Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Yonhap: NKorea fires another missile:

SkinsHokieFan

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20090526/wl_afp/nkoreanuclearweaponsmissiles

NKorea fires another missile: Yonhap

SEOUL (AFP) – North Korea has fired off another missile, the latest in a series since its nuclear test two days ago, South Korea's Yonhap news agency said Wednesday.

The North fired a short-range missile into the Sea of Japan (East Sea) overnight, it quoted a Seoul government source as saying.

"Intelligence authorities are now closely monitoring the situation," the source said.

The communist state fired three short-range ground-to-air missiles from locations near its east coast on Monday, the same day it conducted an underground nuclear test that shocked the world.

It launched two more off its east coast on Tuesday, Yonhap news agency reported. South Korea's military says it does not comment on intelligence matters.

The missiles fired Monday and Tuesday were said to have a range of 130 kilometres (80 miles).

Several times in recent years, the North has test-fired short-range missiles in either the Yellow Sea or the Sea of Japan. The exercises are often staged to coincide with periods of regional tension.

Well, if I'm the Sea of Japan, I learn to shut the hell up before they shoot their entire arsenal into me.

One really must wonder if they believe for a second that they'd survive if they started a nuclear war? The overwhelming majority of North Koreans can be killed in a nuclear exchange in about 30 minutes. It's not like they are allowed to leave that small little country. Almost all of them are there.

I feel bad because the people really don't have a clue. This clown Il tells them that everyone else is the reason why they're as bad off and isolated as they are. And if he starts a nuclear war it will cost most of them their lives and they won't even know why.

I wonder how far China would back them, and I also wonder how far they've pushed Il to do these things. Is he just their puppet trying to provoke a fight? For what reason?

~Bang

Well, if I'm the Sea of Japan, I learn to shut the hell up before they shoot their entire arsenal into me.

One really must wonder if they believe for a second that they'd survive if they started a nuclear war? The overwhelming majority of North Koreans can be killed in a nuclear exchange in about 30 minutes. It's not like they are allowed to leave that small little country. Almost all of them are there.

I feel bad because the people really don't have a clue. This clown Il tells them that everyone else is the reason why they're as bad off and isolated as they are. And if he starts a nuclear war it will cost most of them their lives and they won't even know why.

I wonder how far China would back them, and I also wonder how far they've pushed Il to do these things. Is he just their puppet trying to provoke a fight? For what reason?

~Bang

The simple fact of the matter is that becoming a nuclear nation changes your status and pull internationally. When was the last time a nuclear nation was invaded? Whether they can be wiped out or not, you can't bully a nuke country the way you can others.

Archived