Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Why The Shortage of Heyer Fans?

Chiefinonhaze

Heyer doesn't run block well and needed help -- lots of it -- when facing any decent d-end. There were two games last year where he was so bad Cooley had to stay in and block on almost every down -- it made our offense even more pathetic.

He's a nice story and is probably a better option than Jon "stealing money" Jansen at the moment. But unless he improves by leaps and bounds practically overnight, we're going to need one of those FA's to step up if we want solid play at right tackle.

I find it pretty funny that people are always crying about our pass protection, yet are NOT in favor of putting in a better pass protector(Heyer). I'm sure our running game will be fine with Heyer in...Portis will be his same old self, and we upgraded the guard position so Dockery will plow people in the run game. And who knows? MAYBE, just MAYBE, Heyer will improve on his run blocking and become the complete tackle we need.

I would rather take a slight hit to our top ranked running game, to improve our HORRIBLE pass protection.

Maybe people are hating on Heyer because they are pulling for Mike Williams?:doh: He is much more of a longshot to win the spot than Heyer, who won it last year.

I find it pretty funny that people are always crying about our pass protection, yet are NOT in favor of putting in a better pass protector(Heyer). I'm sure our running game will be fine with Heyer in...Portis will be his same old self, and we upgraded the guard position so Dockery will plow people in the run game. And who knows? MAYBE, just MAYBE, Heyer will improve on his run blocking and become the complete tackle we need.

Problem is, Heyer hasn't shown to be anything close to a good pass-blocker either. Sure he's better than Jansen in that department, but pretty much everyone is. Again, there were at least two games last year where Cooley had to stay in and block on passing downs to help Heyer. This "he's a good pass blocker" stuff just isn't true. At least not now.

Bridges is the guy to focus on in training camp.

Well, first of all, I am a Campbell supporter but Im open minded enough to understand why people question Campbell. Please find one post of mine where I have "hated' on Campbell. You wont find one. Your stats about Joe Montana are interesting. Nice little nugget of information you provided but what about the HUNDREDS of QB's that had seasons 9-10 seasons of of under 20 TD passes that didnt accomplish ****??

Well Stoney, here is a little advice. If you are not a Campbell hater as you claim, there are TWO things you can do to keep that moniker from sticking to you.

ONE) Stop patronizing and agreeing with BrandonLloydChristmas so much because he is a well know Campbell hater and probably an Eagles fan as well. Have you ever heard the phrase "birds of a feather flock together". Well, it applies here.

TWO) If you are not a Campbell hater, then why is it whenever I say something good or positive in Jason's favor, then suddenly you come up with the negative angle. Example you say...okay. Look at your post above. I referred to Joe Montana's 9 seasons in which threw for LESS than 20 TD passes. I mentioned it as a reference to Jason Campbell who only threw 13 last year in a brand new system. You could easily have said, "Oh thats an interesting stat. Possibly Jason can throw 5 or 6 more this year and begin to develop.

But Noooooooooooooooooo. Yu immediately come back with a nugget of negativity about hundreds of other QB's have also thrown less than 20 TD's and have bombed. Proof positive that you are looking for the negative, or DARK SIDE, of every Jason Campbell story. Therefore, you are one of the haters.

As I said...if you wish to stop being considered a negative hater of all that is good on the Redskins, how about taking the POSITIVE slant on some things.

Like right now...why not start a thread about the positives and the possibilites for this year? If you don't then I will...despite your continued childish insults like calling me ProClown. Really. Can you just act like an adult and have a discussion without resorting to the name calling.

Anyway, to change your image, get started on your positive thread....and yes that is a challenge.:D...if you have it in you!

If you are not a Campbell hater, then why is it whenever I say something good or positive in Jason's favor, then suddenly you come up with the negative angle. Example you say...okay. Look at your post above. I referred to Joe Montana's 9 seasons in which threw for LESS than 20 TD passes. I mentioned it as a reference to Jason Campbell who only threw 13 last year in a brand new system. You could easily have said, "Oh thats an interesting stat. Possibly Jason can throw 5 or 6 more this year and begin to develop.

But Noooooooooooooooooo. Yu immediately come back with a nugget of negativity about hundreds of other QB's have also thrown less than 20 TD's and have bombed. Proof positive that you are looking for the negative, or DARK SIDE, of every Jason Campbell story. Therefore, you are one of the haters.

Dude, what a ridiculous thought process. I like oreos too and will talk about how good they are but if someone starts making ridiculous claims arguing that theyre good for you and can cure cancer i'm not just going to blindly agree with them. Pointing out flaws in another INDIVIDUALS logic doesn't change or neutralize a person's original opinion.

Dude, what a ridiculous thought process. I like oreos too and will talk about how good they are but if someone starts making ridiculous claims arguing that theyre good for you and can cure cancer i'm not just going to blindly agree with them. Pointing out flaws in another INDIVIDUALS logic doesn't change or neutralize a person's original opinion.

Dont bother Rhodus....Logic and reading comprehension are two qualities this guy doesnt possess.

from what i have seen from Heyer on redskins nation he looks stronger and a bit slimmer and in better shape. The guy is still young and improving. i don't get why so many people think he has already reached his ceiling. I think he may just surprise a few people. At the least he can sit behind Samuels for another year or two and hone his skills. His salary is dirt cheap and he is a pretty big dude with long arms and quick feet. I have no reason to believe he wont continue to improve and eventually become a starter on this team. Hail.

Archived