Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ESPN - Supplemental draft rarely a bargain bin/ Len Pasquarelli

HapHaszard

Len doesn't mention in what round these past supplemental draft picks were taken. If the average pick that was given up was rounds 4-7 then the number of successful picks would probably be on par with the April draft. I think to be fair he would have to compare round by round. But I'm sure his fat ass is too lazy for that. It's actually pretty amazing the number of negative articles he puts out about the Redskins.

How was Ricky Sanders acquired? Anyone know?

n/m

Prior to the 1984 NFL season, a USFL Supplemental Draft was held. Sanders was selected 16th overall in the first round by the New England Patriots. The Redskins were so intrigued by his performance in the USFL that they deemed him worthy of a 3rd round pick in the 1987 NFL Draft. The Redskins acquired the 23-year old's NFL rights from New England and signed him on August 11th, 1986.

http://www.thehogs.net/History/legends/ricky-sanders.html

In that case it should say we've never taken a college player in the supplemental draft.

did teams have to lose a draft pick the next year for each player taken? Because if they didn't then it wasn't a true supplemental draft

They don't "lose" the draft pick - it's the pick from the 2010 draft pick. It boils down to them using their 2010 draft pick almost a year early.

to me, that's 6 of one, half a dozen of the other.

I actually didn't think Len was too negative here. One nugget that I pulled out of this article was just how good Brian Orakpo has been looking in camp. That brings a smile to my face.

"Washington officials can only hope that Jarmon is as superb a prospect as Orakpo, who caused a considerable amount of buzz during the minicamps and organized team activities in the spring. "

Isn't that the point? What's the difference to you? (not being snarky, I'd like to hear your reasons)

they don't have a pick in the 2010 third round. They have a 2009 supplemental draft pick. THey call is the 2009 supplemental draft, not the early 2010 draft.

Archived