Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WP RI - Zorn Praises Offense's Development

HapHaszard

If you are resolved to submit devisive posts please do so with a measure of intelligence and fairness.

Manning and Brady have had the luxury of stability (Same coach and O.C.) throughout there respective tenures. This is the 4th system of Jason Campbell's young career.

I would sincerely love for this to be the last time I have to state this FACT! not speculation: "He has improved every season!!!"

Stick with one thing and the kid will bring us to glory...

HAIL

If you are resolved to submit devisive posts please do so with a measure of intelligence and fairness.

Manning and Brady have had the luxury of stability (Same coach and O.C.) throughout there respective tenures. This is the 4th system of Jason Campbell's young career.

I would sincerely love for this to be the last time I have to state this FACT! not speculation: "He has improved every season!!!"

Stick with one thing and the kid will bring us to glory...

HAIL

I have never understood how some people find it so easy to just dismiss the importants of knowing an offense for a QB. Indy, Chicago and Denver are 3 teams to watch this year IMO, on how some of the major factors affect the play of a QB. Manning (who is a top 3 QB) will have new coaches for the first time in his 10 year career. Kyle Orton has been a best a "game manager" and at worst "bad" in his NFL career, but has been on a team with limited weapons and a somewhat suspect O-line (but managed to win) with a great defense. He's going to "No-D in Denver" but is getting a better o-line and WR's. Jay Culter is in the opposite boat, going from a team with a good o-line and WR's and putting up some big numbers (but not alot of wins) to marginal talent on offense but a very good defense.

Manning is a very smart and hard working QB so he might now see much of a dropoff since he is basically a coach himself and there isnt a system change, but Culter and Orton might be the the litmus test for "does the QB make the team or does the team make the QB".

I think Zorn's statement in this article are a good sign.

It shows that the enitre staff was in a learning mode last year.

When you have a rookie HC who is also a rookie playcaller and a rookie OC in a brand new offense there are going to be growing pains from the coaching staff themselves.

Imo Zorn's praise of the offense isn't just praise of the players, but of the coaching staff.

I think the offense will improve next year, especially the passing game.

I just hope the OL has improved enough to sustain for an entire season and give Zorn the freedom to open the passing game beyond 3 step drops.

But, even if it must be a 3 step drop based attack it needs to be more creative then what we saw in the second half of the season.

Yeah, I think he's feeling a lot less pressure having to go around and correct coaches and what they're saying.

Archived