Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Tashard Choice is becoming a team favorite with the guys

bobbee1011

Well, you should have been here Tuesday morning. Things got a tad chippy, the offense and the defense really going at each other in the team portion and seven-on-seven segments of this third of five scheduled mini-camp practices.

Lot of chirping going on, too, You'd have thought the pads were on and something was on the line, other than getting through yet another of these jersey and shorts practices in the scalding Texas sun, still six weeks away from the start of training camp. And we're not talking just the young pups either. There was Leonard Davis, from the sideline with the second offense taking advantage of the first defense, really giving it to the starters during a two-minute drill, sort of payback from earlier in the practice.

Yeah, that's what I'm talkin' about. If they care about this stuff, no telling what will take place in a real game. Wade Phillips can only hope this carries over to training camp.

One of the lead chirpers, and growing chirpier by the practice is second-year running back Tashard Choice. By golly you know where he is on the field at all times. Talk, talk, talk.

"I talk a lot and I get the guys excited a lot," Choice said. "I'm not a football player who likes to be quiet. I love doing what I do so when I'm out here talkin' to the guys I like to talk and get them fired up."

Should have heard him after catching a perfect Tony Romo sits to pee pass on the run down the left hash, screaming as he came trotting back toward the line of scrimmage, "Hey Romo sits to pee, good throw," and believe me it was loud enough for everyone to hear. The second-year kid telling the two-time Pro Bowl quarterback nice job.

Some chatterbox.

"I don't know, a lot of the guys lead by example," Choice said, "but I probably fire everybody up mostly because I like to talk."

Hey, gets you fired up just listening to him, that infectious enthusiasm for what he's doing one part refreshing, one part inspiring and another part sort of amusing. Should have been there.

Choice's only fault was playing at Georgia Tech. :D

haha, UGAg is the worst. Still salty about your weak run defense? Georgia Tech beat you guys without throwing the ball in the 2nd half.

When was the last time UGAg won the national championship? 1980? lol, and it's not like they don't have great players, they put loads of guys in the NFL, it's not even really bad coaching (richt is ok), it's just that terrible school they represent that keeps them from winning.

haha, UGAg is the worst. Still salty about your weak run defense? Georgia Tech beat you guys without throwing the ball in the 2nd half.

When was the last time UGAg won the national championship? 1980? lol, and it's not like they don't have great players, they put loads of guys in the NFL, it's not even really bad coaching (richt is ok), it's just that terrible school they represent that keeps them from winning.

:saber:

That is quite rich, Sally.

Subbing for MBIII AT Pittsburgh, he ran for 88 yards. 2nd most the Steelers allowed all season. 2nd to Jamal Lewis who ran for about 90 or so, in a meaningless week 17 game.

Then ran for 91 yards vs. NY on 9 carries and followed that up with 90 yards vs. a stout Ravens defense.

Not too shabby for a 4th round pick who started the season 3rd on the depth chart.

He stepped it up when called upon. And that's great to know going into 2009.

I'm extremely comfortable with all 3 of the Dallas' RBs playing whenever they are needed.

Did Choice play in that 44-6 drubbing at the hand of the Eagles last year? Who did the pukes have as a running back? That game was only the-most-important game for the pukes in the season, yet, all of these puke players failed to show up.

Did Choice play in that 44-6 drubbing at the hand of the Eagles last year? Who did the pukes have as a running back? That game was only the-most-important game for the pukes in the season, yet, all of these puke players failed to show up.

Very true, the lack of heart and effort from the Cowboys in that game was just plain sad, but Choice didnt play absolutely terrible. 13 carries 56 yards 1 catch for 8. And with the complete joke of an effort the offensive line gave(looked like 5 guys who were looking forward to spending their big paychecks in the offseason to me), cant really complain with that.

Hopefully nobodys chalking Choice up at the next big thing because that'd just be ridiculous, but I was impressed with how he played last season. I believe he's fairly similair to Portis in the fact he has excellent vision and usually seems to get the most out of every carry. For example when there's no hole there at all, always seeming a way to pick up those 2 yards. Portis is one of the best at this imo. He plays hard as well, so considering he was a 4th round pick I would agree with the statement Dallas got a steal.

Choice played fine. If the entire team played with his emotion and fire, there wouldn't have been a beatdown like there was.

MB3 was the one who no-showed that game.

Choice played well all things considered.

me caring about tashard choice is like asking a vegan to care about how you eat your steak.

I actually had to look the guy up online to refresh my memory about who the **** he is. Dallas better sub like crazy at RB, because they sure don't have a featured back. Just a bunch of back ups. Don't get me wrong, I like role players, but damn...

Subbing for MBIII AT Pittsburgh, he ran for 88 yards. 2nd most the Steelers allowed all season. 2nd to Jamal Lewis who ran for about 90 or so, in a meaningless week 17 game.

Then ran for 91 yards vs. NY on 9 carries and followed that up with 90 yards vs. a stout Ravens defense.

Not too shabby for a 4th round pick who started the season 3rd on the depth chart.

He stepped it up when called upon. And that's great to know going into 2009.

I'm extremely comfortable with all 3 of the Dallas' RBs playing whenever they are needed.

I remember when Reggie Brooks broke off 1000 yards his rookie year. That's a real steal. Choice needs about 14 more good games to be on Reggie's level.

I remember when Reggie Brooks broke off 1000 yards his rookie year. That's a real steal. Choice needs about 14 more good games to be on Reggie's level.

Brooks was the 45th overall pick.

Choice was the 122nd overall pick.

The expectations are a little different.

Archived