Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ESPN: Sanchez Talk SHOCKS Campbell

Stanback

Did a search for it and didnt see it, please delete it or merge it if it already exist.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4105920

Published on espn.com

POTOMAC FALLS, Va. -- Jason Campbell sat on a patio with a distant view of the Potomac River, preparing to host the charity golf tournament that bears his name. Choosing his words carefully, he reflected on the sequence of events that nearly led him to ask for a trade from the Washington Redskins.

"It definitely was a shock," Campbell said, "when I started hearing Sanchez talk."

Campbell

Campbell was still the Redskins' starting quarterback Monday, having survived the second of two attempts by the team's brain trust to acquire someone else. He was having dinner Thursday night when he first learned that the front office was seriously interested in working a deal to select Southern California quarterback Mark Sanchez in the first round of the NFL draft.

Once was bad enough. Twice was too much. Had the Redskins drafted Sanchez, Campbell would have asked for a trade, said a person familiar with the situation who requested anonymity because of the sensitive nature of the subject.

Click link for full article

Im sure glad he's our quaterback, and I think he will respond better than ever using this offseason as motivation to succeed. And with Jason being in a contract year he'll have a huge chip on his shoulder. His handling of this situation shows his maturity and poise, now if it only translates to the football field

Did a search for it and didnt see it, please delete it or merge it if it already exist.

Published on espn.com

POTOMAC FALLS, Va. -- Jason Campbell sat on a patio with a distant view of the Potomac River, preparing to host the charity golf tournament that bears his name. Choosing his words carefully, he reflected on the sequence of events that nearly led him to ask for a trade from the Washington Redskins.

"It definitely was a shock," Campbell said, "when I started hearing Sanchez talk."

Campbell

Campbell was still the Redskins' starting quarterback Monday, having survived the second of two attempts by the team's brain trust to acquire someone else. He was having dinner Thursday night when he first learned that the front office was seriously interested in working a deal to select Southern California quarterback Mark Sanchez in the first round of the NFL draft.

Once was bad enough. Twice was too much. Had the Redskins drafted Sanchez, Campbell would have asked for a trade, said a person familiar with the situation who requested anonymity because of the sensitive nature of the subject.

Click link for full article

http://http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4105920

Im sure glad he's our quaterback, and I think he will respond better than ever using this offseason as motivation to succeed. And with Jason being in a contract year he'll have a huge chip on his shoulder. His handling of this situation shows his maturity and poise, now if it only translates to the football field

Ok, Ive just about had enough with this dude. Campbell needs to just shut the **** UP! What the **** is his problem? If you want to get a 5 star treatment from your team and not ever be mentioned in trade talks, then ****ING play like one! How the heck are you gonna present the stats you have so far and have the guts to say you are shocked that your team was looking to potentially upgrade your position. Why aren't we hearing the Eagles, Pats, Giants, Chargers, Falcons, Cowboys, Arizona, and many other teams in all these QB talks? Simple. They have playoff-calibre QB's already, which you have unfortuantely not shown that you are. I am so sick of this! "I was shocked" and "I couldn't believe they were thinking of bringing in competition" and "how dare they, don't they know who I am?"

Go **** yourself Campbell, you have succeeded in making me sick.

Ok, Ive just about had enough with this dude. Campbell needs to just shut the **** UP! What the **** is his problem? If you want to get a 5 star treatment from your team and not ever be mentioned in trade talks, then ****ING play like one! How the heck are you gonna present the stats you have so far and have the guts to say you are shocked that your team was looking to potentially upgrade your position. Why aren't we hearing the Eagles, Pats, Giants, Chargers, Falcons, Cowboys, Arizona, and many other teams in all these QB talks? Simple. They have playoff-calibre QB's already, which you have unfortuantely not shown that you are. I am so sick of this! "I was shocked" and "I couldn't believe they were thinking of bringing in competition" and "how dare they, don't they know who I am?"

Don't use dull blades.

I really hope you're kidding. Jason has been a model citizen through all the QB talks. He hasn't complained--at least not publicly--and addresses the issue only when asked.

What stories are you reading??

ibrahim, I can't even think of words to use that won't get me a vacation in response to your less than intelligent post.

The one thing that JC should be applauded for has been his demeanor through this all. There are better QBs out there and one cannot condemn the FO for looking at all angles, but to post angrily how JC is handling things is an absolute joke :doh:

I really hope you're kidding. Jason has been a model citizen through all the QB talks. He hasn't complained--at least not publicly--and addresses the issue only when asked.

Probably the rampant speculation and rumor-mongering right here on our very own ES. Or PFT and BleacherReport, which are even worse.

There is a quote in one of today's papers FROM Campbell saying he NEVER threatened he wanted a trade if Sanchez was picked.

Once again, the media uses these "league sources" to spread lies and create problems. Unless you see it in quotes, do not believe everything you read. I'm fed up with these no name sources who do not have the guts to attach their name to their statements or made up facts.

I'll post the link when I find it.

Wow, you really represent skins fans well..:doh:

What? Campbell has ACTED cool in front of the cameras throughout this process. But the quotes that have come out through the media from him are just making me sick. I mean, in 2007 we ****ed and moaned about our O-line, our defense, our WR's, Cooley and everyone we could blame for Campbell's problems. The moment he goes down and Collins comes in, we all of a sudden look like a playoff team, and do in fact make it to the playoffs.

All I am saying is he needs to stop complaining and demanding to be traded if competition is brought in, even if he is doing so very quietly. You complain when you are stellar and are about to be replaced. When you are below average-to-average and your team looks to bring in competition, you SUCK IT UP and improve your game, not demand to be traded. Who the heck does he think he is not to warrant competition? It was made very clear that if Sanchez was drafted, nothing was going to be given to him.

Sometimes when I read ES on Campbell and our FO, I forget that Campbell has NEVER even been to the playoffs. It would be different if were talking about McNabb here. Now HE would have a reason to be upset if his team looks for a replacement. He has been to how many NFC Championship Games now? And has been to the big game. I am sorry, but I am with Snyder/Cerrato on this one, a very rare occurrence.

Had the Redskins drafted Sanchez, Campbell would have asked for a trade, said a person familiar with the situation who requested anonymity because of the sensitive nature of the subject.

I would like to say, that this has been discussed and has pretty much determined as bull... Noone has soundbite, or a reference for the source... hell that rumor could have been sourced from someone off this board for crying out loud..

I think you missed the point. Nobody is saying he hasn't been a model citizen through all of this. The point that was being made was that Jason feels that the Redskins "owe" him the position of starting QB with absolutely no competition whatsoever. If he played like Tom Brady, then he would every right to complain, but so far he has done nothing to show to that he deserves to be the official starting QB w/ zero competition. If the FO wants to upgrade, or try to upgrade, they have every right to IMO.

If Jason Campbell was anything like Jay Cutler, we wouldn't have a QB right now.

Or he'd be drunk.

Cutler can't ever hope to be as classy you, that's for sure.

Ibrahim is essentially right but way overheated in his post.

The idea is that Campbell seems to say the right things because he has a calm demeanor and he does indeed say some of the right things. He's a good dude but good people still have flaws. Campbell HAS criticized his teammates in his own way to excuse his own shortcomings in games and in general and he has offered up his youth (no longer that young, dude) as an excuse and the system thing. he doesn't totally absolve himself verbally of responsibility but he keeps referring to himself as a good QB and he hasn't done anything to prove anything to anyone that he should be surprised about someone being brought in. Not only does he have a losing record but he has finished EVERY SEASON he played with 2-5(6) and 1-5 records. It's not the system, he sucks really bad at times.

No team in the league, short of the Chiefs or Lions of 2008, should have put up 10-12 ppg in a losing run. That's AWFUL, I don't care if they were throwing ES members out their on the offensive line. But like his boosters here, it's never his fault.

"In this business, it's tough," Camel said. "We had our meeting, and what we discussed was between us, and right now I'm looking forward to minicamp."
Oh god this is a horrible typo. Anyway, here's hoping he lights up the field this year - I think the potential is there, I really do. If nothing else, he's certainly our best option at this point.

What? Campbell has ACTED cool in front of the cameras throughout this process. But the quotes that have come out through the media from him are just making me sick. I mean, in 2007 we ****ed and moaned about our O-line, our defense, our WR's, Cooley and everyone we could blame for Campbell's problems. The moment he goes down and Collins comes in, we all of a sudden look like a playoff team, and do in fact make it to the playoffs.

All I am saying is he needs to stop complaining and demanding to be traded if competition is brought in, even if he is doing so very quietly. You complain when you are stellar and are about to be replaced. When you are below average-to-average and your team looks to bring in competition, you SUCK IT UP and improve your game, not demand to be traded. Who the heck does he think he is not to warrant competition? It was made very clear that if Sanchez was drafted, nothing was going to be given to him.

Sometimes when I read ES on Campbell and our FO, I forget that Campbell has NEVER even been to the playoffs. It would be different if were talking about McNabb here. Now HE would have a reason to be upset if his team looks for a replacement. He has been to how many NFC Championship Games now? And has been to the big game. I am sorry, but I am with Snyder/Cerrato on this one, a very rare occurrence.

Please post what quotes or statements you are referring to, because I don't recall anything but professionalism from JC...

That doesn't mean that I think he is our future, but I do think he has handled himself well..

uhhh, please provide a link to a direct quote from JC saying he wanted to be traded.

The point that was being made was that Jason feels that the Redskins "owe" him the position of starting QB with absolutely no competition whatsoever. If he played like Tom Brady, then he would every right to complain, but so far he has done nothing to show to that he deserves to be the official starting QB w/ zero competition.

Competition? Isn't that what Chase is for?:silly:

I can't believe how delusional you Campbell haters are.

Does this sound like someone who wants 5 star treatment?

“If I had acted rebellious or anything, that would have made the situation a lot worse,” Campbell said. “It would have affected a lot more people than myself, and I feel that’s not right. Those guys I work with every day, lifting weights and sweating, and then the fans that still support me.”

----

If Campbell saying he was shocked to hear about Sanchez rumors because he had JUST had a meeting where the FO told him he was going to be the man makes you sick, you need to see a doctor right away. Something serious going on there that has nothing to do with Campbell.

I would like to say, that this has been discussed and has pretty much determined as bull... Noone has soundbite, or a reference for the source... hell that rumor could have been sourced from someone off this board for crying out loud..

You haven't determined crap. Maybe you JC fan boys should read up.

Asked if it were so, Campbell dodged the question with a huge smile.

"No comment, you know," he said.

It's funny, he commented on everything but that question asking him if it were true he was going to ask for a trade.

Archived