Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Dallas Wins The Divison: Undiciplined Team Gets It's Act Togehter Following Accident

Reaganaut

They eagles had a nice run after getting a gift just to get into the playoffs at all (do you remember the end of the mcnabb era in philly until Kolb threw that awful pic in the endzone at baltimore?)

I remember that!

I kept wondering "What was he thinking? It's second and inches and you pass the ball?!"

It's good for my team though. Ed Reed broke the record for longest interception touchdown. :D

That was an excellent post btw. But I have a stupid newbie question (what can I say, it's my first year watching football): did the Eagles really start their backup because they thought he could do something McNabb couldn't? I mean didn't he take them to the superbowl? I had thought Donavan was injured or something.

Or were you just being facetious in your comment?

Not sure if it actually will have a substantial impact, but this incident will certainly be a rallying point and motivational tool for the Cowboys this season.

Especially those who make the team that were there when it happened.

I remember that!

I kept wondering "What was he thinking? It's second and inches and you pass the ball?!"

It's good for my team though. Ed Reed broke the record for longest interception touchdown. :D

That was an excellent post btw. But I have a stupid newbie question (what can I say, it's my first year watching football): did the Eagles really start their backup because they thought he could do something McNabb couldn't? I mean didn't he take them to the superbowl? I had thought Donavan was injured or something.

Or were you just being facetious in your comment?

McNabb got benched for poor performance. Reid had talked to the owner about it two weeks prior to it happening. It was huge headlines when he got benched midway through the game.

Its widely believed that if Kolb had performed well during the game, that McNabb would be benched for the remainder of the season / traded, especially since it looked like the Eagles were going to fall short of the playoffs at the time. Fortunately for McNabb, Kolb stunk it up royally in relief of McNabb -- so McNabb was the starter the following week, then proceeded to have a great rest of the season.

Archived