Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What about special teams?

skinswin=happy

I see everyone on here talking about our offense needing to get better but really what about special teams. Our special teams play blows and special teams is normally at least 20% of any game. Last year we had HORRIBLE punting and kicking. Both brooks and placemeir or however u spell that stunk and gave other offenses good field position making it harder on our defense who did amazing given the firld position battle they were normally in. ARE just doesnt have the instinct or drive to be a punt returner and Rock doesnt know how to do a darn thing but run in a str8 line the second he gets the ball. And lastly I probably don't even need to bring this up but Suisham missed the most field goals in the entire league. I dont even want to think about how many close games we would have won the last two years if he didnt miss so many FGs. So i think their need to be more pressure on increasing the quality of play on special teams before anything else because it is completely screwing us. Oh yeah and dont forget the coverage on plays like Bush's walk in the park TD return last year.

We now seem to have stacked up on ST guys late in the draft.

It will be the same old story - Can anyone oust Trash and/or Rock.

That is very difficult if we only carry 5 WR's & 3 RB.

Smith is a good pick-up at Punter. The kicker situation is less convincing, imo.

I didnt realize we signed Hunter to punt. Otherwise I was screaming to draft Gano w pick 7a. He just KILLS it inside the 20 ALL the time, we dont have a good K in Suisham, so even if that was a wash. I wish we wouldve got Gano, he signed UDFRA in Balt. so you guys out there should see how he fares in camp, being close to you in DC. I'll laugh if he beats out either their P or Stover.

Suisham did have to cope with a revolving door at holder in 08, in 07 he was pretty solid . I think you have to look no further than the return men we brought in and the LBs\TE's which is where alot of special teamers are found .

I really can see the days of Rock are nearly done, and possibly ARE if Kelly and Thomas can step it up . Thash is a coaches favorite . He is hardest to dislodge .

Picking up Hunter Smith was a good move . Special teams has not been ignored .

We now seem to have stacked up on ST guys late in the draft.

It will be the same old story - Can anyone oust Trash and/or Rock.

That is very difficult if we only carry 5 WR's & 3 RB.

Smith is a good pick-up at Punter. The kicker situation is less convincing' date=' imo.[/quote']

I expect 5 RBs counting Sellars at FB.

Archived