Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Yahoo: Country's Worst Drivers

MattFancy

understand the general concept and it's popular usage, but you cannot measure distance with units of time. i was taught using car lengths... equally vague, of course. i've never heard of the well known rule of 3 seconds though. but if 3 seconds is safe, isn't 10 seconds even safer, let alone the primo safety afforded by 20 seconds?

still a dumb question.

lol, I have been told the car length thing too.

10 seconds is really really safe :)

understand the general concept and it's popular usage, but you cannot measure distance with units of time. i was taught using car lengths... equally vague, of course. i've never heard of the well known rule of 3 seconds though. but if 3 seconds is safe, isn't 10 seconds even safer, let alone the primo safety afforded by 20 seconds?

still a dumb question.

You can measure units of time. You pick a marker, whether it be road marker, or a tree, or whatever may be a stationary object near the road, then you count how many seconds between the rear bumper of the car in front of you passing to the front of your car passing that object. Easy peasy. I can't stand when some jackass uses that 3 second distance to pass me and get in that slot. Then not only is he tailgating, but so am I. It happens all the time here on the highway. It's really effing annoying.

You can measure units of time. You pick a marker, whether it be road marker, or a tree, or whatever may be a stationary object near the road, then you count how many seconds between the rear bumper of the car in front of you passing to the front of your car passing that object. Easy peasy. I can't stand when some jackass uses that 3 second distance to pass me and get in that slot. Then not only is he tailgating, but so am I. It happens all the time here on the highway. It's really effing annoying.

I can't stand that either. That *#%^ really sux at 80/85 mph.

Archived