Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Cover Songs

cjcdaman

A couple guys and I at work mostly listen to rock, but sometimes we listen to easy listening or even pop(God, I hate it). In order to help me "like" some of the songs, I "metal" them up" a little bit while singing the lyrics. I've found that Ace of Base songs literally were meant to be metal . . . particularly The Sign, Don't Turn Around(awesome), and All That She Wants. It is so fun doing this and we laugh so hard sometimes.

There are so many more that the pop station plays that if it were just covered by a metal band or at the very least put into a rock version, it would ****ing kick ass!

Last, but not least the Beverly Hills Cop song should be "metalled".

Anybody know some good cover songs that have been put into rock or metal versions. Love cover songs!

I Kissed a Girl

BAD ASS!

DAMN!!! Thanks for that. I wish I had the means to do stuff like that. You guys ever heard some stuff put into lounge music? A guy at work told me about a website for some guy that he couldn't remember his name...but the dude makes everything to lounge music. That's hilarious. I wish I had the time and money to do stuff like that.

Having said that, this particular thread is definitely about metal and rock covers...but lounge covers are absolutely welcomed.

DAMN!!! Thanks for that. I wish I had the means to do stuff like that. You guys ever heard some stuff put into lounge music? A guy at work told me about a website for some guy that he couldn't remember his name...but the dude makes everything to lounge music. That's hilarious. I wish I had the time and money to do stuff like that.

Having said that, this particular thread is definitely about metal and rock covers...but lounge covers are absolutely welcomed.

Oh yeah! He did Welcome to the Jungle...and I believe he also did a Slayer tune :hysterical:. I will see if i can find it.

First one was great. Second one was awesome! Thanks, PP! So far, I've got 3 to add to my collection.

Look at more of Dream Evil's stuff, they are a freaking awesome band. My favorite right now. Firewind is also good, especially their newer stuff. Their guitarist used to play for Dream Evil before he left to focus more on Firewind, which he started.

For that one, didn't they just mix the real thing with metal instead of a full-out cover? Awesome that it worked.

No, he took the vocals and pitch shifted them and time stretched them.

For the lounge music stuff, go to Youtube and search Richard Cheese. He has done a ton of stuff.

For that one, didn't they just mix the real thing with metal instead of a full-out cover? Awesome that it worked.

Yeah, it definitely sounded like it. Amazing!

EDIT: I stand corrected. Good looking out BE.

THAT'S IT! Richard Cheese. That's the guy! Thanks.

Wow! I can't say it enough. I would LOVE to do this. These were amazing. Can't pick a favorite. If I had to, it would be the second. Again, thank you.

No problem, these are some of my top bands I listen to (most all of their stuff is original work, which makes the covers stand out). I know Dark Moor has more covers, I'll try to find which ones are covers.

I don't listen to Dark Moor nearly as often as Rhapsody of Fire, but The Moon is damn good.

Diggin the Disturbed cover. :)

Surprised no one's mentioned the Careless Whisper cover yet. :silly:

TK, it is awesome! I have just heard it SO MANY TIMES!...I remember when it first came on, I was in awe...and then they continuously played it. Still, great cover!

Archived