Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

OTA Coverage: Comments

TLusby

Were you there Gary, anybody standout?

Redskins blogger Matt Terl has the day-to-day coverage of OTAs.

I was out helping an intern get acclimated, so I wasn't watching practice all that closely, unfortunately.

Couple things I did notice:

Malcolm Kelly made a nice grab on a slant pattern even though the throw was slightly behind him.

DeAngelo Hall had an interception during 11-on-11 work (off of Colt Brennan).

Speaking of Colt, he was the last guy off the practice field. He stayed late working on throwing deep balls.

;);)

Redskins blogger Matt Terl has the day-to-day coverage of OTAs.

I was out helping an intern get acclimated, so I wasn't watching practice all that closely, unfortunately.

Couple things I did notice:

Malcolm Kelly made a nice grab on a slant pattern even though the throw was slightly behind him.

DeAngelo Hall had an interception during 11-on-11 work (off of Colt Brennan).

Speaking of Colt, he was the last guy off the practice field. He stayed late working on throwing deep balls.

Very cool. Keep the info coming! (Colt fans are gonna be very mad at you ;))

What do you guys think the QB depth chart will look like this year? I think its pretty fair to assume Campbell is entrenched as the starter and unless we go on a massive losing streak like last year, i don't think that is going to change. Can Brennan pass Collins on the depth chart? And if so, does that lead to Collins release? I have a hard time believing Daniel will stay on our practice squad for long once injuries roll around.

I really hate seeing Orakpo playing mainly at LB. I have a funny feeling even w/ haynesworth and orakpo our sack total isnt going to go up much this year. I hope i wrong but i can see Blache using haynesworth as he usually uses his DT, which is the exact opposite haynesworth should be used. also it appears as if we will have a 36 year old coming off major surgery starting at LDE and playing our gift from god in the draft out of position, if we wanted a LB WE SHOULD'VE TAKEN A LB NOT THE BEST PASS RUSHER IN THE DRAFT AND USE HIM OUT OF POSITION.

hopefully when game 1 comes around orakpo is a full time de like he supposed to be

I really hate seeing Orakpo playing mainly at LB

stupid, stupid decision

My guess is he will mainly play linebacker against more run-heavy teams so we can get a better run stopping end in there on 1st and 2nd down like Daniels. If we are playing a more pass happy team like the Eagles i would assume he would be spending more time at end.

I really hate seeing Orakpo playing mainly at LB.

Actually, I like him there and with his hand in the dirt on 3rd downs. This is where rookie DE's have had their best success is at the SAM position.

I really hate seeing Orakpo playing mainly at LB. I have a funny feeling even w/ haynesworth and orakpo our sack total isnt going to go up much this year. I hope i wrong but i can see Blache using haynesworth as he usually uses his DT, which is the exact opposite haynesworth should be used. also it appears as if we will have a 36 year old coming off major surgery starting at LDE and playing our gift from god in the draft out of position, if we wanted a LB WE SHOULD'VE TAKEN A LB NOT THE BEST PASS RUSHER IN THE DRAFT AND USE HIM OUT OF POSITION.

hopefully when game 1 comes around orakpo is a full time de like he supposed to be

see i agree 100%. a lot of people seem to think blache has something up his sleeve and that this was the plan all along to have orakpo be a LB, but im just not buying it yet. i really feel were just plugging him in there cause we have no other options. i hope im wrong.

see i agree 100%. a lot of people seem to think blache has something up his sleeve and that this was the plan all along to have orakpo be a LB, but im just not buying it yet. i really feel were just plugging him in there cause we have no other options. i hope im wrong.

I don't like it anymore than you, but check this out.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2009/feb/22/redskins-keen-on-orakpo/

Dated February 22nd.

Hours after they released former Pro Bowl linebacker Marcus Washington, the Redskins' search for his replacement began when they told Texas standout Brian Orakpo they envision him as the strongside linebacker in their 4-3 defense.

Archived