Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What kind of laptop should i buy?

RonYoungEra

Thats crazy b/c Vista hasn't even been out all that long...

yeah..it's supposed to just clean up a few things that vista sucks at..i'm not sure what as i was running xp.. i don't think it's gonna be a major overhaul, but the reviews i've read have been pretty positive so far...don't know anyone 1sthand who's used it..

yeah..it's supposed to just clean up a few things that vista sucks at..i'm not sure what as i was running xp.. i don't think it's gonna be a major overhaul, but the reviews i've read have been pretty positive so far...don't know anyone 1sthand who's used it..

I luckily got Vista after it had been out for a year already so mine has been pretty smooth.

IMO, I always wait for to buy new programs or whatever it is after a few months for them to find kinks and fix errors found like PS3, Iphone, Vista etc.

what do you think of windows 7? i'm hesitant to buy a computer now w/vista if windows 7 is gonna drop later this year.. everything i've read says good things and there'll be a free upgrade from vista, but only for computers bought after 7/1..i dunno if i can wait a month.. is that what you (or anyone esle) have heard? thanks!

Windows 7 is far more polished. I am very impressed with it. The multi-touch features are a game changer.

okay..after much research, i think i've found the one for me..the lenovo ideapad y550 ..any thoughts before i purchase tomorrow? oh, and i'm using my friend's employee discount, so it'll only be $515! :)

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/searchtools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=4400171&csid=ITD&body=MAIN

Just my 2 bits, but I did a google search for the make/model of this laptop for a review and came back with almost no viable info. An off brand computer with no info on it from consumers scares me.

Just my 2 bits, but I did a google search for the make/model of this laptop for a review and came back with almost no viable info. An off brand computer with no info on it from consumers scares me.

i was just gonna say...i read reviews online fore almost EVERYTHING before I make any purchase starting at about $100 and up

well..the thinkpads are more for business..i think the ideapad will suit my needs better (music, movies, internet surfing)..

and as for reviews..there's not a lot out there b/c i think these just came out earlier this year, but from what i've read/heard from friends, lenovo is not an off brand (formerly IMB) and they're quite durable & reliable.. the reviews that i have found have been favorable.. but if you find anything to the contrary, i'd love to check it out before purchasing!

Archived