Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Obama meets Netanyahu (round one of many).

JMS

obi.jpg

Netanyahoo doesn't look all that comfortable. It appears Obama is slapping him on the back, and he's not sure how to take it.

Among Obama's statements at the Press conference.

• Israel needs to Capitalize on 'historic opportunity' to restart peace talks.

Obama's talking ot Netayahoo there, the guy who stone walled the peace process last time he was in office.

• Israel settlements building in the west bank must be 'stopped'..

Every American administration since Johnson in 67 has had that position; but Obama brought up it was Israel's responsibility to do so as part of the Road map agreed too in 2003. Ballsy move Obama.

Netanyahu has been around the block a few times and is quite a bit more savvy than Obama is. Even though the US really holds most of the cards, I do expect that Israel will want the US to take some kind of action towards Iran before the flawed "roadmap to peace" even comes into the equation.

Netanyahu has been around the block a few times and is quite a bit more savvy than Obama is. Even though the US really holds most of the cards, I do expect that Israel will want the US to take some kind of action towards Iran before the flawed "roadmap to peace" even comes into the equation.

If longevity in politics is what makes you savvy, I guess Fidel Castro is the savviest of all. :silly:

You might guess that I am not a fan of Bibi.

talk as bad as you want about castro but hes never been removed like saddam and some others.

obama is putting himself too far out there. who is he to Israel? its like the new kid on the block telling you how to run things.

Who is the President of the United States to Israel?

He's the guy who writes the checks to pay their rent every month.

If longevity in politics is what makes you savvy, I guess Fidel Castro is the savviest of all. :silly:

You might guess that I am not a fan of Bibi.

Israeli politics is a bit different than what we are used to here in the US, as we don't have a parliamentary system and all the finagling that goes with it.

And IMO, he's the best thing to happen to Israeli politics since David Ben-Gurion.

thats true but not the way youre making it out to be. Israel isnt as depended upon us as that statement makes it out to be. As a matter of a fact they have been doing US favors by showing restraint over there and not dropping bombs in Pakistan and Iraq when theyve had every right to.

Obama talks too much. He knows what should be done with everyone and how everything should be ran but gas is way up again and were just as bad financially as we were before he took over. He needs to figure out how to fix the US first and then worry about Israel.

Who is the President of the United States to Israel?

He's the guy who writes the checks to pay their rent every month.

And Obama is elected by a very large portion of the American Jewish Community that vote democratic. Not a good idea to piss off a big block of your voters by playing hardball with Israel. :cool2:

thats true but not the way youre making it out to be. Israel isnt as depended upon us as that statement makes it out to be. As a matter of a fact they have been doing US favors by showing restraint over there and not dropping bombs in Pakistan and Iraq when theyve had every right to.

Obama talks too much. He knows what should be done with everyone and how everything should be ran but gas is way up again and were just as bad financially as we were before he took over. He needs to figure out how to fix the US first and then worry about Israel.

Where do they get those bombs that they would be dropping? And the planes that they would be dropping them from? Israel acts in their own best interest...they are doing us no "favors". Israel is probably MUCH more dependent on us than you suspect.

i dont believe that for one moment. im ex military and know what israel has for an army and what they use for missles. they did us a huge favor in the first gulf war by not engaging because every single other country that hates them would have gotten in it and that would have been one big mess.

And Obama is elected by a very large portion of the American Jewish Community that vote democratic. Not a good idea to piss off a big block of your voters by playing hardball with Israel. :cool2:

Less than 2% of the US population is Jewish. Is that really a "big block" of voters?

i dont believe that for one moment. im ex military and know what israel has for an army and what they use for missles. they did us a huge favor in the first gulf war by not engaging because every single other country that hates them would have gotten in it and that would have been one big mess.

Exactly it would have been one big mess, why would they want one big mess?

Less than 2% of the US population is Jewish. Is that really a "big block" of voters?

Considering a very large portion of them vote, and vote solidly democrat. Now divide that into the percentage of the US population that can or cannot be bothered to vote, and you get your answer.

Great, I am ex military also. What does that have to do with anything? They don't do us favors, they do what is best for them. And if you think they could take on these "enemies" without US support you are mistaken.

Exactly it would have been one big mess, why would they want one big mess?

because they dont give a **** about any of them.

when lybia was building reactors did they think about any repercussions before going over there and leveling them out? Nope.

and diehard..if the jewish community is so unpowerful..why is it when jesse called new york "Jymie town" he lost?

because they dont give a **** about any of them.

when lybia was building reactors did they think about any repercussions before going over there and leveling them out? Nope.

and diehard..if the jewish community is so unpowerful..why is it when jesse called new york "Jymie town" he lost?

I don't think you know how countries work

Great, I am ex military also. What does that have to do with anything? They don't do us favors, they do what is best for them. And if you think they could take on these "enemies" without US support you are mistaken.

sounds like you are the one who is mistaken here with the talks of they "need us". they needed us when we first established them but they make their own ways and rules. yes we help them but they wouldnt be pushed over by anyone if we stopped helping them today.

Considering a very large portion of them vote, and vote solidly democrat. Now divide that into the percentage of the US population that can or cannot be bothered to vote, and you get your answer.

As of 2002 Jews made up a little over 5 million of the US population. How many people voted in the election of 2004? 90 million? How many of those 5.25 million are of voting age...and vote. That isn't to say they don't wield a lot of influence. They do. In fact many would argue they wield disproportionate influence. But that is another discussion for another thread. I hope President Obama does act in OUR interests with the Israelis.

As of 2002 Jews made up a little over 5 million of the US population. How many people voted in the election of 2004? 90 million? How many of those 5.25 million are of voting age...and vote. That isn't to say they don't wield a lot of influence. They do. In fact many would argue they wield disproportionate influence. But that is another discussion for another thread. I hope President Obama does act in OUR interests with the Israelis.

you actually just helped make his point with the influence comment.

Archived