Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Green D3 vs Green F3

xavmit

I used to park in Green D2 but this is now Orange.

Are there any opinons on Green D3 vs Green F3? I would be a front parker, taking up a single space.

F3 pro: No longer competes with Blue upon exit. Slightly closer than D3 depending on where you park to the stadium.

F3 minus: If poorly placed by an attendent you could be extremely far from the lot exit onto Arena Drive.

D3 pro: Smaller lot and not as deep so you are always close, regardless of attendent placement to the lot exit onto Redskins Rd.

D3 minus: Now competes with Grey upon exit. Slightly farther to stadium than F3.

I think it's hard to answer this without some experience. I know that in the past, as kickoff approaches, the D3 lot gets full, so they lead cars through the back gate and into the sport complex in the back, and also onwards to the B3 lot using the back roads which you can see on the map. That would suck. You've also got competing traffic with the gray lots and the platinum E lots, all which use Redskins Rd. And we know the platinum lot traffic would be bad immediately before and after the game.

I think I'd start with Arena Dr. and Green F3. If that sucked and they put me in A3 or B3 (which is very possible), I'd check out D3.

Actually, I'd just come early. :)

43201.jpg

Wouldn't the platinum lots empty out a little slower than the Green and Gray lots? Seems like they would be more likely to hang around and enjoy the suites and club level after the game than the green and gray folks. I'm just guessing.

I'm wondering what they are going to do with all the green lot people who head down Redskins Road as they have in the past. The Green lots have been reduced so much off Redskins Road, I can see them filling up very quickly while the Green lots on the west side of the stadium having plenty of parking spaces.

Not as it's designed. There are curb/grass islands and a pedestrian walkway separating the two lots. It was designed so you can drive between the curb/grass islands. Last year you could do that. Whether they will put up a jersey wall or something this year is yet to be known.

Click the link, scroll down, click satellite, and zoom in to see for yourself:

http://fedexfield.stadiumhotelnetwork.com/

Wait wait...they're fencing off platinum so you can't walk through it to the stadium anymore? Seriously? People walking up through the lots was honestly that big of a concern that they had to do that? Whats next; drapes over the fences so that the platinum parkers don't have to see the unwashed masses in the other lots?

All the off-season stadium and ticket drama so far and this is the thing that finally irks me. Go figure.

Not as it's designed. There are curb/grass islands and a pedestrian walkway separating the two lots. It was designed so you can drive between the curb/grass islands. Last year you could do that. Whether they will put up a jersey wall or something this year is yet to be known.

Click the link, scroll down, click satellite, and zoom in to see for yourself:

http://fedexfield.stadiumhotelnetwork.com/

I know what the satellites show but during the season do they put up jersey barriers or other type of fencing between the sections?

I think it's hard to answer this without some experience. I know that in the past, as kickoff approaches, the D3 lot gets full, so they lead cars through the back gate and into the sport complex in the back, and also onwards to the B3 lot using the back roads which you can see on the map. That would suck. You've also got competing traffic with the gray lots and the platinum E lots, all which use Redskins Rd. And we know the platinum lot traffic would be bad immediately before and after the game.

I think I'd start with Arena Dr. and Green F3. If that sucked and they put me in A3 or B3 (which is very possible), I'd check out D3.

Actually, I'd just come early. :)

I've parked in green before, but in year's past I had blue.

I'm always there right when the lots open, but out of curiosity how long does it take for F-3 to fill up? I'll be parking there b/c it's just a short walk from there to sec. 131.

I know what the satellites show but during the season do they put up jersey barriers or other type of fencing between the sections?

No, i've driven through there numerous times from 4 hours until kickoff until almost game time a couple times..., never any barriers there.. this year though, who knows...

No, i've driven through there numerous times from 4 hours until kickoff until almost game time a couple times..., never any barriers there.. this year though, who knows...

I know in the past this hasnt been an issue but I'm thinking with them asking those of us interested in parking in E3 to change up the access road we use to get there that things may change this year.

but like you said, who knows.....

I know in the past this hasnt been an issue but I'm thinking with them asking those of us interested in parking in E3 to change up the access road we use to get there that things may change this year.

but like you said, who knows.....

I'm hoping they open up the left hand turn into E3 from Redskins Road! Why it was never open or accessible in the past was just plain stupid. Having to weave you way through F3 to get there was a PITA.

I'm hoping they open up the left hand turn into E3 from Redskins Road! Why it was never open or accessible in the past was just plain stupid. Having to weave you way through F3 to get there was a PITA.

From what I understand that is exactly what they are asking us to do. Enter on Redskins Rd. which means we would have to make a left into E3.

If I am misunderstanding this please let me know.

I can see the attendants placing the single parkers in F3 way back near E3 and vice versa and filling in the lots from back to front. This would be terrible if you arrive early and want to park near the lot exits. This is my main reason for probably going with D3.

Archived