

http://www.redskins.com/gen/articles/Training_Camp_Practice_Report__July_30_44711.jsp

Man these are great. I love reading all of the 7on7 and 11on11 highlights. It makes me feel like im there as it happens.

Thanks Gary for hooking us all up yearly. :notworthy

(and thanks to ucfSKINS. I didnt know about rapid reports from CBS til you posted those reports. Thanks dude.)

Man the best part of training camp for me is reading Gary Fitzgeralds daily training camp articles.

http://www.redskins.com/gen/articles/Training_Camp_Practice_Report__July_30_44711.jsp

Man these are great. I love reading all of the 7on7 and 11on11 highlights. It makes me feel like im there as it happens.

Thanks Gary for hooking us all up yearly. :notworthy

(and thanks to ucfSKINS. I didnt know about rapid reports from CBS til you posted those reports. Thanks dude.)

Ditto

Archived