Extremeskins

My favorite quote from Chris Horton.

WhoRUSupposed2Be

Landry is not NEAR this list.

Ed Reed

Troy Polamalu

Bob Sanders

Adrian Wilson

Brian Dawkins maybe even his replacement Quintin Mikell.

Nick Collins

Kerry Rhodes

If Harrison signs with a team this year he is easily still in the mix.

Does LaRon have potential? yes.

But he is only a big time safety in the eyes of Redskins fans.

He has a ways to go before being mentioned in the same sentence as the fellas I listed above.

Harrison? Rodney Harrison? Harrison's been borderline worthless as a coverage safety for about 2-3 years now, he's just been intimidating as a physical presence in the run game and over the middle.

Landry's better at this point than Dawkins (who has his impressive intangibles left, but physically is worn out) and he's definitely better than Quintin Mikell.

As far as guys like Rhodes/Collins/Sanders, and particularly Reed/Polamalu, they've been in the league and in the same system for at minimum 4-5 years already. Landry's played one season as our FS, in a system that going back to 2004 emphasizes keeping opponents' yards/points down without generating a decent amount of turnovers and sacks.

Guys like Reed and even possibly Harrison or Dawkins have built HOF careers after playing this long and making their impact, of course Landry isn't near them now, but that doesn't mean he doesn't have the potential to be up there with them. He's already widely considered one of the best young safeties in the league if you asked most knowledgable fans.

Do you think even stand up guys like Fletcher have this attitude?

Yeah, I do think guys like Fletcher have this attitude. Just like a Jerry Rice or Art Monk or Darrell Green did. That's why they're considered LEADERS on the team. Guys like Landry take their talent for granted and don't work as hard and will never realize their full potential until they grow up and work their tail off and lead by example.

as a famous person once said... but cant seem to put my finger on it ... hmmmm (TE)

"one percent inspiration (or talent) and ninety-nine percent perspiration"

where there is a will, there is a way. horton seems like hes got the will.

my vote goes to horton for a better season that is if he starts. but if he doesnt, landry will shine. did anyone notice last season, that horton just seemed to be in on every major tackler? or that he was in the near vicinity of the tackles? I just got the impression that he was all over the field in every play!

Yeah, Chris Horton is the man, and I've been impressed with him since he made some plays in preseason last year. He'll be a great Redskins for a long time.

But the situation is different, since Horton has competition with Doughty and Moore. He'll most likely start (it'll be a big surprise if he doesn't, imo), but the competition is closer for SS than FS. The reality is, Landry can have the attitude of not coming to OTAs and still keep his job with no problem. If Horton took OTAs off, especially since he's only in his second year, he could end up behind enough to draw competition at SS closer.

Well, I would not say that... Horton is just better that Doughty and an injury behind Moore.

I love Horton's attitude. He's got heart, passion, and determination.

Which begs the question: Which of our safeties has the better season?

Horton and depending on the Landry health through-out the season. Considering that Moore is a FS alternate, Landry's window may be marginally slim by proportions.

Ed Reed

Troy Polamalu

Bob Sanders

Adrian Wilson

Nick Collins

Kerry Rhodes

He has a ways to go before being mentioned in the same sentence as the fellas I listed above.

I think Horton could end up on "The list" before Landry.

IMHO

Who knows, maybe Big Al pushes them BOTH to the next level this season!

GO SKINS!

Landry is physically more gifted than all of your aforementioned but his years at one position is what's missing. Even I know he hasn't proven anything yet.

Ed Reed

Troy Polamalu

Bob Sanders

Adrian Wilson

Nick Collins

Kerry Rhodes

IMHO

GO SKINS!

Landry doesn't belong on that list right now, but that's because he hasn't had time to accomplish much yet, not because he doesn't have the talent. Talent-wise, I'd stick him in there right under Brian Dawkins (although I'd argue he's better in pass coverage than Dawkins). After only two years in the NFL, Landry's already been a Pro Bowl alternate, and I'd bet that during the 2008 season offensive coordinators spent a decent bit of their gameplanning time studying Landry.

Pretty cool fact I just stumbled across: a Redskins rookie led all rookie DB's in total sacks both of the last two years (Landry 2007, Horton 2008)--now that's building a secondary!!

Ed Reed

Troy Polamalu

Bob Sanders

Adrian Wilson

Nick Collins

Kerry Rhodes

IMHO

GO SKINS!

Landry has one thing you can't teach. All out speed. Not you but some on this thread keep saying he's no Sean Taylor. Well Hell Who is? ST was a freak of nature. As to who Landry is better than is up for debate but Landry IMO is an abover average safety. He's physical and is one the fastest safties in the league. I ike Horton but if I had to choose between him and Landry, there's no doubt I'd go Landry. Horton has done a nice job but I think if the Skins were to have Landry around the box like Horton he'd have about 6 sacks with his speed. Dawkins has seen better days. I'd take Landry over Collins, RHodes and Harrison.

That's a really good quote from Horton, I was already a fan of his on-field performance. I really want to see him become one of the most feared safeties in the league and stick around for many years.

agreed, that is if he stays healthy!

on another note, can anyone link me to this kareem moore hit on ocho cinco last season?

i cant seem to find it anywhere online :( its as if ochocinco's personal staff erased all trace of it from the face of the earth to prevent anymore embarassment he has caused himself

Your favorite CH quote?

Was there an over abundance of awesome CH quotes while i was away on vacation?

:whoknows:

Perhaps "A great quote by CH".. But I'm not so sure I'd go as far as to call that a great quote.

ignore me.. mr. crankypants seems to have come down with a cold

:silly:

• 5 months later...

Archived